Every Episode of SpongeBob Reviewed: A Video Series

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
RobotKlaus said:
I find pet sitter pat to be over-hated as well. Tbh, I think we sometimes overreact too much to disturbing or cruel stuff in Spongebob .
Honestly, I find it a terrible episode. The Gary abuse makes me really uncomfortable. It's just not funny.

Viewbob_true

Baby Clam
I actually thouroughly enjoy most of the new spongebob episodes, and think we are too quick to overreact to what is really just entertainment. Now, before you send out a lynch mob for me. I would like to say that I don't believe the spongebob writers have some secret agenda to hypnotize children into torturing their enemies, [Something someone really said to me in the comments of an animated atrocities] rather that it is just written this way for, well entertainment, crazy to think, I know.

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
As overhated as some episode of this season are, I cannot truly understand why 'Are You Happy Now?' is hated so much. I don't know why people are making such a big deal about the "suicide" scene in this episode when not even a single suicide was attempted.

JingleCup said:
Honestly, I find it a terrible episode. The Gary abuse makes me really uncomfortable. It's just not funny.
That's okay, to each their own.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
RobotKlaus said:
As overhated as some episode of this season are, I cannot truly understand why 'Are You Happy Now?' is hated so much. I don't know why people are making such a big deal about the "suicide" scene in this episode when not even a single suicide was attempted.

That's okay, to each their own.
I agree. Are You Happy Now is hated on for a small suicide scene. I am neutral with the episode, I do not love it, but I do not hate it, either.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
And now, here's Pieguyrulz's finalized bottom 5 for season 7!

5. Hide and Then What Happens?
4. You Don't Know Sponge
3. One Coarse Meal
2. Back to the Past
1. That Sinking Feeling

MrTortellini00

lame funny
How could I say that? Well, I found that episode to be interesting. I liked the time travel plot (even after SB-129), and while I agree that Patrick is too stupid, he didn't bother me as much as he did in other episodes in season 7. I didn't find myself laughing a lot, and the ending is kinda stupid, but I found the plot of the episode to be interesting. As long as I like the story, I can not care about anything else. If I could give it a rating like I do on my blog, it should be "Good" (between 7.5 and 7.75 out of 10): not great, but still enjoyable.

Now that I'm sure that "That Sinking Feeling" is Pieguy's least favorite episode in the season, I can finally ask this: How bad is that episode in comparaison to the worst episodes in season 6? Is it better than every episode in the bottom 5 of season 6?

Pieguyrulz

One Coarse Me
PolarTortellini00 said:
How could I say that? Well, I found that episode to be interesting. I liked the time travel plot (even after SB-129), and while I agree that Patrick is too stupid, he didn't bother me as much as he did in other episodes in season 7. I didn't find myself laughing a lot, and the ending is kinda stupid, but I found the plot of the episode to be interesting. As long as I like the story, I can not care about anything else. If I could give it a rating like I do on my blog, it should be "Good" (between 7.5 and 7.75 out of 10): not great, but still enjoyable.

Now that I'm sure that "That Sinking Feeling" is Pieguy's least favorite episode in the season, I can finally ask this: How bad is that episode in comparaison to the worst episodes in season 6? Is it better than every episode in the bottom 5 of season 6?
Interesting, you told me about as much as the people in this thread http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/28645-135a-back-to-the-past/

People like time travel stories I guess. My favorite film of all time is Back to the Future so honestly I'm a sucker for them too, but I couldn't get past how stupid everything was. I just feel like the story was as shallow as any other SB episode, yet trying to be something more story focused.

I'd love to do a debate with fans (basically you all write comments and I reply to them in a video), but I'm honestly not seeing many people have much of a reason for why they liked it. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just can't really make much of a discussion/debate out of that :P

PolarTortellini00 said:
Oh and on this note, that would be a wonderful idea for a video so I'll stay hushed on it :stranglerlaugh:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda

I'm pretty sure PGR still hates Choir Boys most. In That Sinking Feeling, SpongeBob and Patrick were just ignorant like in Good Neighbors. In Choir Boys, SpongeBob KNEW he was causing Squidward pain, but didn't care as hinted by his infamous "captive audience" quote. In other words, it was pretty much "I know what I'm doing is wrong, but I'll do it anyway" bad.

Pieguyrulz

One Coarse Me
dmandaman said:
You thought it was bad the "Dear Vikings" was nominated for an award?

"That Sinking Feeling" was nominated for the same award 2 years later
:loadofbarnacles: No way. Let me check. What on Earth about that episode has ANY artistic merit?

DEAR NEPTUNE IT'S TRUE!!!!!! :planktonnervous: http://web.archive.org/web/20120321203758/http://www.emmys.com/nominations/2011/Outstanding%20Short-format%20Animated%20Program

Mortacai and the Rigbys is on there too. Yet another reason why award shows mean literally nothing to me. :doodlebob:

dmandaboi

I love SBM
Pieguyrulz said:
:loadofbarnacles: No way. Let me check. What on Earth about that episode has ANY artistic merit?

DEAR NEPTUNE IT'S TRUE!!!!!! :planktonnervous: http://web.archive.org/web/20120321203758/http://www.emmys.com/nominations/2011/Outstanding%20Short-format%20Animated%20Program

Mortacai and the Rigbys is on there too. Yet another reason why award shows mean literally nothing to me. :doodlebob:
HOLD IT. You're telling me that "Mordecai and the Rigbys" and "That Sinking Feeling" were nominated for the EXACT SAME AWARD?? -_~

Giant Clam

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
Amphitrite said:
Please read my last post on the previous page.
Ah, right, you made good points and I agree with you, but we don't know it yet unless pieguyrulz confirms it, so it might be the other way around :P.

Back