184b. Evil Spatula

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Upon watching this episode again I didn't really like it. It wasn't bad, as such, and there were a few memorable moments, but mostly I just found it uninteresting. Tolerable but not an episode I particularly want to watch again. It did have a decent ending, bar the slightly awkward comments from SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs after the explosion.

The main problem was that it felt too juvenile, even for a SpongeBob episode (SpongeBob is, after all, a kids' show). I'm not sure why. I think it was the spatula's voice; I wouldn't have minded so much if they just used Plankton's regular voice pitch, although I guess that wouldn't have made sense because SpongeBob would be able to tell it was Plankton controlling the spatula.

Cha

I love SBM
I thought the episode was pretty good it kept me interested. But I do
feel like it wasn't that funny as Dylan said earlier. I thought it was a
good idea having Plankton voice the spatula rather it just randomly be
alive itself. Of course the ending was predictable, but what else would
you expect in a Plankton episode? From what I remember from watching it
last night it was good, not one of my favorites but still fine.

6.5/10

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I thought it was really good. :) Plankton's plan was actually well thought-out, and the humour was brilliant in it too. It did feel a bit like "All That Glitters', and I'm a bit surprised SpongeBob wasn't too upset about his spatula breaking.

DadMom AngryPants said:
I think it was the spatula's voice; I wouldn't have minded so much if they just used Plankton's regular voice pitch, although I guess that wouldn't have made sense because SpongeBob would be able to tell it was Plankton controlling the spatula.
Considering SpongeBob wasn't able to tell between the real Mr. Krabs and a robot in "Imitation Krabs" (despite the robot's voice sounding nothing like Mr. Krabs), I think Plankton would be able to get away with using his regular voice. (Though of course, there's the fact that Mr. Krabs would know it's Plankton)

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I actually like Little Yellow Book a bit more than this one I think
The spatula breaking plot already being done before made it worse for me
The episode wasn't bad though.. a few funny parts... Plankton's spatula collection was pretty awesome
I'd give it a 7/10

Edit: Best part...
0s5DqkP.gif

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
This episode was boring. Just another stupid "Plankton-plotting-to-get-the-secret-formula-and-failing" episodes. It wasn't really bad, per se, as it didn't make me want to change the channel, but it was nothing special. It just didn't hold my interest.

That, coupled with the fact that it was just a better version of "All That Glitters" just makes this episode not noteworthy in my eyes.

hfjs

This was an OK episode. It had an interesting plot, and a few funny jokes.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I have to say with this episode, I was pleasantly surprised by how funny it was. It wasn't ROTFLOL hilarious (except for maybe the nitroglycerin scene), but it had a lot of great gags. Sadly, I didn't get to see the ending because of some random power outage that happened recently.

Of course, a few cons would be that it's yet another Plankton-steals-the-formula episode (although the plan in this one is pretty well thought out) and that it seems like a rehash of All That Glitters, plot-wise.

If this is going to be par for the course in Season 9, though, I definitely won't mind.

Final score: 8/10.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
E.V.I.L said:
I AM NOT A SPATULA :bullshrimp:
That made me laugh a little harder than it should've! :lol:

And I thought the episode was amusing. The jokes were, well, okay (6/10), but the story itself was actually creative! It may have been another "Plankton tries to get the formula but fails" episode, but it was actually one of the better ones! It doesn't beat Jailbreak (which, IMO, was a little more intriguing), but it's still a great episode. ;)

8/10

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is my favorite Season 9 episode. It has great humor and it's 100,000,000 times better than All that Glitters. I actually like to see this episode as the writers apology for that episode. 10/10

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Yeah this episode was basically a Plankton version of "All That Glitters" an episode I'm already not fond of. This one was pretty much just a bore and a retread, it was not awful or anything though but it also wasn't very funny either.

5/10

Homie

get outer my space!
Nygaard said:
Yeah this episode was basically a Plankton version of "All That Glitters" an episode I'm already not fond of. This one was pretty much just a bore and a retread, it was not awful or anything though but it also wasn't very funny either.

5/10
I know I'm supposed to respect others opinions but...

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Oh no someone doesn't like an episode you like :(

Homie

get outer my space!
Nygaard said:
Oh no someone doesn't like an episode you like :(
Well, you tend to give negative reception to each Spongebob episode you review, so that's bound to happen.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I thought it was a weak episode, I think most of this season is pretty decent for modern Spongebob at least.

Back