08b. Squeaky Boots

Rex

Floating Shopping List
One of those love it or hate it episodes as you may see people call it a 10/10 and Top 10 material or a 2/10. Personally I love this episode, I think it all has to do with the fact I don't find the squeaking annoying. Episodes like Fools In April do not work well with using annoying sounds to be funny. This episode is hilarious, one of the funniest in the show. Mr Krabs is extremely comical and the animation in this episode asides being reused once or twice is fanominal. I also like the story and of course the reference to Edgar Allan Poe. This episode for me is a classic and I often go back whether it's a 10/10 or a 9/10. For now it's a 9/10 but that may change

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Not a big fan of this one. Like many others have mentioned, the squeaking does get really annoying after a little bit, which is really my main problem with the episode as a whole. Other than that, the episode is... alright. There's some okay comedy and the plot was somewhat interesting, despite being pretty dry at times. I don't completely hate this one, but you won't see me going out of my way to watch it again, especially with the squeaking.

Decent episode (6/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Plankton! (9)
3. Help Wanted (9)
4. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
5. Pickles (8)
6. Sandy's Rocket (8)
7. Hall Monitor (8)
8. Ripped Pants (8)
9. Jellyfish Jam (7)
10. Tea at the Treedome (7)
11. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
12. Boating School (7)
13. Bubblestand (7)
14. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
15. Reef Blower (6)
16. Squeaky Boots (6)
17. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
3.5/10

I'm not really one of those people who absolutely hate this episode, but I do not like this episode. The squeaking dragged on for too long, Mr. Krabs going insane was absolutely creepy (gave me nightmares), and had no humor in it. However, I will say Pearl's introduction wasn't too bad. It does give us some things about Pearl, I mean sure she could be introduced better, but I'm cool with it.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I personally find the episode to be very fun and funny...

Sure its annoying but the jokes were great and plus the window scene was hilarious...

Its so underhated

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Sure this one gets annoying on occasion but this is one of my personal episodes on season 1. The jokes were very funny also i think the annoyingness is the highlight here!

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I don't think that I have as much love for this episode that many people do. While it's definitely much better cringe comedy than the one shown in The Splinter or A Day Without Tears, the squeaking gets really grating really fast. Also, the episode is pretty low on jokes for me. It's still a pretty good episode imo, because the sounds never get too bad, and it actually has a somewhat unique story that still holds up even now. 7/10.
Next up, I'm going to expand on this old review. I feel somewhat similarly to my 2018 self, actually.

"Squeaky Boots" is a funny episode, but unfortunately those squeaks do get annoying very quickly, like they do for Mr. Krabs and Squidward. Other than that though, the episode is great! Hard to believe this is the first appearance of Pearl, but yep, it is! And we get to see just how far Mr. Krabs' penny-pinching methods go, so this episode is good for establishing characterization, as is the common story for season 1 episodes. Seeing SpongeBob with his boots is absolutely adorable, which does save part of the annoyingness.

I also really adore the atmosphere of this episode. Being a partial retelling of the Tell-Tale Heart at the end, it's got some ~spooky~ vibes to match with the scene of Mr. Krabs and the window. And then of course we have the absolute craziness of the ending, which I always find myself laughing at.

All and all, this really is a great episode, but the squeaking is simply too annoying, which forces me to bump it down to my "Good" tier. I'm scoring it a bit higher than my 2018 self though, because I can see the redeeming qualities of this episode more clearly now.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.5/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, I'm going to expand on this old review. I feel somewhat similarly to my 2018 self, actually.

"Squeaky Boots" is a funny episode, but unfortunately those squeaks do get annoying very quickly, like they do for Mr. Krabs and Squidward. Other than that though, the episode is great! Hard to believe this is the first appearance of Pearl, but yep, it is! And we get to see just how far Mr. Krabs' penny-pinching methods go, so this episode is good for establishing characterization, as is the common story for season 1 episodes. Seeing SpongeBob with his boots is absolutely adorable, which does save part of the annoyingness.

I also really adore the atmosphere of this episode. Being a partial retelling of the Tell-Tale Heart at the end, it's got some ~spooky~ vibes to match with the scene of Mr. Krabs and the window. And then of course we have the absolute craziness of the ending, which I always find myself laughing at.

All and all, this really is a great episode, but the squeaking is simply too annoying, which forces me to bump it down to my "Good" tier. I'm scoring it a bit higher than my 2018 self though, because I can see the redeeming qualities of this episode more clearly now.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.5/10
i think i'd rank it a bit lower, maybe a 7, but i do agree with everything you said here. SpongeBob looked so adorable in season 1

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This is a episode you really like from season 1 and think its one of the best season 1 episodes or you hate it thinking its the worst pre movie episode I think its pretty good I give it a 8.5/10

Back