Speedrunning

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Try and beat a game as fast as possible, can you speedrun a game, if so, what categories, and how fast can you beat it? I speedrun Paper Mario all the time, I can get the game done in about 6-7 hours glitchless.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
Speedrunning is not always my thing but i've tried finishing some games quicker. One game that I sorta speedrunned was Sonic Colors for the DS where I learned some glitches and ways to finish each stage quicker. I remember beating a stage in like 40 seconds which you could say is impressive.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I've done a speedrun of Metroid before. I've got it down pretty well. Just got to work on Mother Brain. :\

member 9373

i've never ran any game before, but i love to watch them!! i watch agdq every year and i love to hear about all the intricate techniques that runners use. it's so much fun to learn about =D i watch a lot of channels like summoning salt, stryder7x, theZZAZZglitch, etc.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Pearlshine said:
i've never ran any game before, but i love to watch them!! i watch agdq every year and i love to hear about all the intricate techniques that runners use. it's so much fun to learn about =D i watch a lot of channels like summoning salt, stryder7x, theZZAZZglitch, etc.
Watching Stryder7x, you should totally try speedrunning Paper Mario. It is really fun, and the community is amazing. I could see how some people don't like it, but it's very fun for me at least.

I don't speedrun but exploiting games is super fun. I found one exploit recently in the Lego Indiana Jones game. So in one of the levels, there's a part where you can climb up the space between a wall and and another wall, so you basically climb up the air. If you time your jumping well, you can jump on the platform on top and get tot the next section of the level immediately without doing the puzzle.

I also make attempts at speedruns and exploits in games like Sonic Adventure, Battle for Bikini Bottom, and The SpongeBob Movie Game. One speedrunner I like is SHiFT who speedruns BFBB, I learned the Out of Bounds glitch from one of his videos, it makes the final boss of that game easier! :thumbsup:

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
I don't speedrun but exploiting games is super fun. I found one exploit recently in the Lego Indiana Jones game. So in one of the levels, there's a part where you can climb up the space between a wall and and another wall, so you basically climb up the air. If you time your jumping well, you can jump on the platform on top and get tot the next section of the level immediately without doing the puzzle.
What?? I had no idea at all, definitely going to try that next time.

You should try for any% usually the fastest, I prefer glitchless personally, but any% is really broken in a fun way.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I play Mario Kart 64 :P

Other than that I have mess with some other games.. Nicktoons Racing on GBA, GoldenEye 007.. not much else though
I like watching Super Mario 64 also.. fun game.
Most of my time is spent with MK64 stuff though

Word of advice: speedrun exploitable games like 3D platformers or glitchy games like Sonic 06!

And speedrunning tip for The SpongeBob Movie Game: on Rock Slide Macho Time Challenge, take as many shortcuts as possible and in the beginning of the level, bounce on the lava onto the lower track. I still can't beat that level though. >_<

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
Word of advice: speedrun exploitable games like 3D platformers or glitchy games like Sonic 06!

And speedrunning tip for The SpongeBob Movie Game: on Rock Slide Macho Time Challenge, take as many shortcuts as possible and in the beginning of the level, bounce on the lava onto the lower track. I still can't beat that level though. >_<
Paper Mario kinda fits that :P

Back