Should the images section be updated?

Should we update the images section?

• No! The images section will be ruined!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Not sure this is the right place to put this topic. Anyway, What do you think? Personally, I fell it should be updated. If it was updated with new images, it would feel strange, but again, the images on the site don't look too good... I'm not sure of the source, I assume the Season DVD's? There are coloring issues too in S2. So yeah, I am on the side of wanting an updated images section, but just a little bit.

UPDATE- I went on Nick.com and screenshoted some clips of some episodes. These look really good, and clean compared to other sources.

WuY7A61.png

QwryN8G.png

ZtHAgb4.png

5ZEDVnS.png

RzQga12.png

VqPMQBz.png

GHcZnuv.png

LnsWq0v.png

zt8emnt.png

g55fg13.png

gYCLZag.png

Pukl10v.png

r5FCkDW.png

2Wz2GZ6.png

If this change of the image section were to happen, (which I doubt it would) I think Nick.com is our best bet :)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I guess they’re not an ultra valuable part of this site, but if we want our love of SpongeBob to be reflected in what we show on the site, I guess it’s time for an update. I’d say for most of them, use the Amazon/iTunes rips, but for Episode 37, which was infamously censored and the original print is hard to find, mining for the vanilla DVDs (specifically Christmas and Goes Prehistoric) is my recommendation.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Hmm, if this were to actually happen, I would feel like iTunes or Amazon or even Nick.com would be the best sources, except for maybe episodes 37a and 37b, Procrastination/I'm with Stupid.

Edit: Apologies for the double-post.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Guys, speaking of this, I saw this video, and there is a clip from 'I'm with Stupid' with SpongeBob actually YELLOW, from Nick.com.

http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/i-love-spongebob/

Yep... He's not pale like on the DVD's, and he isn't washed out like on cable TV. He is legit yellow. Maybe Nick found the original print? Either way that's a plus :)

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
LARRY22 said:
Guys, speaking of this, I saw this video, and there is a clip from 'I'm with Stupid' with SpongeBob actually YELLOW, from Nick.com.

http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/i-love-spongebob/

Yep... He's not pale like on the DVD's, and he isn't washed out like on cable TV. He is legit yellow. Maybe Nick found the original print? Either way that's a plus :)
It still looks dark and monotonous, it's as if the episode used cel animation instead of digital ink and paint
LARRY22 said:
I agree! Did you see the video above? SpongeBob is yellow in I'm with Stupid, which is great :)
Yes spongebob was yellow, it must've been the original print
LARRY22 said:
I agree! Did you see the video above? SpongeBob is yellow in I'm with Stupid, which is great :)
Is it just me, or does the episode look like it uses cels instead of digital ink and paint

LARRY22

Giant Clam
I guess they’re not an ultra valuable part of this site, but if we want our love of SpongeBob to be reflected in what we show on the site, I guess it’s time for an update. I’d say for most of them, use the Amazon/iTunes rips, but for Episode 37, which was infamously censored and the original print is hard to find, mining for the vanilla DVDs (specifically Christmas and Goes Prehistoric) is my recommendation.

I 100% agree. Although the images aren't the most important aspect of this fansite, the images could use some tweaking.

What do you think of using Nick.com as a source?

Back