• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

SB Glitch Art

MadFred

ooooooofy day
For the last few months, I've been interested in making glitch art, i.e. messing up file data to create something new out of it.

As a practice to myself, I decided to start posting pictures I made. For now I'll make them SB related, because that's what our forum's all about, but it's not a neccessity. If you want me to glitch up any images of your choice, just post them here.

These usually don't take very long, and I'll try to explain how I made each picture. I'm trying to learn on how to datamosh (glitching up gifs and other forms of videos)- it will take a while until I master that, but until then I guess I'll continue to mess up with pictures.

Here's an example I just made:

mPBcWTZ.png

Original pic (from the SBM gallery)

VhqvcOk.png

Glitch #1- To make this, I opened the picture as a .txt file and messed up with the code. (Replaced some characters mostly)

lFFyPt4.png

Glitch #2- I imported the image into Audacity and did some manipulations to the sound file (echo, reverb, compression, reverse). I also messed up the text file a bit for an added touch.

Tell me if you like it so far, and don't be afraid to post any requests or challenges you have for me!

Growlie

Best Boy
MadFred said:
For the last few months, I've been interested in making glitch art, i.e. messing up file data to create something new out of it.

As a practice to myself, I decided to start posting pictures I made. For now I'll make them SB related, because that's what our forum's all about, but it's not a neccessity. If you want me to glitch up any images of your choice, just post them here.

These usually don't take very long, and I'll try to explain how I made each picture. I'm trying to learn on how to datamosh (glitching up gifs and other forms of videos)- it will take a while until I master that, but until then I guess I'll continue to mess up with pictures.

Here's an example I just made:

mPBcWTZ.png

Original pic (from the SBM gallery)

VhqvcOk.png

Glitch #1- To make this, I opened the picture as a .txt file and messed up with the code. (Replaced some characters mostly)

lFFyPt4.png

Glitch #2- I imported the image into Audacity and did some manipulations to the sound file (echo, reverb, compression, reverse). I also messed up the text file a bit for an added touch.

Tell me if you like it so far, and don't be afraid to post any requests or challenges you have for me!
You can import an image to Audacity? I have to try that!

MadFred

ooooooofy day
DigitalDistraction said:
I love it!
Growlie said:
Yes! That's awesome!

:)

EDIT: I made another version of the image out of curiosity. It's not really glitch, I just used the sandstorm effect on dreamscopeapp.com.
I think that it could work better if you're looking for something scary

0072bcac-8c37-4fb5-b462-55c805f9bc17.jpeg

Growlie

Best Boy
MadFred said:
:)

EDIT: I made another version of the image out of curiosity. It's not really glitch, I just used the sandstorm effect on dreamscopeapp.com.
I think that it could work better if you're looking for something scary

0072bcac-8c37-4fb5-b462-55c805f9bc17.jpeg
That's definitely creepy and awesome! :squilliam2:

MadFred

ooooooofy day
I'm starting to put the images in spoilers, I want the page to load more smoothly.

burger

c7b77641-8161-420b-a948-8304b41a31f0.jpeg
glitched burger

CakeCup said:
Can you make one with: [pic]

JNpeBcZ.png

That's it for today
Join in tomorrow, in: Glitch

Back