Make your own cartoon pilots!

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
You know Hanna-Barbera's "What a Cartoon" series from 1995? Gave us Powerpuff Girls(original) and Dexter's Lab? How about Nickelodeon's own "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" from 1998? Gave us Fairly OddParents and ChalkZone? Imagine you were making a pilot short to be seen on one of these anthology pilot shows. It can be for an existing pilot show(like What a Cartoon and Oh Yeah!), or for one you just made up(like... Tacomaster's... Pilot... Program?)! Be creative! Think outside the box, or at the very least, inside the odd, deformed box the other pilot anthologies think in when the regular box isn't good enough for them. Pilots like these are usually 7 or so minutes long. You should try to keep it kid friendly(especially when making a pilot for an existing pilot anthology, as those are usually aimed at kids), though, but there's no reason you can't try to get past the censors(it was all the 90s was, actually- a race to see who gets past the censors furthest). And most importantly, have fun!

EXAMPLE

Title: Robo-Riley
Aired as part of: What a Cartoon Show(just so I can hear that amazing theme song open my work)
Year: 1995
Very, very basic summary of what your intended show plans to be like: Julia Jekyll and Harriet Hyde, but with a robot instead of a monster. (So much for "be creative"...) Oh, and funnier. Much funnier.
Plot of the Pilot: Riley Tinkerton is a ten-year-old girl who goes to school at the Blast University. She's very intelligent, a budding chemist, and an expert mechanic. Her older peers include Mr. Billy Blast, the "Disco Stu" of principals; his mother Mrs. Betty Blast, who is the schools main chef and potentially the worst one on the planet; and Mr. Knick(pronounced Nick) Knucklehead, Riley's jerk of a science teacher who's coffee mug always says a different snarky quote each day(example: "I hate Mondays and also you"). There's also her best friend Jimmy Pants, a budding inventor who always fails at his inventions and life; and the Knucklehead Twins- Mr. Knucklehead's daughters Knancy(pronounced Nancy) and Knatalie(pronounced Natalie) who are the school bullies who may as well be spawns of Satan. Well, Mr. Knucklehead, technically- you're not too far off. One fateful day, Riley is given a homework assignment to make a chemistry project in one night- in particular, before midnight. That night, Riley makes a special potion that supplies energy to the drinker, and tastes good, too. The next day, Riley shows it to the class, but not before recess, leaving her potion out in the open like an idiot. The Knuckleheads(all three) get the idea to screw up her assignment by adding motor oil to the light blue concoction, turning it dark green. When recess is over and Riley wants to demonstrate the potion, the Knuckleheads(once again, all three) tell her to drink it. She does because she is GULLIBLE with a capital GULLIBLE. It even points this out! Then she turns into a gold robot due to the motor oil in the drink. Just roll with it. Anyway, she realizes this means her drink was sabotaged(DUH!!!), and demands to know who did it. Everyone is frozen with fear except Knatalie(the stupid one), who bursts out laughing and says she and the other Knuckleheads sabotaged her drink, despite the other two goading her not to. (Mr. Knucklehead: "Ix-nay on the abotage-say, Atalie-knay!") This prompts Riley to shoot red hot lasers at the Knuckleheads, when Mr. Blast walks in and demands to know what's going on. Riley, being a robot now, introduces herself as a new student, R1L3Y. The students(and Mr. Knucklehead) aren't fooled by this, but Mr. Blast is, and welcomes her to Blast University. (Mr. Blast: "Just cut back on the lasers, groovy cat!") Riley then turns back into a human when Mr. Blast leaves, and speculates this isn't the end of R1L3Y. The short ends three days later at lunch. Riley is about to grab some milk, but turns into R1L3Y, who in turn tries to pick up the gasoline, only for Mrs. Blast to recommend the milk. (Mrs. Blast: "Oh, I'd suggest the milk. That has a higher gasoline-to-milk concentration than the gasoline.") The end.
Does it get picked up?: Well, in my world, yes, it does, for a 3-season series(1996-1998), but you be the judge! Bye now!

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
I've got a really good and original idea for a show. The main characters will be these two dudes who are best bros for life and are also complete idiots. I don't think that's ever been done before; call me up, Nickelodeon!
It's funny because it's true!
Real talk here, guys, I want you to make original(or semi-original) pilots for either an existing pilot program like What a Cartoon or Oh Yeah! or your own. I put my example there because I want you to follow my example. We should also judge each other's pilots fairly. And don't forget to think 90s!

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
Katniss looks for Peeta but accidentally finds Peter, this causes their breakup.
Is this Hunger Games fanfiction?

Tacomaster said:
You know Hanna-Barbera's "What a Cartoon" series from 1995? Gave us Powerpuff Girls(original) and Dexter's Lab? How about Nickelodeon's own "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" from 1998? Gave us Fairly OddParents and ChalkZone? Imagine you were making a pilot short to be seen on one of these anthology pilot shows. It can be for an existing pilot show(like What a Cartoon and Oh Yeah!), or for one you just made up(like... Tacomaster's... Pilot... Program?)! Be creative! Think outside the box, or at the very least, inside the odd, deformed box the other pilot anthologies think in when the regular box isn't good enough for them. Pilots like these are usually 7 or so minutes long. You should try to keep it kid friendly(especially when making a pilot for an existing pilot anthology, as those are usually aimed at kids), though, but there's no reason you can't try to get past the censors(it was all the 90s was, actually- a race to see who gets past the censors furthest). And most importantly, have fun!
EXAMPLE
Title: Robo-Riley
Aired as part of: What a Cartoon Show(just so I can hear that amazing theme song open my work)
Year: 1995
Very, very basic summary of what your intended show plans to be like: Julia Jekyll and Harriet Hyde, but with a robot instead of a monster. (So much for "be creative"...) Oh, and funnier. Much funnier.
Plot of the Pilot: Riley Tinkerton is a ten-year-old girl who goes to school at the Blast University. She's very intelligent, a budding chemist, and an expert mechanic. Her older peers include Mr. Billy Blast, the "Disco Stu" of principals; his mother Mrs. Betty Blast, who is the schools main chef and potentially the worst one on the planet; and Mr. Knick(pronounced Nick) Knucklehead, Riley's jerk of a science teacher who's coffee mug always says a different snarky quote each day(example: "I hate Mondays and also you"). There's also her best friend Jimmy Pants, a budding inventor who always fails at his inventions and life; and the Knucklehead Twins- Mr. Knucklehead's daughters Knancy(pronounced Nancy) and Knatalie(pronounced Natalie) who are the school bullies who may as well be spawns of Satan. Well, Mr. Knucklehead, technically- you're not too far off. One fateful day, Riley is given a homework assignment to make a chemistry project in one night- in particular, before midnight. That night, Riley makes a special potion that supplies energy to the drinker, and tastes good, too. The next day, Riley shows it to the class, but not before recess, leaving her potion out in the open like an idiot. The Knuckleheads(all three) get the idea to screw up her assignment by adding motor oil to the light blue concoction, turning it dark green. When recess is over and Riley wants to demonstrate the potion, the Knuckleheads(once again, all three) tell her to drink it. She does because she is GULLIBLE with a capital GULLIBLE. It even points this out! Then she turns into a gold robot due to the motor oil in the drink. Just roll with it. Anyway, she realizes this means her drink was sabotaged(DUH!!!), and demands to know who did it. Everyone is frozen with fear except Knatalie(the stupid one), who bursts out laughing and says she and the other Knuckleheads sabotaged her drink, despite the other two goading her not to. (Mr. Knucklehead: "Ix-nay on the abotage-say, Atalie-knay!") This prompts Riley to shoot red hot lasers at the Knuckleheads, when Mr. Blast walks in and demands to know what's going on. Riley, being a robot now, introduces herself as a new student, R1L3Y. The students(and Mr. Knucklehead) aren't fooled by this, but Mr. Blast is, and welcomes her to Blast University. (Mr. Blast: "Just cut back on the lasers, groovy cat!") Riley then turns back into a human when Mr. Blast leaves, and speculates this isn't the end of R1L3Y. The short ends three days later at lunch. Riley is about to grab some milk, but turns into R1L3Y, who in turn tries to pick up the gasoline, only for Mrs. Blast to recommend the milk. (Mrs. Blast: "Oh, I'd suggest the milk. That has a higher gasoline-to-milk concentration than the gasoline.") The end.
Does it get picked up?: Well, in my world, yes, it does, for a 3-season series(1996-1998), but you be the judge! Bye now!
Anyone remember this?

Back