• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 21 16.7%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
What do you guys think of this weird bold-lined art style used in certain season 2/3 episodes:

I love how everything is weirdly geometric looking in these markebob episodes. These episodes must've been hell to draw. I've noticed that episodes in this art style have almost no mistakes, and never go off-model. Everything looks so straight-laced, it makes it very fun to look at. I wouldn't be able to draw markerbob to save my life. I nickname these episodes "markerbob", because the outlines in these episodes look like they were done with sharpies and crayola markers. It's ashamed the crew can't do this art style anymore.

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I really liked it, though honestly I'd lack a clue on how to identify MarkerBob episodes

Here's Markerbob (Look at how bold the lines are, and how everything is geometrically drawn):

Here's normal Season 2-3 art (The outlines are thin, everything is buldgier, and the outlines are more wobbly and freely drawn, shapes are uneven):

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
What do you guys think of this weird bold-lined art style used in certain season 2/3 episodes:

I love how everything is weirdly geometric looking in these markebob episodes. These episodes must've been hell to draw. I've noticed that episodes in this art style have almost no mistakes, and never go off-model. Everything looks so straight-laced, it makes it very fun to look at. I wouldn't be able to draw markerbob to save my life. I nickname these episodes "markerbob", because the outlines in these episodes look like they were done with sharpies and crayola markers. It's ashamed the crew can't do this art style anymore.
i miss markerbob episodes, nowadays its the same thickness and backgrounds for every episode, they had a nice charm

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
i miss markerbob episodes, nowadays its the same thickness and backgrounds for every episode, they had a nice charm

What I find impressive about the markerbob episodes, although the coloring was still done digitally, it was still drawn by hand. How were they able to pull of such geometric and rigid looking designs, the point where it sometimes looks more on-model and straitlaced than the Fairly Oddparent does. It's such ashame that they can't do this art style nowadays, due to limitations in modern technology.

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
Yep, but good things always come to an end sometime, like the show at one point will
(i tried to insert an HD image of markerbob crying but it didn't let me)
lwTUUKO.png

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
So was MuscleBob BuffPants

Oh yeah it was, but because of the limitations in cel animtion, it's very hard to tell. I still think the Late season 2/season 3 markerbob design is the best. Pressure was the first episode where they got the true markerbob designs down. And season 1 "markerbob" is technically not markerbob, because as I've said, due to the limitations of cel animation, every episode of season 1 has the same line thickness.

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
Oh yeah it was, but because of the limitations in cel animtion, it's very hard to tell. I still think the Late season 2/season 3 markerbob design is the best. Pressure was the first episode where they got the true markerbob designs down. And season 1 "markerbob" is technically not markerbob, because as I've said, due to the limitations of cel animation, every episode of season 1 has the same line thickness.
its a prototype of the markerbob artstyle you would later begin to see in season 2 and 3 episodes, it was like a test

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
one thing i found weird is that the episode "Party Pooper Pants" had some markerbob, the song was also markerbob but everything else is normal animation

Back