Every Queen Album (and song) reviewed!

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Here's a special project I'm doing here. Queen is one of my favorite rock bands ever, and I'd like to do a review on every studio album they did (excluding compilation and live albums and including some B-side tracks).

I will review their albums every two days (next review Saturday), so without further ado, here's my review for the self titled album (1973)!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/03/Queen_Queen.png/220px-Queen_Queen.png

Track 1/9

Keep Yourself Alive

Writer: Brian May
Released as a single? Yes
Charts: UK: Did not chart, US: DNC

Players:
Freddie Mercury: lead and backing vocals
Brian May: guitar, backing vocals
Roger Taylor: drums, tambourine, backing vocals
John Deacon: bass guitar

This is a great starting track for a great album. The music here is great, as you get a bit of a taster as to where the band will be going musically for the next few years. The lyrics are really good, and kinda has a good message to it. 10/10 for me.

Track 2/9:
Doing All Right

Writer: Brian May
Released as a single?: No

Players:
Brian May: acoustic and electric guitar, piano, backing vocals
Roger Taylor: drums, backing vocals
Freddie Mercury: lead vocals
John Deacon: bass guitar

This is a nice little ditty of a song. It has a mellow feel to it, and is a great song to listen to when you have multiple moods. The heavier breakdown in the middle is great too. 9.9/10.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Why do I get the feeling SBM has started to become a secret handshake amongst PGR viewers? Oh yeah, the “Every X Reviewed” format continues to skyrocket!

Back