Blockbuster Video

More nostalgic topics! :D So, what memories do you have of this place before its demise a few years back? What I remember was getting an Alvin and the Chipmunks (the live-action ones :sbo_o: ) and wanted to rent a DVD of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie from there one day, but that never happened though. My local Blockbuster Video was soon replaced by a rue21, which closed just last year and as of now, there is nothing there. Never went here too often, but it was definitely a friendly face as it was also next to my local Walmart, which of course is still open. xD

Honestly, I never really used them for renting movies. I preferred Hollywood Video before they met their demise as well. I used to rent a lot of SpongeBob DVDs (duh). I think I even bought Battle for Bikini Bottom at their game shop next door.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Renting on the weekends was obviously what the cool kids were doing. So cheap but the return process was mean to me :\

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I've only been once in there and have never rented anything. They closed where I am in early 2012.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
not really go to Blockbuster anymore and it's not in my town anymore. i prefer buy and keep the DVDs same for PS2 & Wii

Chris

Floridian
Combusto82 said:
not really go to Blockbuster anymore and it's not in my town anymore. i prefer buy and keep the DVDs same for PS2 & Wii
I think Blu-ray is the way to go now.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I remember going there on Friday nights. I can't remember the inside of the store that much, but I do remember going home and looking at the movies I got from there.

Chris

Floridian
MY CHOCOLATE LEG! said:
I remember going there on Friday nights. I can't remember the inside of the store that much, but I do remember going home and looking at the movies I got from there.
It was replaced by things like Netflix.

Amanda

Imitation Krab
Where I live there used to be a store called Movie Gallery. I remember going there as a kid and renting dvds. You could also buy movies and video games. It went out of business in 2012. I miss that place so much.

Chris

Floridian
jack_of_all_traids said:
Confession: I've never actually used a blu-ray. I've always been more of a DVD person.
If it weren't for streaming services, Blu-ray would be used more.

Back