Nick's Treatment of Welcome to the Wayne

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
It's insane how badly Nickelodeon is treating Welcome to the Wayne. I never watched the show myself, but I noticed this. New episodes and reruns had literally been on the main Nick channel for only 2-3 months. I can't think of any other Nicktoon that was on the channel for that short of a time period. The show hasn't aired since September or October, and it came out at the end of July last year! There were only 2 weeks of new episode premieres. One week of 5 episodes at the end of July when the show premiered, and then a second week of 4 episodes in September almost 2 months later! And that's it. Nothing since. It's been 5 months since a new episode! Nick could possibly still air new episodes on the main channel, but I doubt it since it's been so long. It'll probably get shipped to Nicktoons. It's odd that it still got a second season, but that was before the show premiered. Other Nicktoons have been treated very bad in the past, but I've never seen it this bad except for possibly Making Fiends (not sure if that counts as a Nicktoon). Shows like Invader Zim, Harvey Beaks, and even Bunsen has had more airtime on the main network. What are your thoughts on this?

I was pretty interested in the show when it first came out, but when a mystery series takes a months-long hiatus after only 9 episodes, it's kinda hard to get anyone back into it. The show is definitely doomed because of its scheduling.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
This is why Disney X-D is currently my most favorite animation network at the moment...

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I’m actually astonished at how quickly this particular show was dumped. Tonally and creatively, it seemed like a counterbalance to The Loud House, and it seemed like this could’ve been their next rennaisance NickToon after that and Harvey Beaks.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Amphitrite said:
This is Nickelodeon we're talking about here. They'll trash any animated series that doesn't become an instant hit and dump it on Nicktoons to burn off its remaining episodes. Not surprised at all.
I'm not surprised that they're treating it bad, but I'm surprised at how quickly they took it off the channel. 2 months must be a new record. Usually Nicktoons get at the very least about a year or so before being taken off the main channel. The only Nicktoon I can think of that is close is Robot & Monster, which lasted on the main channel for 4 months.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Ellie Williams said:
I wish Cartoon Network wasn't giving the unfair treatment to Steven Universe
Schedule-wise, yes... but they give it merchandise, talk about it a lot on their social media accounts, and even have A WEEKLY PODCAST. So I don't really get how they're "giving it unfair treatment".
Honestly I think we've would've had more new episodes last year if they didn't do that "Summer of Steven" event. Maybe the crew is still working on episodes so maybe that's why it's on hiatus. It is also a story-based show, and those types of shows don't really do well and not as worth rerunning than comedy-based shows.

Schedule-wise, yes... but they give it merchandise, talk about it a lot on their social media accounts, and even have A WEEKLY PODCAST. So I don't really get how they're "giving it unfair treatment".

Honestly I think we've would've had more new episodes last year if they didn't do that "Summer of Steven" event. Maybe the crew is still working on episodes so maybe that's why it's on hiatus. It is also a story-based show, and those types of shows don't really do well and not as worth rerunning than comedy-based shows.

They are still working on episodes. Amethyst's voice actress posted a video with Jasper's voice actress not too long ago. However, I believe it is for season 6, not 5 (current season of the show)

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
Schedule-wise, yes... but they give it merchandise, talk about it a lot on their social media accounts, and even have A WEEKLY PODCAST. So I don't really get how they're "giving it unfair treatment".Honestly I think we've would've had more new episodes last year if they didn't do that "Summer of Steven" event. Maybe the crew is still working on episodes so maybe that's why it's on hiatus. It is also a story-based show, and those types of shows don't really do well and not as worth rerunning than comedy-based shows.
It's always been on hiatus which we're all used to at this point

Back