Hardest Video Game You've Ever Beat?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Through hard work you can do it, these games are top notch in their difficulty. What's the hardest video game you've ever beat? Mine is easily Geometry Dash Super Sonic, here's a video of it, not mine:
https://youtu.be/LZFZ9I0mQPc

Pain in the butt, what's your's?

member 9373

now that i think about it, i don't think i've ever really beaten or even played any super hard games. i mean i've done a fair number of really strict nuzlockes, i've 100% completed every rhythm heaven game, and i'm pretty good at taiko no tatsujin, but that's about it.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Growlie said:
For me, Ecco the Dolphin and both Monster Rancher games.
I have the Game Gear Ecco game (1st one). It is extremely difficult towards the end. Much frustration back in the day.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
F-Zero GX, especially the story mode which was incredibly frustrating at times since it forced you to complete a stage without making any mistakes. Sometimes you would crash or run out of gas before you could complete each stage. I eventually finished the game but it was a nightmare to complete, by far the hardest racing game i've ever played.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I feel like I've barely beaten any games in my life actually.. probably like 5-10
All I can really think of is the Portal games and SM64 lol..
Maybe career mode on GH3 too if that counts.. from never playing the game to expert completion was a lot of hours I guess.

Never really played a lot of super hard to beat games I guess

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
I feel like I've barely beaten any games in my life actually.. probably like 5-10
All I can really think of is the Portal games and SM64 lol..
Maybe career mode on GH3 too if that counts.. from never playing the game to expert completion was a lot of hours I guess.

Never really played a lot of super hard to beat games I guess
Cmon man you did three Weathertenkos and you're talking about Portal? Give yourself more credit.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
I don’t think that qualifies as “beating the game” though haha
The course required timed button inputs, and was projected electronically, thus being a video game, and you beat it. Therefore, you beat the game. I think it's a little harder than Portal, so it would be the hardest game you've beaten.

If it's not a game, what do you consider it? Just curious.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
FinnDinner said:
The course required timed button inputs, and was projected electronically, thus being a video game, and you beat it. Therefore, you beat the game. I think it's a little harder than Portal, so it would be the hardest game you've beaten.

If it's not a game, what do you consider it? Just curious.
There's no "end" to MK64 so you can't really beat it. Unless you call getting to the credits beating it which is extremely easy

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
There's no "end" to MK64 so you can't really beat it. Unless you call getting to the credits beating it which is extremely easy
You can clear the Weathertenkos though, I mean I beat a level in Geometry Dash, but I don't say I beat Geometry Dash, no it's the level within, which is also a game, that can be beaten. You don't have to say you beat MK64, because Weathertenkos are a game themselves. Completing them is completing a game, it's not like we're talking about the entirety MK64, it doesn't have to be the entire cartridge.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
FinnDinner said:
You can clear the Weathertenkos though, I mean I beat a level in Geometry Dash, but I don't say I beat Geometry Dash, no it's the level within, which is also a game, that can be beaten. You don't have to say you beat MK64, because Weathertenkos are a game themselves. Completing them is completing a game, it's not like we're talking about the entirety MK64, it doesn't have to be the entire cartridge.
Yeah but beating a level would be the designed goal of the game which would be equivalent to me just driving around the track normally which is super easy :P
I would say maybe that's the hardest thing I've ever done in a game, but I don't think it counts as "beating" the game still

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
Yeah but beating a level would be the designed goal of the game which would be equivalent to me just driving around the track normally which is super easy :P
I would say maybe that's the hardest thing I've ever done in a game, but I don't think it counts as "beating" the game still
"The Game" isn't MK64, nor Choco Mountain, it's the Weathertenkos. See Weathertenkos fit the requirement to be a game, and you did complete all of the Weathertenkos, so...could you at least agree that three Weathertenkos could be classified as a game within a game? I mean a game's definition is play, so it is a game, even if it's within another thing that's said to be the video game, it still fits the definition.

It's a game within a level within a mode on an entire video game. Eh?

Back