119a. Gullible Pants

hfjs

Not the best episode. It could be honestly really stupid at times.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Dear writers, there is such thing as naivety and stupidity. Learn to tell the difference!
rage.gif

1/10 (the only thing that gave this episode a 1 was this little line: :krabsx: : All me secrets? (looks at fingernails (don't ask)) Hehe! Well what would you like me to do, captain manager Spongebob?)

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
GordoktheMad said:
Dear writers, there is such thing as naivety and stupidity. Learn to tell the difference!
rage.gif
This can be applied to so many post-movie episodes.

Gullible Pants is on the iffy side of okay in my books. It has a couple of funny bits but as a whole it's a bit of a hot mess. Plus, it has an innocent character (Mr. Krabs) being punished for the actions of another character (Squidward), which always lowers my opinion of an episode.

Funny how the writers seem so fond of torturing Squidward when he hasn't done anything wrong, but in this episode he actually does do something wrong and they let him off the hook. @_@

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
HarryPotterLives said:
This can be applied to so many post-movie episodes.

Gullible Pants is on the iffy side of okay in my books. It has a couple of funny bits but as a whole it's a bit of a hot mess. Plus, it has an innocent character (Mr. Krabs) being punished for the actions of another character (Squidward), which always lowers my opinion of an episode.

Funny how the writers seem so fond of torturing Squidward when he hasn't done anything wrong, but in this episode he actually does do something wrong and they let him off the hook. @_@
Interesting point you have here. It seems as if the people who are innocent get punished for no reason, yet the people who actually DO do the wrong are some kind of Karma Houdini; get off Scot free. :bullshrimp:

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
GordoktheMad said:
Interesting point you have here. It seems as if the people who are innocent get punished for no reason, yet the people who actually DO do the wrong are some kind of Karma Houdini; get off Scot free. :bullshrimp:
That's the problem I have with a lot of post-movie episodes. Characters who haven't done anything wrong are punished in place of the characters who actually did do something wrong.

In fact, a lot of comedies these days seem fond of doing this. I don't get it. Is it supposed to be funny? Because I don't think it is!

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
HarryPotterLives said:
That's the problem I have with a lot of post-movie episodes. Characters who haven't done anything wrong are punished in place of the characters who actually did do something wrong.

In fact, a lot of comedies these days seem fond of doing this. I don't get it. Is it supposed to be funny? Because I don't think it is!
I don't know why comedies do this nowadays. Are the creators 5 year olds who will laugh at just about ANYTHING? Come on!

I love this episode I think it is so funny and I love how SpongeBob got that guy cooking Krabby Patties

HarryPotterLives said:

Oh god, this is so true. And not just with post-movie SB either, but many shows. For some reason, teasing the "odd" character is now okay. @_@

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
E.V.I.L said:
Oh god, this is so true. And not just with post-movie SB either, but many shows. For some reason, teasing the "odd" character is now okay. @_@
Yeah, comedies in general are getting more and more mean-spirited. It's annoying.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Boring remake of "Squid's Day Off." Eh, nothing really to talk about here. SpongeBob creeping out the customers at the end just didn't sit right with me. Could have lived without seeing this one. 4/10

Getting close to being done with watching Season 6. I have about 4-5 more episodes to watch. This season has been a mixed bag and also inconsistent. Sure, there are some episodes worth watching (I'm going to roughly estimate about a little over half of them with a couple of standout gems in that bunch) but there are plenty of times where the episodes are either really dull and bland like this one, mediocre or just plain bad. "Dear Vikings" and "Boating Buddies" are my absolute least favorites from this season. I can see why it's been called the worst season of SpongeBob ever though it sounds like Season 7 has a run for its money with its infamous episodes.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Well this is one of the better season 6 episodes in my opinion.
Nothing awful like most of the episodes in this season and it had a few laughs and a decent story.

after season 4 - 6.5/10

I rank the show on a different scale after season 4

Supmandude

Squog
Really great episode with an awesome plot, great gags, hilarious faces, and a funny payoff. 11/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was atrocious! This episode was the writers' poor attempt at redoing "Squid's Day Off", but Mr. Krabs put SpongeBob in charge this time, so it's reversed. It could have worked, but failed miserably in terms of humor. Squidward, however, for one of the few times, was my main problem with this episode. He kept on telling SpongeBob fake Krusty Krabs "secrets" to scare away the customers! I was so mad, I wanted to knock the ink out of Squidward! And, SpongeBob was a complete moron that ACTUALLY believed those so-called "secrets". It wasn't funny at all. And, there was over-the-top gross out humor, too. For example, SpongeBob, following Squidward's fake advice, took off his sock, and served customers with his feet? WHAT?!? I know SpongeBob is a tad dumb at times, but is that seriously for real? And, SpongeBOb dumping trash on the tables was just as gross. What's worse? Squidward got off Scot-free! Mr. Krabs didn't even punish him for lying to SpongeBob about the Krusty Krab "secrets" and is left washing dishes? THAT'S HOW YOU'RE ENDING THE EPISODE?! I'm done. This episode sucks, period. It's gross, has no purpose at all, is mean-spirited, and boring. Plus it proves why the writers need to stop with the Krusty Krab episodes for a while. Don't watch this episode... EVER. 0/10 One of the worst SpongeBob episodes in history.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I bet the writers were like: "Let's rip-off Squid's Day Off and Born Again Krabs, but make the plot stupider and less funny and add some Squidward Torture, then it will be the perfect post-movie episode!"

Back