RUGRATS IS OFFICIALLY COMING BACK!

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This is what really gets me about modern Nick. They have a few decent IPs like Loud House and Harvey Beaks (at least they did) and then they just wish to milk out other series that went out with glory. Yes, I like that SpongeBob is still on, but if Season 9B, 10, or 11 sucked just as bad as season 6 or 7 I'd guarantee you it'd still be indifferent to them. I'm just going to say it, Nick isn't what it used to be because they're greedy, the execs only wish to get old fans back over things that were meant to be ended, instead of grasping newer ones. Nickelodeon is a complete wreck in terms of cartoons, and unless they get more creative and less money-hungry they will likely stay that way. To me, their problems are simple ones, which only make me more frustrated.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
IT'S OVER.

IT'S ALL FREAKING OVER.

In all seriousness though, I don't even know what to say right now, just.... I already immediately knew that this was going to come right from the get go, no doubt about that, really...

nobody

Imitation Krab
I don't think the live-action/CGi reboot will be as bad as people think it is because look on the bright side, at least Nickelodeon has more plans for movies.

To me, I mostly saw this move coming since I heard a while back that Nickelodeon and Klasky Csupo was talking about rebooting the series. All I can say is that nowadays, Nickelodeon is trying to pander towards 90s kids all thanks to either Nick running out of ideas or the 90s kids are whiny and greedy about networks bringing back their childhood shows.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
End of RML: Static Cling
“Hey Rocko, I’m putting together a team.”
angelica-pickles-rugrats-car-sunglasses.jpg

JCM

#cancelspongebob
they made the jungle movie and i was like cool
they made the rocko movie and i was like cooler
they made the zim movie and i was officially onboard the nostalgia train

but live action rugrats?

no

get me off this wild ride

we're in too deep

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Even though I'm not huge on Nickelodeon rebooting their shows to pander to 90s and early-2000s Nick fans, I'm kind of okay with the Rugrats reboot if it's at least done right and with most if not all of the original team on board. But hearing about the live-action/CGI reboot is sending me a red flag. Now, I don't despise live-action and CGI entirely, don't get me wrong, but why can't they just animate it? There's really no actual reason to drop animating Rugrats, and this kind of gives off a bad feeling of how it is going to turn out. I'm going in with complete skepticism with Rugrats in that style.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
they made the jungle movie and i was like cool
they made the rocko movie and i was like cooler
they made the zim movie and i was officially onboard the nostalgia train

but live action rugrats?

no

get me off this wild ride

we're in too deep
This is a problem with media in general. Round up all the popular movies, TV shows and video games of the past 3 years, and try counting the ones that aren’t cashing in on nostalgia. Nickelodeon started riding the wave earlier than most, but they’ve been going in full force since The Splat.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I don't even like the later seasons of Rugrats, why would I get excited over this?

Back