The Very Short-Lived Bunsen is a Beast

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This was Butch Hartman's last Nicktoon before leaving Nickelodeon. It only lasted about a year. I thought this show's airing schedule was pretty odd. Nickelodeon aired new episodes regularly for just a few months on the main channel, went on a hiatus for half a year, then chucked it off to Nicktoons at the end of the year. Most of the remaining 10 or so episodes were burned off quickly within the last couple of weeks in December. I think the last episode premiered at around 5 in the morning in February with no indication that it was a new episode. I remember when I heard about the episodes being sent to Nicktoons, I was thinking that it felt like the show just came out. This show came and went so fast. It ended quicker than any Nicktoon I've seen.

This was also Butch Hartman's first flash cartoon. I feel like Nickelodeon wanted the show to be animated with flash because they didn't have the most confidence in it to start with. So I think they wanted to save money in case this show failed.

It was also interesting that this show had a crossover with Fairly Odd Parents. The only time any of Butch's shows crossed over. It seems like since both shows at the time were animated in flash by the same studio, it was convenient to make a crossover.

I think Butch Hartman has also mentioned Bunsen's short run on a couple of podcasts and youtube videos. In a podcast with Grey Griffin, she joked about how Bunsen wasn't successful because it was Butch's only show without her as a voice actor.

So what did you think of Bunsen? I didn't really like the show. A couple of the episodes I saw seemed ok, but I just didn't really get into it.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
It wasn't very good. Pretty annoying, bland humor, and just a boring premise overall.

Back