NICKELODEON IS GIVING AN OLD MAN A SHOW

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/last-resort-nickelodeon-is-developing-a-show-from-a-95-year-old-creator-158615.html

That's right! Nickelodeon is giving a 95-year old man his own show! Talk about desperate! The show is called "Man of the House", but it SHOULD be called "OLD Man of the House"! LOL! #lastresort! Nickelodeon needs to get up with the times! We're not old! We're hip and cool kids like everyone else! At least when he gets slammed with sexual assault, less will care! Because he's an OLD MAN! Nickelodeon sucks even more now! *dab*

i forgot to mention the man is norman lear, writer of great tv sitcoms and basically tv royalty

Honest thoughts, even though I haven't seen Norman Lear's shows and also he's old, I have great promise for this series. Of course, I'm saying that like Nickelodeon isn't going to drown it in SpongeBob and Loud House because Nickelodeon legitimately does suck now.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I don't quite understand why it's being referenced as a "Last Resort" in the article; if Norman Lear is "TV Royalty" (can't say I've ever heard of him but I'm not gonna query what I don't know), then why the passive aggressive dismissal of whatever ideas he may have for this new show? His age doesn't necessarily dictate how we should perceive his ideas. Besides, people are often in the media business for years; I cannot say I am all too surprised by the news of an older individual starting a new project. If anything it really only emphasizes on their long-lasting legacy.

TL;DR - Him being old doesn't mean anything, so the CB article's views are atrocious.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Cool, the creator of All in the Family. Certainly a bold an experimental move on the network's behalf. It's surreal that a man older than our oldest living president (Why make this comparison? No clue), but I have hope that such a creator, especially at this age won't try too hard to appeal to a "hip" and "edgy" audience. Maybe we'll see some quality live action content air on the network, who knows? :dunno:

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Just because he's old doesn't mean that he's stupid or Nickelodeon is making a last resort.

Back