What if SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward were stuck in the time vault?

Tidalpat

Imitation Krab
I don't know if this fits in here, somebody tell me if it doesn't.

These are my ideas for how a spin-off based off of the episode Buried in Time would happen. Basically, this is an alternate reality where Plankton never found out about the time capsule because he was on vacation or something. Therefore, he never releases SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward and therefore they are stuck for fifty years.

I imagine it to go like this; The first few episodes could be based off of what they do to bide time in the capsule.Later on, they come out of the time vault, looking exactly the same as before (because SpongeBob logic), to find a city built on old buildings. Mr. Krabs, still alive, explains to them that Bikini Bottom got too polluted and over time tall buildings were built upwards, resulting in lots of highways and sidewalks, along with nature reserves. Mr. Krabs had built up their houses as well in the hopes that they returned. He would then accustom them to futuristic things such as jetpacks, and a pineapple car.
The show would basically be a more sci-fi version of the old show, and similar episode concepts to Mooncation and Sandy's Rocket would happen a bit more often, and maybe Bikini Bottom created a civilization on the moon. It would also follow SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward trying to get used to the new world they live in.

I'm also including this SpongeBob comics cover because it fits my vision pretty well.

Do you think it sounds good? Tell me how it could be better if it's flawed. It's just an idea, especially coming from the sci-fi aspects of Sponge out of Water.

Attachments

• spongebob future.jpg
    spongebob future.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Yeah, I feel like this should go in Artist Unknown as it is your own take on a SpongeBob scenario, which could be classified as a story. Anyways, yeah it does sound cool, we could also have them trapped in the freezer like SB-129 for fifty years until they're found.

As for the future, the end of The Great Patty Caper has a future from about 75 years up, which I don't know what that could do for you, but that's just something I'd thought I'd bring up.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
This sounds excellent! Sure, it's premise may be too close to Futurama if you ask me, but if there ever was to be some kind of spin-off (Or additional series since this isn't really much of a spin-off) of the cartoon, heck even a reboot years after cancellation, I'd love to see this be the series to fill that role.

Back