Club Penguin Rewritten is dead.

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
bpEaOby.jpg

KarateSponge

Parawhore
SpongeOddFan said:
now i wonder what's going to happen to Toontown Rewritten...
of course, toontown rewritten, the #1 thing they have to focus on, if not #1 then it's still very important, because Toontown is a game that Disney cares too much about! Of course! Why did i not think of that?

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I honestly can't believe that Club Penguin's most notable successor, Club Penguin Rewritten is now gone. After some years of not playing I definitely spent hours rediscovering the game and exploring new parties. I joined in on the last day too... however I got kicked right before the actual shutdown (not my fault :rofl2: ).

Mostly the reason why CPR shut down was because of a major staff dispute involving a former admin. For some reason (I don't know why exactly), they got salty over an update which added new sleds among other things. From that point, he threatened to release the source code and eventually even wished to SWAT the other admin. Knowing last year's swatting incident where the victim died, they resorted to the admin's other option demanding CPR be shut down. There was a few-day reversal following the first announcement, however things switched again as the threat still lingered and the staff overall reached a breaking point with stress involved.
Certainly following some hacking incidents, Disney encounters, and other staff situations it seems to now be over.

So then again, R.I.P. Club Penguin Rewritten. There are several servers like it still up and going, so be sure to see me on those at Foggy1775 (my OG Club Penguin name).

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
There's still FreePenguin which is an exact replication as well though...

Back