11a. MuscleBob BuffPants

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Not the most rewatchable and some dull moments but not bad. 6.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 1

Episode: MuscleBob BuffPants

This episode was very decent. The plot was okay. Spongebob was kinda out of character (being kinda rude to others and cheating), but he got punished in the ending. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Not memorable but I like it, some good jokes and a nice premise make a decent episode 8/10

Edit: I don't have much more to add but re-watching it this episode is actually funnier than I remembered and it handles the liar revel story much better than usual. (I hate that troupe but it's executed well here)

CyborgSea

Floating Shopping List
Honestly, this is one of the few episodes of the series I truly can't stomach. I have never seen past the halfway point of this episode, and I can't get myself to. You see, I have a weird mental aversion to certain plot elements or lines. One of them being characters about to be caught doing something they shouldn't. In this episode, SB lies about his muscle tone by wearing fake muscles. Around the halfway point, they start to fall off. This is supposed to be a gag, but I don't find it funny. Due to my weird quirks, I always stop watching right there, and I can't get myself to watch any more of the episode. As such, I can't properly rate it. :unsure:

SquiddlyPie

random gal
How were there some good funny moments??And I am asking someone that said, there were some funny parts....give examples because there was NOTHING funny about this episode IMO.........................And if you mean SpongeBob that couldn't hold a drink or the man counting the inches of anchors these WEREN'T funny AT ALL.........the first one was STUPID and DULL -_- The ending was pretty boring and the things I did like from this episode was the ''anchor match'' or whatever it was....But didn't really think it's bad, just a meh...not as fun as it's sister episode that it did contain lots of laughs..

shyboo

Baby Clam
Milkmaidman said:
I don't really like it. It's doesn't make much sense and it's 11 minutes of Spandy moments and SB's OOC arrogance.
actually it does make since you just have to know

if your talking about while spongebob can't lift the drink please listen to the FX that is played when the anchor arms almost fall off its the same fx when spongebob has his arms in his body

so his real arms was not in his body thus they was just rubber and he couldn't lift anything up

i am surprised you didn't know this considering at the end when the anchor arms deflate it shows spongebob popping out his real arms

also if your talking about while spongebobs body parts get bigger the anchor arms pretty much deflate air into one of spongebob's holes and it inflates one of his body parts

thourgh i think the comedy they was trying to go for was randomness and randomness is hard to do if you want anymore explinations ask me i seen this episode a lot and i know why most things happen
SquiddlyPie said:
How were there some good funny moments??And I am asking someone that said, there were some funny parts....give examples because there was NOTHING funny about this episode IMO.........................And if you mean SpongeBob that couldn't hold a drink or the man counting the inches of anchors these WEREN'T funny AT ALL.........the first one was STUPID and DULL -_- The ending was pretty boring and the things I did like from this episode was the ''anchor match'' or whatever it was....But didn't really think it's bad, just a meh...not as fun as it's sister episode that it did contain lots of laughs..
i think it depends on your taste of comedy some get a kick when spongebob tries to lift the anchor but a lot don't i personally agree i did not laugh at this episode either but i never really enjoyed the episode much

except when spongebob is lifting the anchor cause that was funny to me
CyborgSea said:
Honestly, this is one of the few episodes of the series I truly can't stomach. I have never seen past the halfway point of this episode, and I can't get myself to. You see, I have a weird mental aversion to certain plot elements or lines. One of them being characters about to be caught doing something they shouldn't. In this episode, SB lies about his muscle tone by wearing fake muscles. Around the halfway point, they start to fall off. This is supposed to be a gag, but I don't find it funny. Due to my weird quirks, I always stop watching right there, and I can't get myself to watch any more of the episode. As such, I can't properly rate it. :unsure:
i would recccomnd watching the rest of it even if it hurts you also i would liek to point out no one catches spongebob until the very end so i would reccomnd you take that into consideration and when i say end i mean very end as in last few seconds

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Sadly the weakest episode of the season but it's still good and has some funny jokes

Grade: B

Best Character: :sbx:

Best Line: This squirrel's trying to kill me!

Best Moment: The anchor toss scenes

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I guess this episode was okay. Or let's fairly decent. It felt kinda weak, but I kind of liked this episode more than other people do. I think the idea here is okay, but the way it's executed is just fair to me. Not many things were that interesting to me, but they weren't bad either. SpongeBob was okay as a character, but it just wasn't his best appearance in this episode at all. Sandy was okay as well, but she somehow impacted the episode slightly better. I liked the location that the episode took place in, as it really makes sense for an episode like this one. But, it's just fairly decent/okay to me. It felt kinda weak in execution, but it's just okay overall. Not that special, but quite memorable to watch.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
So underrated, This was one of my most watched episodes a long time ago and it sticks with me today, It has good gags, and a fun concept.

9.5/10

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
Fun Fact: This is the only episode that airs more than once a year.
You thought 2 scumbobs were bad well here's the third. This episode was BAD I mean 11 mins of Spandy I don't like it. This is it there's still one more scumbobs tho 6.5/10

I'm not thrilled with this episode honestly. It's an episode I could never get into. I like the premise, but the execution falls flat. I think this episode could have been better had they actually made SpongeBob strong with his new muscles.

Ranking so far:
1. Pickles (A+)
2. Pizza Delivery (A+)
3. F.U.N. (A)
4. Plankton! (A)
5. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
6. Sandy's Rocket (A)
7. Help Wanted (A)
8. Culture Shock (B)
9. Boating School (B)
10. Bubblestand (B)
11. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
12. Hall Monitor (B)
13. Jellyfishing (B)
14. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
15. Jellyfish Jam (C)
16. Tea at the Treedome (C)
17. Opposite Day (C)
18. Ripped Pants (C)
19. Reef Blower (C)
20. Nature Pants (C)
21. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
22. Squeaky Boots (D)

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Love this one, Ripped Pants is my favorite episode of the show so this episode being similar honestly is a-okay with me. I really like the humor of this episode, it's IMO one of the seasons funniest, jokes like the whole shark commercial, basically everything in the ripped Spongebob montage and the animation on the arms is really good, plus the whole part where he can't move with the juice I love that part. One weak part is the fart gag is really stupid IMO, I also like Ripped Pants and even Nature Pants both episodes I both very much love is that Spongebob learns and is punished, Ripped Pants he has everyone hating on him, here he is exposed and humiliated for lying to everyone and in Nature Pants he learns the hard way through pain, I like that about Season 1 where he learned a lot of the time from bad experiences. Also I love this episode's animation, Fools In April is an episode I complained where the visual gags are very poor IMO but this episode the faces and the actual gags are great.

1587569354153.jpgspongebob - MuscleBob BuffPantsspongebob - MuscleBob BuffPantsspongebob - MuscleBob BuffPantsspongebob - MuscleBob BuffPants

"And for the ladies, hairy" Is one of my favorite quotes from the whole show. Despite my absolute love for this one it doesn't surprise me that is one of the more disliked it is Ripped Pants again which although I don't mind I understand as an issue for some, also in Ireland I see this episode on at least once a week, which I don't mind because I love it but I do hear other people talking about it being overplayed and in Ireland we also have that issue. But the good far outweighs the bad for me even with the rehashed premise and some dumb unfunny jokes I love Musclebob Buffpants and always will, It's one of the season's funniest with some really bizarre yet hilarious animation.

11a Musclebob Buffpants Amazing 9/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I know a lot of people don't like this episode too much, but personally I thought this one was really good. There were a lot of great jokes, and I liked the plot of Spongebob trying to keep up this act to maintain his image; it was handled really well in my opinion. This is one of those episodes where everything just clicks for me, like Opposite Day. As such, it will receive the same rating ;)

Great Episode (9/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Pickles (9)
4. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
5. Help Wanted (9)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
7. Plankton! (8)
8. Sandy's Rocket (8)
9. F.U.N. (8)
10. Hall Monitor (8)
11. Ripped Pants (8)
12. Jellyfish Jam (7)
13. Tea at the Treedome (7)
14. Culture Shock (7)
15. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
16. Boating School (7)
17. Bubblestand (7)
18. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
19. Reef Blower (6)
20. Squeaky Boots (6)
21. Nature Pants (5)
22. Jellyfishing (5)

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
This episode can be thought of as a metaphor for present-day Nick

The whole thing involved SpongeBob trying to get "instant results" with his muscles only to realize there is no shortcut to success!

Nickelodeon is trying to cheat their way to instant results by greenlighting a bunch of new cartoons and magically hoping they become as popular as SpongeBob SquarePants without actually putting in the effort to make that happen

Back