• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Spongebob's Therapist

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
For the most part "All That Glitters" was a really annoying episode, but there was one scene that stuck out to me after I watched it recently.

tumblr_nhgk5aPKUb1tnvkf7o1_400.png

So there's this really annoying crying montage- then suddenly it cuts to the office of Spongebob's therapist, who's sitting there calmly taking notes as Spongebob is screaming his head off. Spongebob stops for a moment, and the therapist is just like "mm hmm, go on," and Spongebob starts screaming again.

Is this a regular occurence for him? I wonder what other kinds of insightful conversations take place there.

that was intended as a joke. It has never appeared in any other episode as far as I'm concerned

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeBob doesn't have a regular therapist, it's just a gag. They were cycling through different scenes for him to cry in to emphasize how long he cried.

Doctor's notes
Patient has no concept of personal space. Struggles to understand sarcasm and figurative language. Extremely hyperactive. Accidentally smashed every single one of my antique glass seahorses.

Discharged forever. Please never come back.

AwardGiver said:
He kidnapped Dr. Peter Lankton so he could have all of his patients! :o
Seriously, he loved what Dr. Peter Lankton worked before, so why wouldn't he go back to him? That is my real question.
wtf does DPL have to do with SB's therapist? :rofl:

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Yeah, like DMAP said, it was only a gag, although he does reappear at the end of SquidBob TentaclePants.

68b_Therapist.jpg

"What seems to be the problem, Mr. Tentacles?"

520.png

"It all started, when I was born."

Maybe this therapist has a lot of patients in Bikini Bottom.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
Yeah, like DMAP said, it was only a gag, although he does reappear at the end of SquidBob TentaclePants.

68b_Therapist.jpg

520.png

Considering the Bottomites, he must see Tom and Fred a lot for their "issues" with chocolate and his leg respectively.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.

68b_Therapist.jpg

520.png

QmTTj57.png

derp

BabySmitty

Porous Freak

68b_Therapist.jpg

520.png

everyone in Bikini Bottom needs therapy.

DadMom AngryPants said:
SpongeBob doesn't have a regular therapist, it's just a gag. They were cycling through different scenes for him to cry in to emphasize how long he cried.

Doctor's notes
Patient has no concept of personal space. Struggles to understand sarcasm and figurative language. Extremely hyperactive. Accidentally smashed every single one of my antique glass seahorses.

Discharged forever. Please never come back.
Still, the idea of Spongebob regularly going back there to subject the poor therapist to screaming and Neptune knows what else.. is kinda funny.

Also, your "doctor's notes" made me LOL

Cha

I love SBM
I'd imagine SpongeBob has a hard time keeping one therapist or any for that matter, since his tendency to drop pianos on them.

Kerststol

Amyroos
I'm pretty sure this therapist had to have seen some really awful things to be able to keep his composure around SpongeBob and, well...

520.png

He was probably around when wars happened.

The Drifter

Some person.

68b_Therapist.jpg

520.png

Just look at that face:
68b_Therapist.jpg

That face pretty much said: "I'm getting reaaaaaaally tired of this shrimp". Considering how Bikini Bottom is filled with insane nutjobs, the therapist probably (secretly) went insane too.

Back