Isn't it dumb and unnecessary when nick does this

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Isn't it dumb and unnecessary when nick airs a marathon that doesn't lead up to a new episode. This is extremely unnecessary. For example "A Saturday afternoon full of the messiest episodes," or "Best Squidward moments". I remember during season 9, when the show was not in production, they abused these special themed marathons. Cartoon Network did something similar to this in the early check it era, they would have a Monday night with a special theme, whenever there was a Monday night with no new episodes. In 2011, they did "Monday in Space", where they aired reruns of space-themed episodes from their shows. Nobody cares about marathons with special themes, especially in this day and age when people can simply stream episodes. I'm glad that I don't have cable anymore

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Original Raw and Uncut said:
Isn't it dumb and unnecessary when nick airs a marathon that doesn't lead up to a new episode. This is extremely unnecessary. For example "A Saturday afternoon full of the messiest episodes," or "Best Squidward moments". I remember during season 9, when the show was not in production, they abused these special themed marathons. Cartoon Network did something similar to this in the early check it era, they would have a Monday night with a special theme, whenever there was a Monday night with no new episodes. In 2011, they did "Monday in Space", where they aired reruns of space-themed episodes from their shows. Nobody cares about marathons with special themes, especially in this day and age when people can simply stream episodes. I'm glad that I don't have cable anymore
i care about them having a special theme is cool

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
EmployeeAMillion said:
If the network’s going to survive, it might as well make a big deal out of everything for ratings.
Only if their content is wort it. Quality over quantity
EmployeeAMillion said:
If the network’s going to survive, it might as well make a big deal out of everything for ratings.
It would be more necessary if it were leading up to a special event, such as a new show, or the KCA. The network is hyping us up for disappointment, if not that, nothing. This is coming from my standpoint, since it's been so long since I've had cable. Ever since I got rid of my cable, I've been watching way less TV.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Not really. The idea behind having a marathon is that it helps maintain a viewing audience on the channel, and for some families, it's easier just so sit their kids down in front of the TV. It's a really harmless practice anyway that ensures a viewer is interested, too. The new episode should be treated as a bonus, not a compulsory element to the marathon.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I don't mind the concepts of these marathons, as Prez said, they were using this specific marathon to advertise Slimefest. Usually there's a promotional reason attached to these Nick marathons, which I think can be an interesting advertising practice since they're using their content to their advantage. However, something that does bother me, is when Nick speeds up the SpongeBob episodes (s1-10) for longer commercial breaks.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
These are actually a good idea. Not to mention your arguments are a tad bit weak.

Lettuce Have Fun

Floating Shopping List
I don't actually pay attention to nickelodeon's scheduling, but i do know that the reason they do this--particularly with spongebob--is because their roster isn't the hottest its ever been at this point.
they missed out on a great business opportunity by not green lighting adventure time back in the day and have been lacking behind other kid's programming since around then--minus spongebob.
if you go to the Burbank animation studio's site, the loading dude is spongebob and a lot of the other content is, as well. they know that sbob is somehow still their cashcow and i guess unofficial mascot.
alas, pimp the little yellow guy out. sorry for rambling, I just know way too much about this subject than is probably healthy for a grown adult.

Back