087b. Breath of Fresh Squidward

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Finally! Squidward becomes nicer for the first time! Of course, I became upset when he stole SpongeBob's thunder, and SpongeBob was a jerk when he took out his anger on poor Squidward. :( But, at least he apologized! :) The ending has to be one of the most funniest moments!

A little predictable, and not too great, but I'll take it over most of the other episodes in Season 5.

6|10 Overall

better than a lot of season 5, but that's not saying much because few season 5 episodes do I actually really like

hfjs

Haven't seen it in a long time, but from what I remember, it was decent.

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
I like how Squidward becomes nicer but I was sad for SB for not getting his employee of the month and I did not like how SB was acting rude towards Squidward at the end but it had great humor and it was a very unique plot!

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I really liked this one. It's not perfect, but I liked the plot and the idea of SpongeBob and Squidward switching roles (although I think this was pulled off better in Can You Spare a Dime?). The ending is hilarious.

Growlie

Best Boy
I loved this episode, although I think It would've been funnier if Squilliam was also in the plot. Because, If Squidward is nice, then where's the rivalery? That would've been alot funnier and maybe have Squidward's happier side last...just abit longer in my book.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I liked it :D especially the ending :P

But before this episode was announced, I did think of an idea for an episode where Squidward became friendly after an accident o_O

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Growlie said:
I loved this episode, although I think It would've been funnier if Squilliam was also in the plot. Because, If Squidward is nice, then where's the rivalery? That would've been alot funnier and maybe have Squidward's happier side last...just abit longer in my book.
Yeah, it would have been cool if Squilliam had at least made a cameo.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Growlie said:
Because Squidward would think they were friends and be super clingy.
Yeah, the interaction could have been really funny. Kind of a wasted opportunity, but oh well.

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
i hate this episode.

squidward is happy
AND HES THE ANTAGONIST

spongebob is who were supposed to feel sorry for
no, hes being a brat

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is one of those episodes where I WANTED to like it, but because of its really poor execution, I just can't. This episode could've actually been decent, if it weren't for the beginning. Spongebob and Patrick break into Squidward's house and watch him sleep, and when discovered, it is revealed that they have been doing so for a very long time. Why the beginning ruins the episode is that, from this point on, you're supposed to feel bad for Spongebob, even though he's getting a taste of his own medicine. Also, the universe just happens to be against Spongebob in this episode only to shoehorn along this really stupid plot, and to try to make you feel even worse for him. Spongebob is extremely unlikeable in this episode, and the beginning is terrible. My final ranking is 1/10.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Entriol said:
This is one of those episodes where I WANTED to like it, but because of its really poor execution, I just can't. This episode could've actually been decent, if it weren't for the beginning. Spongebob and Patrick break into Squidward's house and watch him sleep, and when discovered, it is revealed that they have been doing so for a very long time. Why the beginning ruins the episode is that, from this point on, you're supposed to feel bad for Spongebob, even though he's getting a taste of his own medicine. Also, the universe just happens to be against Spongebob in this episode only to shoehorn along this really stupid plot, and to try to make you feel even worse for him. Spongebob is extremely unlikeable in this episode, and the beginning is terrible. My final ranking is 1/10.
I think a 1/10 is a bit much though but okay. Usually when I think of a really really bad episode, it's something like "To Love a Patty", "Shuffleboarding", "A Pal for Gary", and "Boating Buddies." Interesting points.

Growlie

Best Boy
After Mr.Enter's review of this episode, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about loving this episode.
Parts of this I still like but I can't really call It my favorite now. They could've gone in a different direction with
this but....It was wasted. But I may come up with a short for this anyway, Breath Of Fresh Squidward 2!
Coming Soon!

When Squidward is electrocuted by Squilliam's electric fence, he turns into the sweetest, happiest guy in Bikini Bottom.
And becomes annoying to after he thinks Squilliam is his best friend! Coming to Growlie's Deviantart soon.................

Maybe Squilliam needs a Squilliam of his own don't ya think?

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I have some updated thoughts on this episode.

Here it goes.

Alright so even though I think the beginning of this episode was pretty flawed they way they went about it, like I could see why people could be bothered by that particular scene, I just decided to assume that it was pretty exaggerated and meant for comedic effect. Not saying it's necessarily a great way to start out an episode but I seriously think that part kinda holds this episode back a bit from being one of my top favorites in Season 5 but besides that, even in that part, there were some parts that I still laughed at and I think the episode really takes off after Squidward gets electrocuted and tries to pretty much out SpongeBob SpongeBob. For me it was pretty entertaining enough for me to sit through the entire episode without getting bored or anything which is a major problem for a lot of bad SpongeBob episodes where basically not much of anything actually happens or the plot takes forever to go from Point A to Point B.

For some reason, it was really rewarding for me to see that for a change and to really let SpongeBob know just how annoying he can possibly be to other people and I just let the episode take me on this ride to ultimately where the big payoff is when SpongeBob gets so angry and annoyed by just how annoying Squidward can be and they even snuck in some allusions to "Employee of the Month" and "Opposite Day" here and there. Overall, I think I'd scale my rating for this episode just a little bit back to like a 7 or a 7.5 (meaning it would be more on the level of "To Save a Squirrel" in terms of how I liked that episode, see my review for that) but I still can't help but really like it in many aspects and it's just not an episode that's really made me mad or anything like with other people lately. Maybe it's just different preferences with me but I just can't really picture this being one of the absolute worst episodes of the series even with its flaws and even with certain people on YouTube voicing their dislike for this. I'm going to stay with what I honestly think about this episode and I hope people can understand where I'm coming from and not get mad that I still happen to find this episode pretty funny, especially for a Season 5 episode.

Back