Nickelodeon Parts Ways With Dan Schneider

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
http://deadline.com/2018/03/nickelodeon-tv-series-producer-dan-schneider-part-ways-1202353698/

EXCLUSIVE: Nickelodeon has ended its long relationship with one of its most prolific series creators, Dan Schneider.

"Following many conversations together about next directions and future opportunities, Nickelodeon and our long-time creative partner Dan Schneider/Schneider’s Bakery have agreed to not extend the current deal,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “Since several Schneider’s Bakery projects are wrapping up, both sides agreed that this is a natural time for Nickelodeon and Schneider’s Bakery to pursue other opportunities and projects.

“Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery team have created a string of lasting, groundbreaking hits over the years including iCarly, Drake & Josh, Victorious, Kenan & Kel and the current number-one hit show on Nickelodeon, Henry Danger, the network continued. “We thank Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery producers, executives and social media team for their immeasurable contributions to Nickelodeon, and we wish them the best in their future endeavors. And Dan and Schneider’s Bakery are proud of the work they did together with Nickelodeon and will always remain big fans of the network.”

The decision comes as Nickelodeon has opted to cancel Schneider’s latest series, Game Shakers after three seasons. I hear the network intends to move forward with a fifth season of Schneider’s remaining live-action Nick series, Henry Danger. (He also has the animated The Adventures of Kid Danger, whose future is unclear.)

“After three seasons and 63 episodes, Nickelodeon has wrapped production on its live-action series Game Shakers,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “We are proud of the show’s success, and our dedicated and talented cast and crew. Premieres will continue to air throughout 2018.”

Among other things, I hear there had been multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff.

Schneider has been Nick’s top creator/showrunner of live-action comedy hits for the past two decades. He is credited in part with discovering such young actresses as Ariana Grande, Amanda Bynes, Jami Lynn Spears and Victoria Justice who were cast as leads of his series.

But along with all his success, for years, Schneider had been under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows. Among the things that have raised eyebrows are his tweeted photos of the toes of his young female stars. Additionally, there have been issues with bloated budgets and long production days on Schneider’s shows.

Schneider has had well documented temper issues for years. I hear there was a flareup last week when Schneider — along with the show’s cast and crew — was informed that Game Shakers, was not getting renewed for a fourth season and that another series, Kevin Kopelow and Health Seifert’s Austin & Ally, would move into its production space in the Nickelodeon-owned Burbank studios where Schneider’s series had been based exclusively for the past few years.
ABOUT TIME. While this guy made a few good shows in the past, I knew all along the controversy around him was true. Good riddance.

OWM

XD
Now I'm curious on where he's going to next. Will he move to another network, or retire maybe?
bllLVWm.jpg

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!!

Seriously, I'm glad this day has come. Dan was a great show producer in the past, but he has really hit the skids with his latest projects. If this marks the beginning of the end of the utter garbage that is Henry Danger and Game Shakers, I'm all for this decision. Maybe now he will finally be off to do something better with his life.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
GOD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!!

Seriously, I'm glad this day has come. Dan was a great show producer in the past, but he has really hit the skids with his latest projects. If this marks the beginning of the end of the utter garbage that is Henry Danger and Game Shakers, I'm all for this decision. Maybe now he will finally be off to do something better with his life.
Don't forget there's still the Henry Danger movie.

I don't think they'll end all of Henry Danger quite yet (maybe one of the shows but not both), though that wouldn't be continued by schneider's bakery anymore. Would be the last remnant of Schneider still cotinueing new episodes, though only partly since new seasons wouldn't have anything to do with him.

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate
To be honest, I'm actually more glad that he's gone because of the shows he made instead of his personality. I know this might be a controversial opinion, but the only show he created that I actually liked was The Amanda Show. All of the sitcoms he made were either mediocre, or just flat out awful. They had jokes that were gross, constantly had characters that were loud and dumb, incredibly mean spirited plots and jokes, and had situations in which characters who were blantantly doing bad or mean things get away, and the characters who were put in them by force were punished horrifically. Not to mention every show seemed to try to make everything teen centered, and were always star driven. How he became the success he was is far beyond me, and I am literally cheering right now as we speak.

At this rate, SpongeBob might very well be on his way out too.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Wow. I actually didn't think this was going to happen for another 5-10 years. Good for Nickelodeon. Even though he did some questionable things, I would hope this is a step in the right direction for better programming

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
DJ Sagara said:
To be honest, I'm actually more glad that he's gone because of the shows he made instead of his personality. I know this might be a controversial opinion, but the only show he created that I actually liked was The Amanda Show. All of the sitcoms he made were either mediocre, or just flat out awful. They had jokes that were gross, constantly had characters that were loud and dumb, incredibly mean spirited plots and jokes, and had situations in which characters who were blantantly doing bad or mean things get away, and the characters who were put in them by force were punished horrifically. Not to mention every show seemed to try to make everything teen centered, and were always star driven. How he became the success he was is far beyond me, and I am literally cheering right now as we speak.
you wanted him fired more for his shows even though he is a bad person (just because you hate shows does not mean a person should get fired) i get it if he is a bad person then he deserves to be fired

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate
you wanted him fired more for his shows even though he is a bad person (just because you hate shows does not mean a person should get fired) i get it if he is a bad person then he deserves to be fired

Not to sound like a jerk, but I was actually more or less poking fun at some comments about this I’ve seen on other websites. They’re entitled to their opinions, I found the comments wording to be little silly.

I actually loved the shows he made except for Henry Danger, Game Shakers, and The Adventures of Kid Danger.

Back