168b. Fiasco!

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I don't really care about this episode. I don't hate it but I don't like it. I just feel so indifferent about this episode. I guess the only thing I don't like here is that Squidward was stuck in jail as well as Plankton at the end which all he wanted was his beauty sleep. That was just a really pointless scene and didn't need to be added. Also the X-Ray of Patrick's stomach was just weird. 5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Fiasco!

This episode was very decent. The plot was pretty nice. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
One of my Season 8 (and post-movie, heck even general) favorites for sure. There were lots of hilarious and entertaining scenes to keep me satisfied throughout. The Krusty Krab song/intro/whatever, and everything else, it was all awesome. 9/10

Z-Dogg64

Floating Shopping List
Absolutely terrible. Squidward getting arrested for no reason is not funny in the slightest. 2nd worst episode of the show to Are You Happy Now.

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This episode was alright, the concept was interesting but it could've been executed much better, there weren't any funny jokes and the ending also ruined the episode for me. Not much else to say to be honest.

4.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A disjointed mess with a couple of interesting ideas that are buried underneath few jokes and a terrible ending.

5/10

This is a very hit-or-miss episode. I personally think it's just okay. It's very forgettable, but there are a couple of funny jokes. But I will give this episode credit for being the only episode to ever premiere on my birthday.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Ghoul Fools (A)
5. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
6. Mooncation (A)
7. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
8. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
9. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
10. Walking the Plankton (B)
11. The Way of the Sponge (B)
12. A Friendly Game (B)
13. Sentimental Sponge (C)
14. Bubble Troubles (C)
15. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
16. Accidents Will Happen (C)
17. Fiasco! (C)
18. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
19. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
20. Barnacle Face (C)
21. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
22. The Googly Artiste (D)
23. The Other Patty (D)
24. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
25. Patrick's Staycation (D)
26. Oral Report (E)
27. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
28. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
29. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Really bad episode right here! I legit almost fell asleep during this cringefest. Squidward also got arrested for absolutely no reason at all. The only thing i liked was that Fiasco character who was kinda likable.

Rating: Terrible Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I love how we jump right into "Fiasco!" with Patrick in a tie with no explanation, and it only becomes clear as the seconds go by that this is a badly-acted commercial (not even a real commercial, but just SpongeBob’s idea of one, in storyboard form). Reminds me of “As Seen On TV”…how has it been months since I reviewed that? Once Mr. Krabs kicks SpongeBob and his bad ideas out, we then a kinda annoying moment with SpongeBob sighing loudly multiple times. We then see a very odd man doing weird stuff with Krabby Patties, and once he leaves, turns out it was SpongeBob’s parody of Jackson Pollock lol.

When Squidward and Mr. Krabs argue about who’s art it is, I have to say that I’m taking Mr. Krabs’ side on this one. This piece was made on the materials in his restaurant, left in his restaurant, so technically it is his lol. And of course a museum curator gotta come in and talk about taking the piece…and of course they’re British too, as that’s what they do best. Yeah, I should delete that joke, but I’m not going to.

Plankton then gets involved in the episode, which, given how the episode kind of wasn’t going anywhere, I think this is necessary. Why Plankton thinks that he’s going to be able to get his hands on a Krabby Patty that everyone is looking at and is under glass, I have no idea, but sure, why not. And somehow it works???? What happened to the art being guarded?? At least he ends up getting chased by the cops in a pretty entertaining sequence. The bit with Patrick was pretty funny too.

The bit in SpongeBob’s house is also pretty funny, especially because of everyone getting threatened by a spoon. Also, Plankton knowing Gary’s name is a win in my book. And his proclamation that both Gary and SpongeBob are accomplices to his crime is asinine but in a good way. And then Patrick shows up and eats the art, which you know what, I’m not even surprised anymore. How many times is Patrick eating an important thing going to be used as a major plot point LMAO. Finally, the police show up, and they use their powers to arrest everyone, which is exactly what I’d expect from cops. Yeah, seems I’m on the soapbox today, sue me. The ending of this episode is great, though. Mr. Krabs busts everyone out of the jail, well…everyone except Plankton. And Squidward, who ends up stuck at the very end. Poor Squidward lol.

“Fiasco!” was a fun episode. Not super great, but simply fun, and I don’t have very much negative to say about it. I think the episode takes a little bit to truly get started, as I only get genuinely interested once Plankton steals the art and goes on the lam. I wish this episode spent more time with Plankton’s heist though, that would’ve been interesting, I think. But, I also like what we got here. It’s just not very funny. But it is enjoyable.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.7/10

Fiasco? more like this episode is a Fiasco!
(I will see myself out)
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  4. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  5. Mooncation (10/10)
  6. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  7. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  8. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  9. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  10. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  11. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  12. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  13. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  14. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  15. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  16. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  17. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  18. The Other Patty (6/10)
  19. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  20. Fiasco! (4/10)
  21. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  22. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  23. Bubble Buddy Returns (3/10)
  24. Restraining Spongebob (2/10)
  25. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  26. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  27. Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom (1/10)
  28. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  29. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)

Back