What is the most unique episode to you?

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
How I define a unique episode: 'An episode that feels entirely different from any other one in the series, due to having features such as an entirely different combination of writers, different animation or a plot that seems to stick out.' Of course, you can come up with your own reasons for an episode being unique.
I often say this episode is excellent, although maybe it's just because I define it as so unique: 'Krabs V.S. Plankton'. Quite a few of you seem to forget about it, but I think it's just so splendid with it's choice of location (the courtroom) and a plot about Plankton wanting to sue Mr. Krabs. The writing team of Vincent Waller, Mike Mitchell and Tim Hill also never re-joined with the three of them together, so this episode therefore earns the top spot for uniqueness! Season 4 is very good for this particular reason. (unique combinations of writers at times.)

Coffee_lover

Banished
There’s so much unique episode’s,I can’t even count all of them!Here’s my favorites:

-Krusty Krab Training Video
-Friend or Foe
-Suction Cup Symphony
-Feral Friends
-My Leg!

I don't think you can get as experimental as Krusty Krab Training Video. I don't think it's the best of this show but it's certainly so creative and unique.

Feral Friends, Boat Smarts and Turth of Square (it still had some potential) come in my mind as well.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Mall Girl Pearl, Krusty Krab Training Video, SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget, Bad Guy Club for Villains, SB-129 and Feral Friends.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
There’s not much further you can go than KKTV and Boat Smarts, given they adopt an entirely different format, but Sleepy Time is an episode that you don’t see too often regarding this topic.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Wow, there's too many for me to list:
  • Help Wanted
  • Reef Blower
  • Bubblestand
  • Ripped Pants
  • Pizza Delivery
  • Home Sweet Pineapple
  • Culture Shock
  • Employee of the Month
  • I was a Teenage Gary
  • Walking Small
  • Hooky
  • Scaredy Pants
  • Valentines Day
  • Squid's Day-Off
  • Big Pink Loser
  • Bubble Buddy
  • Dying for Pie
  • Band Geeks
  • Procrastination
  • Sailor Mouth
  • Squid on Strike
  • Christmas Who?
  • Wormy
  • Squidville
  • Squilliam Returns
  • MM & BB I to VI
  • Party Pooper Pants
  • The Sponge who could Fly
  • My Pretty Seahorse
  • KKTV
  • Skill Crane
  • Bummer Vacation
  • Best Day Ever
  • Boat Smarts
  • Pat no Pay
  • Atlantis SquarePantis
  • Chum Bucket Supreme
  • That Sinking Feeling
  • Karate Star
  • And the list of great episodes goes on...

Whirly Brains. The animation is strikingly different compared to the episodes that came before it, and the plot is... definitely more out-there than the usual episode. It set a precedent for what to expect from the rest of Season 10 and 11, though.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget, Boat Smarts, and Krusty Krab Training Video are perhaps my favorite of the non-conventionally structured SpongeBob episodes.
(Boat Smarts has to be my definitive favorite of the three though. :xP:)

There isn't much further you can go than KKTV. Have you Seen this Snail is pretty out there, though, it has a very different tone for Spongebob, like the Simpsons episode "The Saga of Carl".

Rocky Lobster

Floating Shopping List
"Squidward in Clarinetland" is incredibly unique in my opinion. The whole episode is basically around Squidward entering an odd "world" and I feel like the ideas in this episode were stepped up a bit and really suited the theme. And that ending is like no other!

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Spongebob BC is very unique due to the lack of dialogue and having a different structure than most episodes. Though this change did not pay off in my opinion and is my least favorite episode of Spongebob for the lack of dialogue making it boring to watch.

Back