MLP/SpongeBob crossovers (FanFiction.net)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Like any self-respecting human being, I occasionally decide to search for My Little Pony fanfiction. With the mature filters down. For research. Anyway, FanFiction.net, and the pony-related spinoff site FiMFiction.net, are infested with SpongeBob crossover stories. Not crossovers as in “SpongeBob teleports to Equestria because plot device”, but rather SpongeBob SquarePants scripts that are edited so the characters are replaced with those from My Little Pony. Read for yourself.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12706508/1/Twilights-House-Party
Some even go the extra mile of having the two worlds tell the same story for no reason. Wanted to see Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm with a couple more unnecessary line shifts? Well now’s your chance!
I had no idea whether to post this in Artist Unknown because they’re fan creations, The Dump because these belong in the trash, or Shell City where the topic can die a slow and painful death.
What are your thoughts on these...interesting evolutions in fandom?

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
I agree with you for finding them 'interesting', but I think most of the time the edited scripts do work and they can be clever and entertaining. I don't mind them at all. It's the ones that are actual 'SpongeBob meets My Little Pony' stories that could go horribly wrong, but there's hopefully at least one out there that's written well.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I agree with you for finding them 'interesting', but I think most of the time the edited scripts do work and they can be clever and entertaining. I don't mind them at all. It's the ones that are actual 'SpongeBob meets My Little Pony' stories that could go horribly wrong, but there's hopefully at least one out there that's written well.
Oh, I see what you mean. I thought these were actual crossovers. Though my point still stands :P

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
Wintermelon43 said:
Two likes aren't very much. I just meant in general I didn't want a spongebob crossover.
It's like every time I say something then some other guy would say something witty then he gets likes then I end up looking like the fool

Back