[CLOSED] Suggest an Episode and I'll Give My Opinion on it!

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
[UPDATE: I'm no longer accepting new requests on this thread. I'll finish the ones I have left.]

Here's a weird, interesting challenge sort of thing I thought of: Tell me an episode of a show to watch and I'll give my opinion on it. You can suggest a good or bad episode. Don't suggest episodes over 30 minutes. No double length episodes etc. Also, if I already saw it, I might be able to give my opinion right away.

Note that I might not give my opinion on something you suggest. It depends on different factors (if I don't have access to the episode to watch it, if I don't end up getting around to watching it, etc. It could also take a while for me to get around to watching it.)

Last edited:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Krusty koncessionaires
Sorry I'm late. I don't have a way of watching the full episode, but I found clips online that showed huge chunks of the episode. So I watched a lot of the episode. Sorry I can't give a proper opinion, I guess this is better than nothing though.

From what I saw of Krusty Koncessionaires, I thought it was pretty good. It has a fun premise and is pretty funny. Watching the Krusty Crew trying to sell Patties to the concert attendees is entertaining. I liked the joke "Who eats yogurt at a rock concert?" A fish yelling, "Squidward's got a clarinet! Run!" was also hilarious. The animation in the episode was nice and colorful as well, though I don't like the animation of the newer episodes quite as much as the older episodes. But the animation is still good.

A rock concert is an interesting setting for an episode. A weird, funny little thing I noticed is that in one part of the episode, a tough member of the Salty Spitoon gets beat up by a group of normal fish at the concert. I guess he was outnumbered though. Another interesting thing about this episode is it seems to be a 14 minute episode instead of the usual 11. It's funny that some 22 minute specials are actually around 15 minutes if their Patchy segments are removed, so this episode isn't too much shorter than that.

I like that Squidward has a happy ending in this episode. I thought it was funny how he died happy, but Mr. Krabs didn't let him since he had to work. Even after that, he was still happy, which I liked. I'm glad it wasn't ruined for him.

Overall, from what I've seen, the episode is good. It's pretty funny and entertaining. It was better than I thought it would be. After I watched this, I may actually want to watch more of the newer Spongebob episodes. I haven't been keeping up with the show in the past couple of years.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Truth or Square
Sorry I'm late.

Truth or Square is over 30 minutes, and I did say nothing over 30 minutes. But I'll let it slide because I already saw the episode before. And without the live-action Patchy scenes, the actual episode may be around 30 minutes anyways lol. I haven't seen the extended version of Truth or Square with the added Patchy celeb segments. The celeb segments that were included in the regular version I thought were funny. Like Patchy not knowing who Tom Kenny is.

Overall, I like Truth or Square quite a bit. But I do think that Big Birthday Blowout does a better job celebrating a Spongebob anniversary. Truth or Square does celebrate the anniversary in a pretty strange way, through the Spongebob gang being trapped in the vents of the Krusty Krab and a fake clip show and cutaways.

I think the jokes are still funny. I think a lot of the cutaways/clips are pretty interesting and creative in their style/premise. I like the premise of the characters being trapped in the ventilation system too.

I think this special's structure is somewhat messy and doesn't have the clearest focus, but I still find it entertaining and somewhat creative. This special is hated by many, but I like it even with its flaws.

Yoshi

Giant Clam
Sorry I'm late.

Truth or Square is over 30 minutes, and I did say nothing over 30 minutes. But I'll let it slide because I already saw the episode before. And without the live-action Patchy scenes, the actual episode may be around 30 minutes anyways lol. I haven't seen the extended version of Truth or Square with the added Patchy celeb segments. The celeb segments that were included in the regular version I thought were funny. Like Patchy not knowing who Tom Kenny is.

Overall, I like Truth or Square quite a bit. But I do think that Big Birthday Blowout does a better job celebrating a Spongebob anniversary. Truth or Square does celebrate the anniversary in a pretty strange way, through the Spongebob gang being trapped in the vents of the Krusty Krab and a fake clip show and cutaways.

I think the jokes are still funny. I think a lot of the cutaways/clips are pretty interesting and creative in their style/premise. I like the premise of the characters being trapped in the ventilation system too.

I think this special's structure is somewhat messy and doesn't have the clearest focus, but I still find it entertaining and somewhat creative. This special is hated by many, but I like it even with its flaws.
I forgot about that rule. Sorry. Maybe you could review "Reef Blower" after you review "SB-129"

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Krusty Dogs
I think it's a hilarious, but somewhat inappropriate episode. It's funny how many times the characters in the episode say the word wiener. And then there's a few other lines that make you wonder how the writers got away with putting them in. It reminds of a Ren and Stimpy episode called Rubber Nipple Salesmen, and that episode is funny because the word nipple keeps being said, and all the other crazy dialogue and events in that episode are hilarious as well. Krusty Dogs isn't as crazy as that episode though. I like the simplicity of Krusty Dogs' story too: hot dogs take over Krabby Patties and Spongebob tries to bring patties back. I believe the writers wrote this episode knowing that most people would be reminded of inappropriate stuff when watching, and I think that's pretty funny and interesting. At the same time, if that is what they were going for, then the episode is kind of low-brow I guess. Still funny though.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I forgot about that rule. Sorry. Maybe you could review "Reef Blower" after you review "SB-129"
No worries. I'm reviewing these out of order, so I'll review Reef Blower now. I think Reef Blower is an amusing short. Interesting visual events and humor. I've always liked the part where Spongebob sucks in the entire ocean's water with his reef blower. And some people complained about that happening in "A Flea in her Dome" lol. I like that this short does something different in that it's one of the few silent episodes in the series. Interesting that Season 1 had a short before Season 5 started doing it. This short was made because the pilot episode wasn't 11 minutes, so something else was needed to fill the gaps. They could have made Tea in the Treedome slightly longer though, I've seen other shows do that. Overall, I think this is an amusing, unique short. But not the most memorable episode of the show understandably.

Yoshi

Giant Clam
No worries. I'm reviewing these out of order, so I'll review Reef Blower now. I think Reef Blower is an amusing short. Interesting visual events and humor. I've always liked the part where Spongebob sucks in the entire ocean's water with his reef blower. And some people complained about that happening in "A Flea in her Dome" lol. I like that this short does something different in that it's one of the few silent episodes in the series. Interesting that Season 1 had a short before Season 5 started doing it. This short was made because the pilot episode wasn't 11 minutes, so something else was needed to fill the gaps. They could have made Tea in the Treedome slightly longer though, I've seen other shows do that. Overall, I think this is an amusing, unique short. But not the most memorable episode of the show understandably.
You should review Clams now.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
A classic SB episode. It has a lot of classic and memorable lines/moments. Like the opera, the Coral Blue lipstick, and Krabs's millionth dollar. (I always found it interesting that it is the millionth dollar Krabs ever made total apparently. I could see some people getting confused thinking he now has a million dollars.) I like the change of setting in that the episode takes place on a fishing boat. I like the unique setting. The parody of Jaws in the title card and title itself is nice too. Overall, a classic, memorable, and hilarious episode of Spongebob.

Yoshi

Giant Clam
A classic SB episode. It has a lot of classic and memorable lines/moments. Like the opera, the Coral Blue lipstick, and Krabs's millionth dollar. (I always found it interesting that it is the millionth dollar Krabs ever made total apparently. I could see some people getting confused thinking he now has a million dollars.) I like the change of setting in that the episode takes place on a fishing boat. I like the unique setting. The parody of Jaws in the title card and title itself is nice too. Overall, a classic, memorable, and hilarious episode of Spongebob.
I agree, that it's good, but it's the worst of the good episodes because of Mr. Krabs's portyal. The fact that they have a fridge makes a sandwich a bad prize for getting his millionth dollar. What's his response? Throwing the fridge in the water.

Even worse, he used them as bait.

I just made myself hate the episode lol. Now my least favorite good episode is Party Pooper Pants.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I agree, that it's good, but it's the worst of the good episodes because of Mr. Krabs's portyal. The fact that they have a fridge makes a sandwich a bad prize for getting his millionth dollar. What's his response? Throwing the fridge in the water.

Even worse, he used them as bait.

I just made myself hate the episode lol. Now my least favorite good episode is Party Pooper Pants.
Yeah, I can understand that. I didn't think of Krab's portrayal. I guess I'm used to Krabs being a jerk, but yeah he did some bad things in the episode. Especially using them as bait. Lol yeah Party Pooper Pants is odd and definitely has some problems.

Back