EmpLemon made another good video! (SpongeBob-related)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYu7Y52iiYI
Over the past 2 years, Emp’s intentionally developed an identity that people will have mixed opinions on, but he’s still a great YouTuber when he puts his mind to making quality content such as this.
*snap*
Yep, this one’s going in my “Good SpongeBob Analysis” compilation!

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
EmpLemon makes a lot of garbage videos, but I will say I agree with him on this one. Squidward IS the show's most important character.

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
Klu said:
Never heard of this guy, but this is not bad video.

Though hate on season 4 and not acknowledging recent seasons disappointed me.
I agree. I think it's a good video, but I would've liked it more if he addressed the later seasons. Emp talks so much about how the good SpongeBob/Squidward episodes that have a focus on their contrasting personalities make up the backbone of the show, yet he dismisses Funny Pants and Not Normal.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Squiddddd said:
I agree. I think it's a good video, but I would've liked it more if he addressed the later seasons. Emp talks so much about how the good SpongeBob/Squidward episodes that have a focus on their contrasting personalities make up the backbone of the show, yet he dismisses Funny Pants and Not Normal.
Not to mention that SpongeBob himself behaves more like his 1-3 seasons self recently, this is worth acknowledging too.

Just finished watching the whole thing. That was very well thought-out and I think he brought up a good point as to why the show doesn't feel the same as it used to. That entire SpongeBob-Squidward dynamic just isn't as tight as it was, and I think what he meant was not that the dynamic doesn't exist in the post-movie seasons, but that it's been less common to see it working effectively. I'd like to have heard what he thinks of Seasons 9B-11, though.

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
SpongeRob RectangleShorts said:
Just finished watching the whole thing. That was very well thought-out and I think he brought up a good point as to why the show doesn't feel the same as it used to. That entire SpongeBob-Squidward dynamic just isn't as tight as it was, and I think what he meant was not that the dynamic doesn't exist in the post-movie seasons, but that it's been less common to see it working effectively. I'd like to have heard what he thinks of Seasons 9B-11, though.
That's fair. I assumed he thought no episodes after the first three seasons were both good and had the typical SpongeBob and Squidward plot formula because he said he watched through 1-3 not 4+, and the images of episodes with SpongeBob and Squidward he used included Boating Buddies and A Day Without Tears. Perhaps he meant to suggest the dynamic does still exist but it's, as you say, not as prevalent and also not nearly as good. I was surprised he didn't bring up season 9 and I'd also liked to have heard his thoughts on post-sequel.

EmpLemon, huh? That's definitely a name to be in textbooks, of YouTube history that is. Anyways, I agree, there really will never be a cartoon like SpongeBob. That yellow sponge we adore is one of the features of the cartoon hall of fame and always will be.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
This video was definitely wonderful, though like the posters above have said - he could have taken in more time to review the later seasons. Other than that, as a fan of him it was a pretty nice explanation and made me realize some things about the first few seasons I never knew.

I hope he does a response video on this which includes these goals.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Personally, I love this guy, he improves his work with every video, here's some of his other classics:
https://youtu.be/qFGqhEVr7lk
https://youtu.be/uLTeMC81FV0
https://youtu.be/oDKDavhYRAk

Keep up the good work Emp!

Back