Rank the Nintendo Consoles

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Easy just rank the 7 Nintendo generation consoles, here's my list from best to worst:

1. Gamecube
  2. Nintendo 64
  3. SNES
  4. Switch
  5. Wii
  6. NES
  7. Wii U
That's my list, give me yours.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
1. GameCube
2. Wii
3. Switch
4. Nintendo 64
5. 3DS
6. DS
7. SNES
8. NES
9. Wii U

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
1. Nintendo 64
2. Gamecube
3. Switch
4. SNES
5. Wii
6. Wii U
7. NES

Hard to pick. Especially can't say too much about the first 2 consoles since I haven't played them as much.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I have never played on a real SNES (only through some Virtual Console releases), but I have experience with every other console. I’ll rank them by positive impact and acclaimed games though.

1. Wii
2. N64
3. Switch
4. SNES
5. NES
6. GameCube
7. Wii U

As for the handhelds
1. DS
2. Game Boy
3. 3DS
4. Game Boy Advance
5. Game Boy Colour (not much to say about this one, it’s just the Game Boy with, big shock, colour)
6. Game & Watch
7. Virtual Boy

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
If we are talking about library of games...I still by my list above.
If we are talking about graphics, I think it's overrated. It's all about the game play...not how it looks.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
If we are talking about library of games...I still by my list above.
If we are talking about graphics, I think it's overrated. It's all about the game play...not how it looks.
It's not plain graphics, but how the graphics are for their time. Comparing Switch's graphics to NES's blatantly is just plain unfair. And that goes for game play too to some extent, otherwise it's one-sided.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
FinnDinner said:
It's not plain graphics, but how the graphics are for their time. Comparing Switch's graphics to NES's blatantly is just plain unfair. And that goes for game play too to some extent, otherwise it's one-sided.
I would still play 8-bit games on a Switch if I could. I think that's why I enjoy Odessey so much because it incorporates that in some parts. Most NES games are much better than some upgrades.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
I would still play 8-bit games on a Switch if I could. I think that's why I enjoy Odessey so much because it incorporates that in some parts. Most NES games are much better than some upgrades.
I am one to believe that the graphics got better every generation, games are classic, but I'm willing to wager if those 8-bit games had bad game play, no one would want them back. Game play is way more important than graphics.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
FinnDinner said:
I am one to believe that the graphics got better every generation, games are classic, but I'm willing to wager if those 8-bit games had bad game play, no one would want them back. Game play is way more important than graphics.
You can keep your saving a game to 15-30 seconds while I have it instantly. :P

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
You can keep your saving a game to 15-30 seconds while I have it instantly. :P
You can say that, but you wouldn't even care about save states if the game controlled like crap. Enjoy you're ET Atari save states, I am sure it makes the game so much better. :sbfunny:

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
FinnDinner said:
You can say that, but you wouldn't even care about save states if the game controlled like crap. Enjoy you're ET Atari save states, I am sure it makes the game so much better. :sbfunny:
Atari 5200 is best console

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
From worst to best because I like doing it this way:

7. Wii U
6. Wii
5. NES (It's a great console still and one that I respect, I just can't rank it any higher than this since I haven't played too much of it and plus I was born long after newer consoles hit the spotlight. It's definitely far better than the Wii and Wii U still).
4. Switch
3. SNES
2. N64
1. Gamecube (And either this or the PS2 is also my favorite video game console of all time period).

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
You have to hold in the reset button while turning the NES off to save the game.
Yeah so it's possible, I don't care that VC gives you people save states, playing original a lot of the time is less laggy and more responsive. I think the consoles should be judged at face-value, whilst ignoring VC.

Back