130a. Greasy Buffoons

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Greasy Buffoons (S7-E130-A)

I hate this greasy, ::dolphin noise::ty episode. Mr. Krabs and Plankton are unlikeable just for competition for money and popularity. SpongeBob driving a tanker? That's good but Aaron Springer forget that SB is a reckless driver in boating school.

Final Score = 2/10 :fail: :patboo:

I actually didn't mind this one. Sure, it's "gross". But it's gross in the same way The Battle of Bikini Bottom was gross, handling gross-out humor correctly. It's not the best Season 7 episode but if you can handle grease I'd recommend this one.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. Growth Spout (B)
3. Greasy Buffoons (B)
4. I Heart Dancing (B)
5. Tentacle-Vision (D)
6. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
7. Stuck in the Wringer (F)

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Liked that Plankton's Success was Directly caused by Krabs' Careless & Criminal Waste Dumping

and Seeing him succeed without needing to steal the formula(I wish MORE Episodes did this. . .)

coft

happy hopping moron
I’m gonna be honest. This episode had the best season 7 jokes.

Mr. Krabs: Squidward, what’s all the hubbalub?

Squidward: blinks

Mr. Krabs: SpongeBob, what’s all the hubbalub?

Mr. Krabs: Two employees who won’t get paid extra for this job.

Squidward: vanishes

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Coming up next, we’ve got “Greasy Buffoons”. This is an episode I remember not having strong opinions about, but still seeing pretty positively. I’d say that my current feelings are pretty consistent with this assessment. This episode does have one of my favorite jokes though, which I’ll get to later, so that’s a bonus.

The beginning of this episode is so very relatable to me, from both a customer and employee perspective. On one hand, I’m so bad at making quick decisions about my food lol (though I always go up to the register prepared so I don’t do what this customer is doing here). On the other hand, I know exactly what it’s like to help someone who’s being slow as H to make a decision. This part reminds me a lot of “Krusty Krab Training Video”. The way SpongeBob so seriously cooks the patty and fries here is also very fun, especially when it’s completely halted by SpongeBob slipping on the grease. And then I love how Mr. Krabs asks Squidward what’s going on, and Squidward doesn’t say anything, and Mr. Krabs is so used to this that he just goes straight to asking SpongeBob. It gives the air of familiarity between all of these characters, and I like that.

The reveal of this enormous grease trap very much makes me want to throw up. Not like actually, like this isn’t drawn gross or anything, and this isn’t a detractor to the episode at all, but like can you imagine seeing that much grease in one place…ewwwwww. This part is also where one of my favorite jokes comes in, when Squidward just fades out of existence when Mr. Krabs looks for someone to clean the grease trap. Like that’s just hilarious. And also insanely relatable because you will never catch me doing something like that for my boss, especially for no pay.

And then the episode takes a turn when SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs dump the grease behind the Chum Bucket, because I was not expecting Plankton to show up here. I’m not quite there yet, but I’m considering whether I should be concerned about Plankton showing up 3 episodes in a row. I don’t think it’s necessarily concerning as long as all 3 episodes aren’t Plankton Plots, and they aren’t. And I mean that goes for anything. Either vary the plot, vary the characters, or even better, both, and you’ll have no issues from me. Anyway, I think it’s funny that SpongeBob ended up driving the truck, because hello, he can’t drive. It’s funnier to imagine that SpongeBob can drive everything except a normal boat. I mean, the first movie supports me on that one, so I’m basically right.

From here, the episode becomes a little bit of a Chum Bucket business practices type of episode for a little bit, but not entirely since the focus is still Mr. Krabs. It’s a good way to make this episode stand out, I’d say. Also, I once again think Bikini Bottomites are idiots, because why are you guys buying grease to EAT?! That is disgusting. I mean they don’t know it’s grease, but they have to realize that right? Clearly not though, because the episode becomes a competition between Mr. Krabs and Plankton, where they increasingly try to get people to eat their greasy food. Ew…(I love how they use grease for a bubble transition though, that’s brilliant!)

At least SpongeBob’s speaking sense talking about the healthiness of this competition. Mr. Krabs has some good interactions with SpongeBob and Squidward as the episode progress too, and I love it. Y’all know I love that good dialogue humor. And I loved the whole “lying down” bit with Plankton. This episode just has really good humor overall.

Another thing I love about this episode is that SpongeBob has a backbone! A very welcome return of this. And I love how just like in “No Hat For Pat”, it’s triggered by Patrick being affected by Mr. Krabs’ actions. Of course, SpongeBob expressed his reservations beforehand, but it’s seeing Patrick that inspires him into action. That’s what we like to see! And just like in “Nasty Patty”, I love how seriously the health inspector is taken here. Yeah, get these people in line! Mr. Krabs and Plankton working together to silence SpongeBob is entertaining, and I love how it doesn’t even work in the end, so it doesn’t end up frustrating me. More of this please!

The episode then ends with SpongeBob fixing the problem for Mr. Krabs. From a story standpoint, it would’ve been better for Mr. Krabs and Plankton to both have to fix the problem, but I mean I’m happy with this too because SpongeBob is happy with it. And the episode ending with Patrick just trying to eat all the grease off SpongeBob is random, but I like it. Especially with Mr. Krabs’ unreadable reaction.

I quite enjoy “Greasy Buffoons”. Like the episode before it, it’s simply good and fun, and I just love that. I love speaking positively about this show, after all. This episode is even better than the last one too, as I have no problems with this episode at all. It’s hilarious from beginning to end, and continues to be very amusing and enjoyable throughout. All hallmarks of an “Amazing”-tier episode to me.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Coming up next, we’ve got “Greasy Buffoons”. This is an episode I remember not having strong opinions about, but still seeing pretty positively. I’d say that my current feelings are pretty consistent with this assessment. This episode does have one of my favorite jokes though, which I’ll get to later, so that’s a bonus.

The beginning of this episode is so very relatable to me, from both a customer and employee perspective. On one hand, I’m so bad at making quick decisions about my food lol (though I always go up to the register prepared so I don’t do what this customer is doing here). On the other hand, I know exactly what it’s like to help someone who’s being slow as H to make a decision. This part reminds me a lot of “Krusty Krab Training Video”. The way SpongeBob so seriously cooks the patty and fries here is also very fun, especially when it’s completely halted by SpongeBob slipping on the grease. And then I love how Mr. Krabs asks Squidward what’s going on, and Squidward doesn’t say anything, and Mr. Krabs is so used to this that he just goes straight to asking SpongeBob. It gives the air of familiarity between all of these characters, and I like that.

The reveal of this enormous grease trap very much makes me want to throw up. Not like actually, like this isn’t drawn gross or anything, and this isn’t a detractor to the episode at all, but like can you imagine seeing that much grease in one place…ewwwwww. This part is also where one of my favorite jokes comes in, when Squidward just fades out of existence when Mr. Krabs looks for someone to clean the grease trap. Like that’s just hilarious. And also insanely relatable because you will never catch me doing something like that for my boss, especially for no pay.

And then the episode takes a turn when SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs dump the grease behind the Chum Bucket, because I was not expecting Plankton to show up here. I’m not quite there yet, but I’m considering whether I should be concerned about Plankton showing up 3 episodes in a row. I don’t think it’s necessarily concerning as long as all 3 episodes aren’t Plankton Plots, and they aren’t. And I mean that goes for anything. Either vary the plot, vary the characters, or even better, both, and you’ll have no issues from me. Anyway, I think it’s funny that SpongeBob ended up driving the truck, because hello, he can’t drive. It’s funnier to imagine that SpongeBob can drive everything except a normal boat. I mean, the first movie supports me on that one, so I’m basically right.

From here, the episode becomes a little bit of a Chum Bucket business practices type of episode for a little bit, but not entirely since the focus is still Mr. Krabs. It’s a good way to make this episode stand out, I’d say. Also, I once again think Bikini Bottomites are idiots, because why are you guys buying grease to EAT?! That is disgusting. I mean they don’t know it’s grease, but they have to realize that right? Clearly not though, because the episode becomes a competition between Mr. Krabs and Plankton, where they increasingly try to get people to eat their greasy food. Ew…(I love how they use grease for a bubble transition though, that’s brilliant!)

At least SpongeBob’s speaking sense talking about the healthiness of this competition. Mr. Krabs has some good interactions with SpongeBob and Squidward as the episode progress too, and I love it. Y’all know I love that good dialogue humor. And I loved the whole “lying down” bit with Plankton. This episode just has really good humor overall.

Another thing I love about this episode is that SpongeBob has a backbone! A very welcome return of this. And I love how just like in “No Hat For Pat”, it’s triggered by Patrick being affected by Mr. Krabs’ actions. Of course, SpongeBob expressed his reservations beforehand, but it’s seeing Patrick that inspires him into action. That’s what we like to see! And just like in “Nasty Patty”, I love how seriously the health inspector is taken here. Yeah, get these people in line! Mr. Krabs and Plankton working together to silence SpongeBob is entertaining, and I love how it doesn’t even work in the end, so it doesn’t end up frustrating me. More of this please!

The episode then ends with SpongeBob fixing the problem for Mr. Krabs. From a story standpoint, it would’ve been better for Mr. Krabs and Plankton to both have to fix the problem, but I mean I’m happy with this too because SpongeBob is happy with it. And the episode ending with Patrick just trying to eat all the grease off SpongeBob is random, but I like it. Especially with Mr. Krabs’ unreadable reaction.

I quite enjoy “Greasy Buffoons”. Like the episode before it, it’s simply good and fun, and I just love that. I love speaking positively about this show, after all. This episode is even better than the last one too, as I have no problems with this episode at all. It’s hilarious from beginning to end, and continues to be very amusing and enjoyable throughout. All hallmarks of an “Amazing”-tier episode to me.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.4/10
it's 5 am and all i can read is the word fries, i'll just assume it was a good review as always lol

i'll read it again later

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
A perfectly average episode. I don't really have any problems watching it, but nothing really sticks out about it either. There's good ideas here, but it's just too basic for me to really care about it that much. That's not to say there aren't parts I genuinely enjoy about the episode, but they're pretty spotty and don't stick out too much like I said. For example, I like how things progress throughout the episode with everything getting more and greasy and the characters getting more disillusioned as time passes. I just wish that it was fleshed out a bit more, as everything progresses pretty linearly. The same thing applies with the comedy, with only small bits and pieces really being funny to me. I can see what they were going for with this one, I just think it needed more flavor.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. Growth Spout (7)
2. The Inside Job (6)
3. Greasy Buffoons (6)
4. I ♥ Dancing (6)
5. Tentacle-Vision (5)
6. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (4)
7. Stuck in the Wringer (1)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Not much to say here. Its a particularly pointless episode. I think its just decent and Good but close to being meh.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
The Inside Job (Great)
I ❤ Dancing (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy (Despicable)

Back