083b. Waiting

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode in one word is BORING! There were only a few funny jokes,like the cake joke. I would best describe this episode as standing and waiting somewhere for 7 minutes of your life. The first 2 minutes were decent, but after that, it started to become both boring and annoying. And even worse, we get at least 1 whole minute of Spongebob and Patrick rolling around crying, which is irritating and grating. The ending was also VERY predictable and cliched (Squidward fixing the toy). At least it was only 7 minutes, which is why I let it off the hook and not put it as an awful episode, but it is a bad episode. It is one of the worst of season 5, because it had very little plot and it was rather unfunny. At least it's not Fungus Among Us, because I HATED THAT EPISODE. The we're waiting scene, the design of the toy, and the cake scene were all saving graces, because at least they were pretty good. I kinda liked how it was an adaption of the Spongebob book, Special Delivery, but the book was way better.

3.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Not a boring episode for me! I really liked it...I did laugh in this episode ...It was fun for me to watch and I found the ending a little bit funny too ; ''How can we thank you??'' , ''Move to another neighbourhood'' . Also, that episode included Squidward without a torture, wow :P , I don't find anything bad for this episode...for me an 8/10 :)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A very boring and tedious episode, and it is only 7 minutes! A couple bits of good visual humor but... it still sucks.

3.5/10

This episode, I just found... bad. I did not like it. Everything felt like filler. It was lazy in writing and at times, a little depressing: SpongeBob's meltdown. The ending was a bit of a relief. But, I really just do not enjoy this episode. 3/10

This episode is irritating. SpongeBob is, as the name implies, waiting for a toy in mail, but he's a jerk to Patrick and he also cries obnoxiously when his toy gets "broken". But it turns out that the toy was just doing what it was supposed to do. It's also boring, and has little to no jokes. A few funny jokes could have saved it, but as of now, it's an E.

Highlight: The premise.

Ranking so far
1. Rise and Shine
2. Waiting

Also, unpopular opinion, but I actually think this episode is worse than Fungus Among Us, which I consider just okay.

JoeyBoi

šŸ¦
I liked pretty much nothing about this episode. Spongebob is very annoying and jerkish, not to mention childish. They also did the bare minimum with the concept of Spongebob waiting for a package in the mail. There was so many opportunities they had to do something more with this, but it just felt like filler all the way through. I will say this episode isn't abysmally bad or anything, but it's still pretty freaking bad.

Bad episode (3/10)

1. Friend or Foe (8)
2. Night Light (5)
3. Rise and Shine (5)
4. The Original Fry Cook (5)
5. Waiting (3)

Bigsmoker

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I rewatched it today. This episode is surely bad, but better than I remembered it. Spongebob is very annoying and stupid, but there are also 2 funny moments: when Patrick eats Spongebob's cake and gives him his present and when Squidward arrives his house and ignored Spongebob and Patrick. I give it 4/10

MightyMario

Letā€™s a go!
This is the worst episode of SpongeBob, hands down.

SpongeBob and Patrick act like freaking babies, and SpongeBob is suddenly mean to his friends because heā€™s waiting for his package.

Squidward1999

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Honestly, if I had to say a say in the episode, I think it's alright if you know what the writers were going for.

I think that Spongebob was written in to be impatient while waiting for his toy and won't leave his post until he gets it.

Honestly I hope you get what I'm trying to say but even then compared to other episodes from Seasons 6 through 8, it's tame.

5.5/10: Okay/Average