Super smash bros smash bros Nintendo switch

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Oh my lady palutena, a lot of old and new friends are in this game! I was not prepared for this! *heavy breathing*
MY MANS AND MY GURLS ARE BACK!
(Pit, Dark pit, Bayonetta, Lady palutena, DK, Diddy Kong)
>snake
>Ridley
Can’t wait December 7th!
Attached File  C36FB233-965B-4C62-8962-780D62F09E4A.jpeg   184.83KB   0 downloads

#2 President Squidward

Nosferatu

• Members
  • 13,259 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

WE MAY HAVE NOT GOTTEN MUCH NEW FIGHTERS, BUT I'M HAPPY THAT ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM EACH GAME ARE BACK

I CAN PLAY MY MAIN SNAKE AGAIN

I'M BUYING A SWITCH FOR SURE FOR THIS GAME

#3 Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

65+ characters and the only one that matters is Pichu.

#4 Amphitrite

LBW Zelda

• Hall Monitors
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

>No Skull Kid or Bandana Waddle Dee

That aside, this game alone, along with Super Mario Party, have won me over.

The very fact that they brought back literally EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' CHARACTER just amazes me! Also, I never thought I'd want Young Link back until now. I might as well main him. :P

Zelda doesn't have her BotW design, but I love her LBW design. It looks beautiful and refreshing after nearly 10 years of using her kind of tired Twilight Princess incarnation.

I think I've made my point here. Day one purchase for me! :D

#5 Depressed Luigi

Luigi got fired from Atlantis by dpongebob, and is now unable to afford any food except Eggplants

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

>No Skull Kid or Bandana Waddle Dee
That aside, this game alone, along with Super Mario Party, have won me over.
The very fact that they brought back literally EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' CHARACTER just amazes me! Also, I never thought I'd want Young Link back until now. I might as well main him. :P
Zelda doesn't have her BotW design, but I love her LBW design. It looks beautiful and refreshing after nearly 10 years of using her kind of tired Twilight Princess incarnation.
I think I've made my point here. Day one purchase for me! :D

They could still come. There's probably still a few more newcomers not confirmed in the direct. Though Sakurai said there'd be few newcomers, so that'd decrease the chances.

Anyway, as a question: When they said the roster would start off as small as smash 64 and then get bigger, did they mean that you'd start with 10-12 characters and then unlock more quickly, or did they mean that it'd launch with 10-12 characters and then quickly add more into the game over time? I assumed at first that it was the former, but then I saw someone mention somewhere about the game releasing with only that many characters at first, and I hadn't even thought of it that way. So now I'm wondering which way they meant it.

#6 Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

While there might not be many newcomers at first, I'm confident  they will add a lot as DLC later down the road, I'm almost sure that's the plan.

They could still come. There's probably still a few more newcomers not confirmed in the direct. Though Sakurai said there'd be few newcomers, so that'd decrease the chances.

Anyway, as a question: When they said the roster would start off as small as smash 64 and then get bigger, did they mean that you'd start with 10-12 characters and then unlock more quickly, or did they mean that it'd launch with 10-12 characters and then quickly add more into the game over time? I assumed at first that it was the former, but then I saw someone mention somewhere about the game releasing with only that many characters at first, and I hadn't even thought of it that way. So now I'm wondering which way they meant it.

You unlock the other characters.

#7 EmployeeAMillion

Soon

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Ridley’s so big, he can only fit on the Nintendo Switch’s hardware. And the PS4’s. And the Xbox One’s. And the Dreamcast’s.
Seriously though, I think this will keep the Switch afloat, as it now has more than a handful of good games to keep its sales up. Even Super Mario Party looks like a return to form for the series.

#8 abney317

Abney=last name

• Admins
  • 10,909 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Should add some awesome variety to the game. Looks pretty fun although I can't say I've played a whole lot of smash over the last few years. Will probably still get this though and enjoy it for a while

#9 TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!

• Members
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

I may get the game.

#10 EmployeeAMillion

Soon

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

It’s pretty ridiculous just how many people are upset with Waluigi’s continued exclusion/designation to assist trophy. I think every character to date is enough to compensate, but I get the wish for more new characters. Still, it’d be hard to live with a Smash game with over 100 characters.

#11 crushingmayhem

Frozen Cephalopod

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Been expecting a lot from this game. I really like how Snake's back and how the roster got increased compared to Smash 4. I hope they add an adventure mode like in Melee and Brawl, it would be nice to actually see a bit of story and challenges again.

Edited by crushingmayhem, 06 July 2018 - 08:24 PM.

#12 EmployeeAMillion

Soon

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Been expecting a lot from this game. I really like how Snake's back and how the roster got increased compared to Smash 4. I hope they add an adventure mode like in Melee and Brawl, it would be nice to actually see a bit of story and challenges again.

Overall, Nintendo seems to be slowly lifting their “next-to-no story” ideology from the last gen, so I’d both expect and love to see something of the sort.

#13 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

I don't want Brawl's 9 hour adventure, something like Melee's but extended would be exactly what I want for an adventure. At the same time, it's over 60 characters, I don't think a story is easy to make with that many.

Also PLEASE FIX CLASSIC PLEEEEASE. I don't even care if there's no race to the finish or that target mode sucks, I just want Classic back to the way it was!

I hope Smash Tour is ether a lot better or out of here, considering Super Mario Party is coming up, we don't need this IMO.

#14 Depressed Luigi

Luigi got fired from Atlantis by dpongebob, and is now unable to afford any food except Eggplants

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

I don't want Brawl's 9 hour adventure, something like Melee's but extended would be exactly what I want for an adventure. At the same time, it's over 60 characters, I don't think a story is easy to make with that many.

Also PLEASE FIX CLASSIC PLEEEEASE. I don't even care if there's no race to the finish or that target mode sucks, I just want Classic back to the way it was!

I hope Smash Tour is ether a lot better or out of here, considering Super Mario Party is coming up, we don't need this IMO.

Smash Tour is the worst part of smash 4. I don't even want them to consider adding it to Ultimate, just add smash run instead

#15 ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini

• Admins
  • 22,807 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

I don't understand the reason for ALL of smash bros characters to be there. Add Waluigi, a few more pokemon, and a couple of other Nintendo characters instead of keeping some of the worst characters in history of Smash Bros to the game.

Some are OP AF: Little Mac, Cloud, Ryu, and 1 other that I forget about.

#16 Depressed Luigi

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

I don't understand the reason for ALL of smash bros characters to be there. Add Waluigi, a few more pokemon, and a couple of other Nintendo characters instead of keeping some of the worst characters in history of Smash Bros to the game.

Some are OP AF: Little Mac, Cloud, Ryu, and 1 other that I forget about.

Bayonetta

Also Little Mac isn't OP. He's really good in the ground, but he sucks in the air and he's easy to edgeguard. He's actually considered a low tier.

#17 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

I think Nintendo was just like "screw it, people keep getting mad and frustrated that their characters aren't getting in to the new Smash game, so whatever, everyone's eligible from all four games." It's a brilliant marketing move to do that, considering you can use that to make your roster look big without having to make new character models and game sets. 

#18 ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini

• Admins
  • 22,807 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Bayonetta

Also Little Mac isn't OP. He's really good in the ground, but he sucks in the air and he's easy to edgeguard. He's actually considered a low tier.

Never had any problem with him in the air.

Bayonetta is a terrible character. Not OP at all.

#19 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Never had any problem with him in the air.

Then you probably play against other Little Macs or on stages that don't have many objects, because we got to be real, his Up-B rivals Yoshi in being very ineffective. That plus, being a character that can't jump very high, makes him someone you just don't want to be in the air with.

#20 ElectricPikachu

Flying Dutchman's Sock

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Adding every character from the series? Okay, then?

Edited by ElectricPikachu, 11 July 2018 - 07:53 PM.

#21 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

Is it some sort of programming nightmare to just add a mode where you can switch the speed between Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4? Why isn't that a thing?? Is there something I'm missing? Because then you would have the perfect game, I just don't get it, to be honest.

#22 EmployeeAMillion

Soon

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

At the same time, it's over 60 characters, I don't think a story is easy to make with that many.

Isn’t there a SSB fan fiction that’s longer than the Bible? (No joke, it’s been updated for over 10 years)

PLEASE FIX CLASSIC PLEEEEASE.
A suggestion to developers that’s of little use on a SpongeBob forum.

#23 FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

Isn’t there a SSB fan fiction that’s longer than the Bible? (No joke, it’s been updated for over 10 years)

A suggestion to developers that’s of little use on a SpongeBob forum.

Fan fiction doesn't necessarily make for the best character interaction stories, and it being long isn't something that's necessarily good, though that does sound really impressive. I don't really want something so strenuous as Brawl's cause it kind of dragged for me, but that's my opinion.

As for the other thing, I only said that because this is the Smash Bros topic, and I left exactly what I wanted. I could email Nintendo that, and it would pretty much have the same impact. I don't really care if this is a SpongeBob forum, if the topic is about something, then I'll leave exactly what I think about that something, and that's exactly what I did.  :sbhands:

#24 EmployeeAMillion

Soon

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Fan fiction doesn't necessarily make for the best character interaction stories, and it being long isn't something that's necessarily good, though that does sound really impressive. I don't really want something so strenuous as Brawl's cause it kind of dragged for me, but that's my opinion.

As for the other thing, I only said that because this is the Smash Bros topic, and I left exactly what I wanted. I could email Nintendo that, and it would pretty much have the same impact. I don't really care if this is a SpongeBob forum, if the topic is about something, then I'll leave exactly what I think about that something, and that's exactly what I did.  :sbhands:

Fair enough.

As for my thoughts on the style of Smash games, 4U was the first I ever played, and the “50 new features” trailer and expansive menus blew my mind. If they can fit that much content onto a more powerful console, I’m sure there will be more options, modes and ways to please Smash fans. Since I’ve only played one game, I don’t have any stance on which is the best overall, but for pop culture’s biggest crossover franchise, I’m not surprised so many people have their own play styles.

#25 Birds858

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:05 AM

I’m so excited for this game, i hope they add a new story mode, stage builder and Rayman as a character for this one.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users