Games you feel are overrated!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Sonicdude2355

Floating Shopping List

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

Ever feel like a game that gets a lot of praise isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be? 
I know I do! Share these games and your reasons why!

Personally, I think that Banjo-Kazooie isn't that fun. I think your movement speed is too slow and the worlds are a bit overly expansive.

#2 BrutalWreckage

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:25 PM

Oh yeah, I've got a few!

Smash Bros. Brawl- The weakest of the Smash Bros. series to me. Far too slow paced, Subspace Emissary was a pain, Break The Targets was boring, and the Classic and All Star modes felt so gimped. It's a decent game still, but pathetic compared to all the other Smash games IMO.

Ocarina of Time- Oh yeah, I went there! It's a good game and all, but the best game of all time? Come on, that's a bit of an overexaggeration! Even in terms of the Zelda franchise itself, there are better Zelda games to me, such as Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild! Maybe I'm a bit biased towards this one since I've never really been a Zelda person, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see this game as one of the greatest of all time. It's just a well done and fun Zelda game.

GTA San Andreas-An awesome game, but I fail to see how its the best GTA. 5 and 4 (especially 5) had more engaging characters and compelling worlds IMO. It's an awesome game but calling it the best GTA seems too heavily rooted in nostalgia to me.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Both the original and Transformed)- the only game (or games) on this list that I actually dislike. They're not terrible by any means, but TBH they're little more than shameless Mario Kart knockoffs. They're certainly better than the riders games and Sonic R, but they're still not what I'd call good.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by SpongeNicko, 19 September 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#3 Sonicdude2355

Floating Shopping List

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:30 PM

Oh yeah, I've got a few!

Smash Bros. Brawl- The weakest of the Smash Bros. series to me. Far too slow paced, Subspace Emissary was a pain, Break The Targets was boring, and the Classic and All Star modes felt so gimped. It's a decent game still, but pathetic compared to all the other Smash games IMO.

Ocarina of Time- Oh yeah, I went there! It's a good game and all, but the best game of all time? Come on, that's a bit of an overexaggeration! Even in terms of the Zelda franchise itself, there are better Zelda games to me, such as Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild! Maybe I'm a bit biased towards this one since I've never really been a Zelda person, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see this game as one of the greatest of all time. It's just a well done and fun Zelda game.

GTA San Andreas-An awesome game, but I fail to see how its the best GTA. 5 and 4 (especially 5) had more engaging characters and compelling worlds IMO. It's an awesome game but calling it the best GTA seems too heavily rooted in nostalgia to me.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Both the original and Transformed)- the only game (or games) on this list that I actually dislike. They're not terrible by any means, but TBH they're little more than shameless Mario Kart knockoffs. They're certainly better than the riders games and Sonic R, but they're still not what I'd call good.

That's all I can think of for now.

I can see where you're coming from, and I do agree with a few of your opinions.

As for San Andreas, I consider it the best 3D era title, whereas I would say Grand Theft Auto V is the best HD title.

#4 BrutalWreckage

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

I can see where you're coming from, and I do agree with a few of your opinions.
As for San Andreas, I consider it the best 3D era title, whereas I would say Grand Theft Auto V is the best HD title.

GTA 5 is actually my 2nd favorite game of all time period. It was #1 for a long while up until Super Mario Odyssey came out and just completely dwarfed everything else I'd played.

#5 Sonicdude2355

Floating Shopping List

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

GTA 5 is actually my 2nd favorite game of all time period. It was #1 for a long while up until Super Mario Odyssey came out and just completely dwarfed everything else I'd played.

Hey me too!

#6 Klu

Bomb-Selling Pirate

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:02 AM

Anything by nintendo, tbh
I like this company and many games from it, but some of Nintendo games are literal sacred cows

#7 SpongeRob RectangleShorts

Sharkdog!

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:09 AM

Sonic. I understand why people like it, but I could just never get into it. The gameplay moves way too fast for my liking.

Also, a lot of those "casual" games like Candy Crush, which I enjoy for a while and then immediately get bored with afterwards.

#8 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

I really don't like Super Mario Sunshine that much. Not sure what causes it to get the praise it gets.

#9 McSponge

Flying Dutchman's Sock

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog (The original. Sonic 2 and 3 deserve the recognition)

#10 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:59 PM

Completely agree with you, McSponge.

#11 ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini

• Admins
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

Halo

Any of the 1st person shooting games (except Goldeneye/Perfect Dark)

#12 EmployeeAMillion

Oh wow, you’re beautiful.

• Members
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Pretty much this.
“Let’s make a game about going fast, then make two thirds of it a complete slog!”

#13 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:13 AM

I also agree with ssj. Most 1st person shooting games get a lot of praise, but I feel they are overvalued. I think there is more fun to have in games like 3D platformers.

Don't forget Sonic 1. It may have been the first, but man, is it a pain to play sometimes.

#14 NerdyKairi

My Photo is a Mood

• Members
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

Sonic 1... well my only issue was how to get the Chaos Emeralds.

Overrated Games, any game that gets a super big fanbase and get horrible over time cough Undertale cough.

#15 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

Roblox - I know it has it's fans, but I just can't get into it.

Paper Mario Sticker Star - It's good for people who don't know what Paper Mario used to be.

Sports Games - I tend to not like Football, Hockey, or Baseball Games too much.

#16 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Roblox - I know it has it's fans, but I just can't get into it.

omg you don't like roblox iz da best game evar made ur opinion sux!!!!!!!!

#17 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

I also think Roblox is overrated. I can see why people like it, but it definitely has its flaws.

Edited by IAmAGoofyGoober2004, 25 September 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#18 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

I also think Roblox is overrated. I can see why people like it, but it definitely has its flaws.

See my post above to see why it's never okay to say this to the "fans".

#19 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

See my post above to see why it's never okay to say this to the "fans".

It is pretty accurate!  :hehe:

#20 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

Fortnite is also pretty overrated.

#21 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

Fortnite is also pretty overrated.

That's for sure. I want to give it a try, but I haven't had the time to yet.

#22 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

That's for sure. I want to give it a try, but I haven't had the time to yet.

Wow, same here. I also want to give it a try just to see what it's like.

#23 IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

Wow, same here. I also want to give it a try just to see what it's like.

I want to try Save the World mainly, and I know I can play the battle royale mode any time.

#24 warblower99

Spingebill's Biggest Fan

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Pretty much all of the first person shooters/one-on-one combat games, like CS:GO, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc...don't people ever get tired of the same thing?? Go into match, kill people, get killed, repeat. It's very overrated and stupid.

#25 jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

Pretty much all of the first person shooters/one-on-one combat games, like CS:GO, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc...don't people ever get tired of the same thing?? Go into match, kill people, get killed, repeat. It's very overrated and stupid.

Yes I completely agree. As my science teacher once said: The more realistic a game is, the less fun it is to play.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users