128b. Stuck in the Wringer

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
(welp time to post a review)
stuck in the wringer (spongebob) review
Well today it is time to review a very infamous episode so what are my thoughts
Well i think it starts out with a great beginning of spongebob enjoying a bath until he drops the soap but luckily has a spare but then spongebob slips into the wringer and patrick puts forever glue on it
What i like about this episode is seeing how the wringer affects spongebob i mean i may like him but seeing him in this situation is so enjoyable it is gotten so bad spongebob can’t even eat ice cream
And well i kinda think the scene with the background fish makes a bit of sense since they did not know the full story
And i really enjoyed the krusty krab scenes
But at the end patrick ends up going to spongebob’s pineapple a bit after spongebob chased off patrick
I also love the scene with patrick saying how much does the carnival come to town and then it reveals it is always open on a sign
And then it is time for the crying always solves your problems after all
I actually enjoyed it and i like how patrick said crying doesn’t solve your problems but it does for spongebob

Overall
Fantastic episode or 10/10

Pugs4Thugs

Gary the Snail Supremacist
Okay, time for my second worst episode of SpongeBob ever. Yes, this is even lower than One Coarse Meal, even if my overall season 7 score doesn't say that.

This episode is just horrible. Patrick is at one of his worst appearances here, about at the level of Yours Mine and Mine. The episode is annoying and frustrating because seeing SpongeBob tortured is not funny. The worst part about the episode is that it had potential. Get rid of Patrick completely and have SpongeBob be the cause of this problem. Also, have the problem be solved by something else other than tears because that was a stupid let down ending that tried to copy "Wet Painters" but failed.

But really, the episode just is not funny and isn't entertaining. It isn't exactly boring, since I'm forced to pay attention to SpongeBob's cries and the townspeoples' a-holeness, but it just isn't good. That's another thing, what was even going on with the townspeople? I know the writers were trying to make Patrick sympathetic, and I'd be okay with that if it wasn't for Patrick's annoying behavior and him being the cause of the problem in the first place.

Ugh, this episode is just so bad. 0.5/10

JoeyBoi

aw heck naw spunch bob took 40 benadryls
My least favorite episode of Spongebob, no doubt. It's downright insulting.
First off, it's a torture (character) episode, which automatically brings it down a couple hundred notches. But this episode takes it WAY too far, with Spongebob getting tortured to the point of being clinically depressed. And what does Patrick get for basically destroying Spongebob's life? Nothing. Not a thing. And they try and make Patrick the victim???? That's just completely backwards logic. That scene with Spongebob watching the TV was also really disturbing and uncomfortable. (they also make Patrick suddenly actually feel bad for Spongebob in this scene which just doesn't make any sense) And the ending was just so stupid. It feels so rushed. And the way Patrick says "should I get the glue?" at the end just tells me he learned absolutely nothing, which just makes the ending all the more unsatisfying.
I really hate this episode. I just felt awful watching it and there wasn't a single thing that made me laugh.
0/10

It was a tough choice between this one and One Coarse Meal, but this one just barely won out.

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

Gary the Snail Supremacist
Okay, time for my second worst episode of SpongeBob ever. Yes, this is even lower than One Coarse Meal, even if my overall season 7 score doesn't say that.
Now that it's been a while, I want to "revamp" my review of this episode. This is absolutely my least favorite episode of SpongeBob, ever. Yes, still lower than One Coarse Meal, Pet Sitter Pat, A Pal For Gary, Squid Baby, Ink Lemonade, all of them. This episode is downright insulting, and almost every character except SpongeBob are at their worst. Seeing SpongeBob get tortured is never funny, and it's definitely never funny when he is completely out of character (as in not happy) the entire episode. The townspeople in this episode get me so angry. Patrick in this episode is insufferable with his being a complete and utter idiot. I don't understand what the writers were even going for with him. Was he supposed to be seen as the victim? Because he was the cause of everything and a direct player in SpongeBob's torture!

This episode doesn't do everything the worst though. For example, I hate Patrick more in You Don't Know Sponge and in The Card than here. I hated the townspeople in Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy more than in this episode (though not by much). The reason this episode is the worst is because it combines multiple awful things (horrible Patrick, horrible townspeople, horrible torture of a character) and mixes it together in some amalgam of atrociousness.

I think another thing that makes this episode the worst is the SpongeBob torture. Now, hear me out. Squidward torture (of the likes of Boating Buddies) is bad. It isn't funny. But you can kind of understand where it's coming from. It isn't completely out of the blue. Additionally, it doesn't completely destroy Squidward's character. He's already a miserable grump, and getting tortured just turns that up. But when SpongeBob gets tortured, it's just wrong. He's an innocent, child-like character. Like who wants to see someone like that get tortured? It just leaves a sick taste in my mouth. And then the torture destroys his character in this episode. He gets irritated, which is rare for SpongeBob, and he gets depressed, also rare. Seeing the SpongeBob torture in this episode vs. Squidward torture in other episodes makes me realize how wrong it is to have SpongeBob be the butt of these jokes.

Lastly, as far as entertainment value in this episode goes, it's nonexistent. I can't think of one funny part of this episode, or even a moderately good portion. Usually I can find one good thing out of all the bad episodes (in A Pal For Gary, I like the Western Gary parts, for example), but in this episode there is absolutely nothing that I enjoy. I said in my original review that this episode had potential, but I'm not sure if I agree with that now. My idea was to have SpongeBob be the cause of his predicament. It would get rid of the torture aspect considerably, so that would improve the episode, but I can't say that this means that the original episode has potential at all. I think the idea for this episode should've been scrapped from the get-go and something else should've taken its place, because every story beat in this episode is garbage.

0.1/10, because I don't believe in saying absolute 0.

Bigsmoker

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I watched it again some days ago and I agree with the weak points people have mentioned here before. This episode is very bad. Spongebob is the only one who is good character in this episode. Patrick and the townspeople are very very annoying. Thing I love about this episde: When Patrick didn't manage to pretend he doesn't need Spongebob, Super Weenie Hut Jr's appeares again, the name of the episode(I don't know why but I like the name) and that's it. Because of these reasons I give it 1/10.