128a. Growth Spout

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
This episode was alright. Nothing entirely special and Mr. Krabs was so dang cheap even for his own daughter.... What a shame :unsure:

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This is a good episode in my opinion, the scene that made me laugh and I enjoyed was when Squidward forced Mr.Krabs to pull out his golden tooth and he actually had one and he pulled it out :P That actually made me laugh! I also liked the fact that he was WORRIED about Pearl's health! He was cheap (like always) but if you've seen a scene he looks worried about her (at the end) . I don't like that Mr.Krabs was invading people's houses at midnight like a burglar..he could just buy her something or do what they did at the end (that they made her a Krabby Patty) but he is so cheap :P it was funny actually , so I am going to rate this episode a 8/10 :)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
An underrated episode. It is funny and shows Mr. Krabs cares about her daughter. You guys do realize most stores are closed at night so he'd be stealing anyways. 8/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I underestimated how good this episode was up until now...this episode is DEFINITELY one of the funniest of the season, and that is definitely saying something. There were many funny jokes like the peanut worms, Krabs going into people's houses, "yummy stuff", and the golden tooth. That's not to say that this episode has flaws, however. First of all, this episode ruined the Kruff dynamic in a way that just annoyed me. Kruff is my favorite shipping of the show and watching these two interact in Growth Spout left me feeling ambivalent. Not sure whether to be angry or refreshed, I dunno. Of course Krabs is his normal cheapskate self in this episode, but it works since he is actually taking care of his daughter here, so that's something. Nonetheless, this is one of the least-bad season 7 episodes, despite the many flaws that it had. I give it an 8/10.

I liked this one. The plot is creative, it really shows Mr. Krabs' personality, and it's on the upper side of Season 7. I also find the chopped liver joke quite funny.

Ranking so far:
1. Growth Spout (B)
2. I Heart Dancing (B)
3. Tentacle-Vision (D)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A good episode about Mr. Krabs and Pearl. It had a lot of creative ideas in here, especially since it was Mr. Krabs focused. Not much to say about it, it was just a good episode. 7.4/10

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I like this episode. It's certainly not the best, even for season 7, but I thought that the story of Mr. Krabs using his skill to salvage food for his daughter was pretty cute, and I actually thought the object-related gags were well handled. Seriously, that chopped liver joke was truly funny, as well as Squidward's moai house saying "he needed to lose weight anyway". As for the characters, I really enjoyed Ms. Puff and the Police officers. Ms. Puff is able to provide some pretty decent action with her crowbar, and the police offers are able to provide some pretty decent comedy in terms of their obliviousness. I also enjoyed Mr. Krabs' role, because he genuinely cares about his daughter and will go to great lengths to make sure she gets the food she needs on her growth spurt. It makes Mr. Krabs come off as incredibly earnest and likeable, especially during a time period when money was basically his entire character.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Everyone sound the alarm, because I can’t believe it…we have an episode about Pearl! Well, kind of. It’s more about Mr. Krabs, but he’s doing everything in this episode for Pearl, so I’m counting it. Ugh, it has been too long. Also, before I even get into “Growth Spout”, gotta shout-out pamtri’s video that is partly about this episode. It’s very disturbing. Okay let’s do it.

The episode takes a second to get moving, but once Mr. Krabs goes over to Pearl’s room, things start getting entertaining real fast. Easily the biggest strength of this episode is that it balances Mr. Krabs being a good father with him being cheap extremely well. Like honestly this might be the best showing of these two things together…ever! I thought “Whale of a Birthday” was pretty good, so it could be on par with that. “Bossy Boots” didn’t have as much of a focus on the father-daughter relationship or even the cheapness. But here, both aspects of Mr. Krabs’ character are focused on, to the point where they both drive the humor and the plot. It’s amazing!

The plot of this episode is very enjoyable. Like I was saying, I love how it takes elements of Mr. Krabs being cheap and a good father with him stealing from everybody just to feed Pearl. I also love that Mrs. Puff appears in this episode, that’s an instant win right there. And I love how she’s ready to kick butt lol. Mr. Krabs sneaking around Squidward’s house is also pretty entertaining. Squidward keeps his house stocked, dang. Can my place be like that? And then we have Mr. Krabs’ final house call, where he turns up at SpongeBob’s place. I love how they don’t even mess around and SpongeBob just immediately turns the lights on. SpongeBob’s desire for a slumber party is super cute.

And then I love how Squidward just pulls up outta nowhere, somehow knowing that Mr. Krabs stole his food. That whole sequence was pretty entertaining. Mr. Krabs’ despair about not knowing how to feed Pearl is great, because once again he’s a good dad in this episode and I love to see it! And then I love how it’s SpongeBob who comes up with the obvious solution—Krabby Patties! And I love how the episode brings back Mr. Krabs’ cheap self by showing his hesitation towards doing so, which is likely why he didn’t think to go to the Krusty Krab first. It’s called good writing. Once we get to the Krusty Krab, I’m treated with a gorgeous, gorgeous background, so that’s an instant win. And I love the delightfully cheesy and wholesome reveal that SpongeBob simply made the patty with love.

This episode has also got some really great jokes and gags. Like the bit with the cracker and chopped liver was really funny. And then there’s so many great quips and throwaway lines from Mr. Krabs in this episode, like when he’s all dismayed about having paid $30 for the ruined bed. All of Patrick’s food being sand was also brilliant. The bit with the cops and Mrs. Puff was also a very unexpected example of awkward humor being done well. After the mess that was awkward humor in season 6, I needed that. Honestly I just love how incompetent these cops are lol, and I like how they appear more than once. Makes the episode feel more cohesive. When Squidward calls the cops on Mr. Krabs, it was hilarious how the threat of firing didn’t even faze him.

I really enjoyed “Growth Spout”. It was refreshing to not only see Pearl again, but to also see Mr. Krabs simply be a good dad to her. I feel like Mr. Krabs’ fatherly relationships with people have been put by the wayside as of late (I mean chronologically in my reviews, I know that stuff is back in the newer seasons). And I don’t just mean with Pearl, but with SpongeBob too. So this episode was a very welcome return to that. Additionally, the episode was just very entertaining and hilarious. I have no complaints at all. This episode continues season 7’s amazingly strong start. Like this is the strongest start to a season since season 4, maybe even season 2 if we want to measure by exact scores, not just tiers. Too bad the next episode ends this completely.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Hey, this one was a pleasant surprise for me. Surprisingly the plot of Mr. Krabs running around stealing stuff didn't really bug me, as they do a really good job justifying it, as Pearl gets more and more starved and grotesque throughout the episode. Could've gone without hearing her scream "MORE DADDY, MORE!!!" here though. What I like the most about this episode is that the plot is always on the move, and it has a nice balance of elements that keep it from getting stale. Throw some good jokes into the mix as well and you have yourself a solid package. I wish the resolution didn't feel so rushed though, and the whole thing that sets this whole thing into action being the threat of eating Mr. Krabs' money kinda rubs me the wrong way. Besides these minor nitpicks and a few drawn out scenes, I could definitely recommend this one. Man, season 7 seems to be off to a pretty decent start. Let's hope they can keep this streak going for a little while longer!

Good episode (7/10)

1. Growth Spout (7)

2. I ♥ Dancing (6)
3. Tentacle-Vision (5)

spunchbop

Imitation Krab
Wow, I hate this episode. Now don't get me wrong it's not the worst of the series or dare I say the worst of season 7. But this episode was a snooze fest. Nothing really happened and it was just Mr. Krabs stealing food but I'll give the episode some credit because Mrs Puff having peanut worms in her lawn was hilarious. I also liked the part where Pearl tries to eat Eugene's money. Now call me a baby because I called myself one too for this but I got kind of grossed out when Pearls gums got all big. Not in a funny way either, It was genuinely gross and caught me off guard on my first viewing of the episode

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Hey, this one was a pleasant surprise for me. Surprisingly the plot of Mr. Krabs running around stealing stuff didn't really bug me, as they do a really good job justifying it, as Pearl gets more and more starved and grotesque throughout the episode. Could've gone without hearing her scream "MORE DADDY, MORE!!!" here though. What I like the most about this episode is that the plot is always on the move, and it has a nice balance of elements that keep it from getting stale. Throw some good jokes into the mix as well and you have yourself a solid package. I wish the resolution didn't feel so rushed though, and the whole thing that sets this whole thing into action being the threat of eating Mr. Krabs' money kinda rubs me the wrong way. Besides these minor nitpicks and a few drawn out scenes, I could definitely recommend this one. Man, season 7 seems to be off to a pretty decent start. Let's hope they can keep this streak going for a little while longer!

Good episode (7/10)

1. Growth Spout (7)

2. I ♥ Dancing (6)
3. Tentacle-Vision (5)
Sadly the next two episodes are a dumpster fire Lol

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Please do not kill me for this but this is a guilty pleasure episode for me. Some visuals were gross some looked funny. But i am going to still say this is a guilty pleasure one for me.

Rating: Okay Episode

Rankings:
I ❤ Dancing (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)

Back