McSponge's Top 10 Worst/Best Season 6 SpongeBob Episodes

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Well, you've waited, and you didn't ask. It's time for my Top/Bottom 10 lists for SpongeBob's Sixth Season. Now this is where things get good, I really like these lists. And yes, there is some "loudness" in these lists (Particularly when I flip out of Dear Viking's nomination for an Emmy), but aside from that, no ridiculous "All-Caps" flip outs. Still, by this point my work is more detailed and critical than it had been in my older lists. These lists were written from June 14th 2017-June 23rd 2017. Let's get started!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

For many, SpongeBob's Sixth Season is generally considered to be the absolute worst season in the entire series. While I digress, as I believe Season 7 is even worse, it's time to take a look at some of the WORST episodes this series has to offer. It's time for the Top 10 Worst Season 6 SpongeBob episodes. Keep in mind, this is not only based on my opinion, but also how I deem the quality of the episode to be. Let's get started, shall we?

10. Choir Boys
Original Airdate: 3-20-2009
Plot: SpongeBob begs Squidward to let him be a part of the choir Squidward is in.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Squidward, Jellyfish
Fun Fact: This is the only episode where Squidward sings as a hobby.

Surprisingly enough, this isn't even my least favorite episode of the season! A lot of people really despise this episode, and I can honestly see why. But, it's not the worst this season has to offer. The plot of the episode is pretty lame, as it really isn't anything too special. I wouldn't mind it, if actual funny jokes were used as a result of the plot (As many episodes in the past have done), but this episode just fails in trying to be funny. None of the jokes work in this episode, and they're either pain-driven, or just annoying. Even worse, the jokes in this episode aren't even that memorable. The parts that do stick in my head are the more controversial moments in the episode. While I don't hate it as much as other fans of SpongeBob do, I still dislike this episode. Pretty much all of the jokes are unfunny, SpongeBob is such an annoying character, I can't even root him on for his goal in this episode. He's so forceful too, to the point where it's out of character. He's been forceful before, like in Arrgh! when Krabs drove him over the edge, but at least that made sense. SpongeBob has no reason to be forceful in this episode. Heck, the main reason he's doing what he's doing is because Patrick is out of town. The episode is basically just an "attempt episode", and while these episodes can be great (Primary example being Tutor Sauce), I still find this episode to be just unlikable. It feels too mean spirited, and just unpleasant to watch. And might I add that I actually found the ending to be funny (The only funny part of the episode, that is).

9. Boating Buddies
Original Airdate: 8-7-2008
Plot: Squidward is forced to attend Mrs. Puff's Boating school, and has to deal with SpongeBob's obsession about him.
Main Characters: Squidward, SpongeBob, Mrs. Puff
Fun Fact: After driving through a costume shop, Mrs. Puff is dressed up as Jason, SpongeBob is dressed up as a gorilla, and Squidward is dressed up as an Italian chef.

Gee, how else could I really write this episode's basic plot? It sounds borderline uncomfortable. Although I'm not one of those fans of SpongeBob who become actually creeped out by SpongeBob's stalker-ish attitude towards Squidward, I can imagine why it'd be unsettling. Just who directed this episode?! It's a random, poorly paced mess! The beginning of course involves Squidward feeling SpongeBob. Well, at least it's not as slow, and irritating to watch as Summer Job's beginning scene. Anyhow, I don't have much of a problem with this opening. If anything, it's slightly comedic if you ask me. But things fall apart once Squidward goes into Boating School. Oh, might I mention, how forgettable this episode is? Seriously, the only parts I can actually remember are the more annoying, aggravating parts that tend to go on for too long. I actually have to look at the episode's transcript in order to go over certain parts of this episode. I had to do that for the worst episode of Season 3, which says a lot considering how this is only #9 on this list! Oh look at that, a joke in the opening scene that's actually funny (The $5 joke). Too bad it's overshadowed by the rest of this episode's awful moments. There are actually some decently funny jokes in the beginning scenes of this episode, surprisingly enough. But, man, the awful parts are so memorable, compared to these actual good parts. The chalkboard scene is awfully long. It is so boring, and long. If you're not aggravated by how useless, and pointlessly long this is, you're in store for some even worse scenes. I don't even know what's worse! Squidward's part, or SpongeBob's part? They're both so awfully long! The lunch scene is decent, it's probably the most memorable part of the episode that doesn't frustrate me. I actually like the fake-out with the muscular guy, that was pretty funny if you ask me. I also like Squidward's quote about "...just like in grade school.". But the driving scene, oh boy, that's a nightmare. The writers of this episode just go so off track, and try to attempt anything that they believe will be funny enough to save this episode! The lab scene is one of the most awkward, horrendous scenes in the history of SpongeBob. It is just so random, like the writers needed to fill in time, because they couldn't even think of some funny gags for the driving scene! This part is just so bad, I don't even know how one can find this funny! How is this funny? I don't know. It's not funny, it's random humor, it's horrendous. Then, we get to, what I guess you can call the "climax" of the episode. The test scene. Oh yeah, before then, Squidward randomly pops into the muscular guy again, just because the writers couldn't find a way to make a good transition between scenes. The test scene is a bit more comical than annoying. It's not the worst thing in this episode, but it's still pretty bad. There is a bit of ironic humor I find funny, primarily being Squidward being unable to take the test since he can't pick up his pencil. Regardless of it's pros, this is a really bad episode. It's one of the worst episodes of the entire series, that's how awful I find this episode. It's not the worst episode in the season, while there are episodes with a much lower quality than this one, I still find it to be one of the worst this entire series has to offer.

8. Gullible Pants
Original Airdate: 6-5-2009
Plot: While Mr. Krabs goes out to get his nails fixed up, he leaves SpongeBob in charge. In order to make work more enjoyable, Squidward makes up a bunch of fake rules for SpongeBob to follow, resulting in chaos.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs

Man, just how lame can an episode get! This episode probably has to have one of the weakest plots of the series. Even if you don't find this to be ripped off from Squid's Day Off (Which I personally believe to be false), you can still see how lazy the crew were with coming up with a plot. Probably one of the least original plots of the series. Oh well, at least it's not as lazy as the repetitive "Plankton disguises himself" episodes. Even then, this plot is just boring! The whole "...resulting in chaos" thing in the plot synopsis is kind of an exaggeration, as the episode is anything but chaotic. Sure, bad things do happen to the Krusty Krab, but they're done in such an unexciting way, that there's really nothing entertaining about this episode. It's just SpongeBob doing bad things that Squidward tells him to. No comedic payoff, nothing! This episode is an absolute waste of time. Only a few jokes work (Primarily the ones revolving around the fish SpongeBob forces to be a fry cook, those are funny), and the plot makes the episode feel like it was written at 1 in the morning. The "humor" in this episode tends to be from SpongeBob doing ridiculous things. Yeah, if only these things were funny. Half of them are of SpongeBob being gross, half of them are of SpongeBob being goofy. This a really awful episode, and is definitely one of the biggest flops of the season.

7. Dear Vikings
Original Airdate: 11-28-2008
Plot: SpongeBob and Squidward are kidnapped by vikings, after SpongeBob sends a letter to the group of vikings, curious about them.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Squidward, Gordan, Various Olafs
Fun Fact: This is the first eleven minute SpongeBob episode to be nominated for an Emmy without it's partner episode.

How do you botch an episode about vikings! They're vikings for goodness sake! They're supposed to be exciting! This episode is anything but exciting! It's unfunny, it's a mess, it does nowhere, it's pointless, it's useless, it was NOMINATED FOR AN EMMY!? You have 47 episodes in this Season, and you nominate this one, the 7th worst episode of the season for an Emmy. Who would even find this entertaining!? The jokes, ugh, the jokes are so forced, it's awfully cringey to watch. There's so much wrong with this episode. First off, the vikings are flat out idiots. There's nothing great about them at all. If SpongeBob learned this fact, and tried to do something about it, maybe their actions would be justified, but no. No their actions aren't justified. They're ignorant jerks who're over-the-top, cowardly, and just unentertaining. Anything the vikings do in this episode are either obnoxious, or boring. They're such lame, unlikable characters, I don't even know how this episode managed to star afloat. And a lot of the jokes are either way too predictable, or make no sense. I guess the joke about what Krabs is saying when describing the vikings is supposed to be, he has no clue what vikings are? Maybe? I don't know. There's really no explanation as to why he describes the vikings the way he does. You'd think things would spice up, once the vikings kidnap Squidward, and SpongeBob, but no. Nothing, literally, nothing happens. The "climax" doesn't come in until about a minute or so before the episode ends (Gee, great pacing). I feel as if the writers knew they needed to throw in some exciting ending at the last minute, just because the rest of the episode hardly anything went on. It's such a weak, and lazy ending, I would've rather had this episode just scrapped. There's no funny jokes in this episode, the plot goes nowhere, and the ending is one last "rush" to end the episode on an exciting note. Such an awful episode.

6. Pets or Pests
Original Airdate: 3-18-2009
Plot: After a formerly pregnant, stray worm is forced out of SpongeBob's house by Gary, SpongeBob has to find a home for the worm's babies.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Baby Worms
Fun Fact: Larry the Lobster doesn't recognize SpongeBob in this episode, hinting it possibly takes place before all other appearances of Larry.

Ugh. Just...why? Why would you make this an episode? I don't mind Mr. Wormsley's design. I actually like's ugly design for some odd reason I don't know how to explain. The gross factor of the worms' designs aren't the reason why this episode is so awful. It's awful, because once again, the plot goes nowhere. At least it's a straightforward plot, with real conflict (Unlike Dear Vikings), but still, the plot is just a mess. Right off the bat, I can't recall any real funny jokes from this episode. I can't, I really can't. Second, the characters in this episode are just...baffling. Patrick, while at first interested in the worms, seems to instantly not care at all about their well being. Larry is so out of character, Larry doesn't even know who SpongeBob is. What is this supposed to mean? Larry has met SpongeBob dozens of times before. Is the continuity going to be thrown away in such a way, that you can't even keep this already established character's history with your main character correct? If what I just typed sounded confusing, it makes just as much sense as this episode's plot. Also, what is it with the Bikini Bottomites in this episode? They hate the worms, yet once Mr. Krabs sells them at the end, everyone loves them? What!? What is that supposed to mean!? Even when I watched this episode at a young age, I still didn't understand why the citizens of Bikini Bottom instantly changed their minds about the worms. Because plot says so. The only enjoyable part I can think of in this episode is probably the suspenseful truck scene. It was well animated, fast paced, and entertaining. Sure, it took up time in the episode, and was useless, but at least it was fun to watch. Ultimately an awful episode, with no funny jokes, gross moments, tons of out-of-character moments, and an ending so forced it makes the ending to Best Day Ever look like it was naturally done.

5. Patty Caper
Original Airdate: 8-5-2008
Plot: The Secret Ingredient to the Krabby Patty formula has been stolen! Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob search for it!
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, Patrick
Fun Fact: Patrick is the only main character not to be accused of theft in this episode.

Yes! I've been waiting to rip this episode apart! Let's get to it. This is an episode that I've hated for years, yet nobody seems to hate this episode, other than me. Why would they? It's got an original enough plot, it's got some funny jokes, nothing too annoying, and aggravating, why would someone hate this episode? The same reason a lot of people hate Gone. The ending is ridiculous. Not a good ridiculous, like the ending to Shanghaied, no I mean a bad ridiculous, like the climax to Squid's Visit. This episode's ending, is so confusing, I actually don't know...how to even...describe it. I actually have to look back at the episode, to describe how much I hate this mess. So the episode is a mystery, right? Mr. Krabs had his secret ingredient for the secret formula delivered to him. Okay, hold on. When I was little, I was confused why it was the "Secret ingredient to the Secret Formula". You mean to tell me that the formula has ingredients to it? That's not really a complaint nowadays, considering it makes sense since it is after all, a "formula". But when I was little, I was indeed confused about this. Anyway, the episode begins quite well, and even has a strong middle. I really like the scenes where SpongeBob & Patrick interrogate people, I think those scenes were well done, and entertaining, especially the ones with Plankton and Gary, I think Plankton's plan in this episode was pretty creative. A lot of this episode is pretty unmemorable, too. There's a lot of scenes that are easily forgettable, even if they are enjoyable (Like the Plankton scene). Ultimately, this episode seemed to be going well, to the point where I'd considering it a good episode, but things fall apart at the ending. Krabs accuses SpongeBob, which I guess makes sense if you're watching this episode for the first time. But here's the part that doesn't make sense whatsoever. Krabs accuses SpongeBob, and even has the cops ready to arrest SpongeBob, but Krabs points at SpongeBob with none other than the bottle of the secret ingredient in his hand. Yes, Krabs stole the ingredient. Here's the reason Krabs took it (An actual quote from the episode)

Krabs: It's simple. $1.99 is a lot to pay for the secret ingredient every time I get a delivery, so I... took it to avoid paying, you know.

There are so many things messed up with this awful ending.

First of all, you may ask me why I put this so far up on the list. "If the ending is the only part of the episode I dislike, why is it ahead of monstrosities such as Boating Buddies, and Dear Vikings?" Same reason why people hate Gone (An episode I'm fond of), the ending ruins the entire episode. This one is even worse, as the ending solves a mystery (Yes, there was a mystery in Gone, but there weren't any suspects in it like this mystery), and once you watch this episode, there's absolutely no enjoyment you can get out of rewatching this episode. Sure, I can get enjoyment out of rewatching Spy Buddies, and Gone, but that's because those episodes weren't a "Who done it?" mystery. Now, what is so bad about this plot twist?

It's probably one of the worst plot twists of all time. First of all, it's completely out of Krabs character. Would he really go so far, as to blame his top employee for a crime he committed? Why would he do such a thing!? It's unrealistic, and Krabs obviously was prepared for this, what with having the cops already shown up at the Krusty Krab. Why would he blame SpongeBob, that's just stupid of him. If anything, at least he should've blamed Squidward, his WORST employee? Why does that happen? If he was to frame someone, why the boy who has earned you money for years!? Your best employee! And even worse, the reveal that Krabs stole the ingredient is done in the laziest, dumbest way possible. He has it in his hands, when he points at SpongeBob. Okay, why? Why would the writers reveal it in such an obvious way? Was there no time left in the episode to include a better, well-written reveal? If Krabs would've gone out of his way to frame his own employee, the least he could've done was keep it in his pocket. Maybe have it drop out of his pocket, or something (Like in Can you Spare a Dime?). Anything but this! This is the pinnacle of lazy writing! It's an absolutely horrid ending, that completely messes up the entire episode!

4. Cephalopod Lodge
Original Airdate: 2-17-2009
Plot: After SpongeBob & Patrick sneak into a secret lodge that Squidward was a part of, the two + Squidward get kicked out, due to the outsiders (Being SpongeBob & Patrick) discovering the secret lodge, thanks to Squidward. SpongeBob & Patrick now try to make it up for him.
Main Characters: Squidward, SpongeBob, Patrick, Lodge Members
Fun Fact: The design of the Cephalopod Lodge members' hats are possibly an allusion to the famous Illuminati symbol.

Oh brother. Of all the episodes centered around tormenting Squidward, this one, by far, is the absolute worst one of them all. I hate this episode, I loath it, that's how bad of an episode this is. The concept of Squidward attending a secret lodge does sound fascinating, and I really wish the writers would've explored that more. Instead, we get Squidward being unjustly tormented by SpongeBob & Patrick, trying their best to either get him back into the lodge, or by trying to find a replacement for the lodge. Now, this episode is just so mean spirited towards Squidward. I usually don't judge an episode based on "abuse", as that judgement of an episode is overly done in my opinion, but this episode just takes it way too far. Squidward is consistently punished, and tormented for no reason. Whether from the jerks at the lodge, or SpongeBob & Patrick being nosey, knuckleheads. The constant amount of abuse put on Squidward is alarmingly irritating to go through in this episode, and there's really nothing funny about it. And just when the episode could be redeemed for SpongeBob & Patrick's awful deeds, with SpongeBob's ridiculous sock plan, the 2 ruin it completely by revealing themselves once again. Do they even learn?! It's such an awful episode, I hate watching this one. None of the jokes are funny (Aside from the hilarious climax, but we'll get to that), the plot had potential, but was ultimately ruined, the main duo are ignorant, and it's just a horrid mess! The climax could've saved the episode, as it was creative, and hilarious. But the ending of the climax just resets the episode, and basically had no effect in the end, making it pointless! It's such an awful episode, I can't believe how bad this one is!

3. The Splinter
Original Airdate: 6-2-2008
Plot: SpongeBob gets a splinter, and Squidward threatens SpongeBob to tell Mr. Krabs about it.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Patrick
Fun Fact: This is the first time since Season 1 that Patrick assumes the role as a doctor.

That's right friends, buckle up. It's time to review one of those episodes which have no reason to exist! The Splinter was the first episode of the series I legitimately disliked. I don't think I ever disliked an episode before this one, I loved Good Neighbors, and Squid Wood. I thought Born Again Krabs was decent, and I like I Was a Teenage Gary. How exactly did someone think this episode was a good idea? Just...why? Splinters. Of all the things...splinters. They could've made a cavity episode, and even then, I'm pretty sure that would've been better than an episode about...*sigh* a splinter. The plot itself makes the characters seem like jerks. Everyone in this episode seems to be a jerk aside from SpongeBob, and Krabs (Something rare for this Season). Squidward is really unlikable, acting like someone who knows an embarrassing secret about you, teasing you about knowing such a thing. Patrick's only here for comedy relief, and the only relief I get from him, is when he finally walks off screen. The painful visuals in this episode are unpleasant, and the gross, puss filled finger that SpongeBob gets once Patrick drives a stake into his splinter is unnerving. No good jokes came out of this episode (Aside from maybe the confetti gag which is chuckle worthy). Just, what really more is there to say about this episode? It's a straight up, awful episode.

2. Slide Whistle Stooges
Original Airdate: 2-16-2009
Plot: SpongeBob & Patrick annoy Squidward with Slide Whistles
Main Characters: Squidward, SpongeBob, Patrick
Fun Fact: This is the first time Squidward plays an instrument that's not the clarinet.

Slide whistle make funny noise. Make episode about it!- Most accurate reeanactment of episode pitch.

In all seriousness, I don't hate this episode merely as much as all the other episodes on this list. It's just...well, this episode's quality is at the lowest of the low. This episode has no real plot. It's just SpongeBob & Patrick annoying Squidward with slide whistles, until Squidward becomes obsessed with them, to the point of taking things too far. It's basically Snowball Effect, but without any good jokes, and an original concept. Seriously, this episode has been done before in a much better episode. This episode is just a plain waste of time. I don't even recommend watching it. You can watch any other episode on this list just to see how bad it is, but this one? No. No, I do not recommend this episode in the slightest. It's not even boring, it's just unnecessary, and would have no impact on the series if it was never made. The plot is laughably basic, there are no real memorable moments in this episode until about a few minutes before it ends, the characters contradict themselves, twice, and the jokes rely on the "Zany, wacky noises of a slide whistle! Uh-Hyuck!" Just don't watch this. I'm being serious here, don't watch this. The Bikini Bottomites are so biased in this episode, to the point where's it's laughably bad. They never seem to mind when SpongeBob & Patrick use their slide whistle, yet when Squidward does it, the whole world is against him. It's like when the weird kid in school does something that popular kids do, he gets flack for it, just because it's him. The whole world is out against Squidward for no apparent reason, I don't even care at this pointed. I'm miffed, emotionless, I couldn't care less about this episode. I'm not wasting my time analyzing such a wasted episode that's as interesting as a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs episode.

Now, before my Number 1 pick, here are a few honorable mentions.

Professor Squidward
Highlight: The humor in some cases
Worst Part: SpongeBob & Patrick's annoying "Tick" running gag

The Card
Highlight: "Buy more cards!"
Worst Part: SpongeBob crying to Patrick destroying his card

Penny Foolish
Highlight: The jokes while Krabs was driving
Worst Part: The Stupid Ending

Toy Store of Doom
Highlight: SpongeBob & Patrick dressing up
Worst Part: The Ending

Squid's Visit
Highlight: The satisfying conclusion
Worst Part: Squidward going crazy

And, the Number 1 worst episode of SpongeBob's Sixth Season is...

1. The Clash of Triton
Original Airdate: 7-5-2010
Plot: SpongeBob tries to reunite King Neptune's son, Triton, with his father. Triton, however, has other plans.
Main Characters: Triton, SpongeBob, King Neptune
Fun Fact: This is the only Season Six episode to air in this decade.

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the absolute worst special of this entire series! Man, I'm so excited to be done with this list. I typed this all at once, hardly any breaks! Oh my gosh, this episode is just so awful. I hate everything about this episode, it is just the worst. The plot seems interesting, but the execution is worse than the ending to A Pal for Gary. This episode is so boring, I actually don't know how to rate it on a scale of 1-10 on the boring factor. Other parts which are intended to be funny, just aren't funny at all. I know humor is subjective, but I don't think anyone has ever laughed at the ridiculous fingernail clipping scenes. They're so awkward, and horrendous, I don't even know how a human being can find this entertaining. The interactions between SpongeBob & Triton are so awkward, it feels like your date to the prom is eating dinner with your parents (Or even worse, YOU'RE eating dinner with her/his parents!). These scenes have got to be the worst, and I don't even know who I'm supposed to be rooting for! Neptune is an absolute jerk in this episode, so much that it makes him seem like an angel in the Neptune's Spatula. He neglected his son, and now he feels awful about it. Okay, fair enough. But does he really have to act like such a baby? C'mon! And Triton is even worse! He's an even bigger jerk than Neptune is! Granted, he is justified to act like one, after the way his father treated him, but c'mon! That's no excuse. And the idiotic ending, how Neptune becomes proud of Triton's destruction, leading Bikini Bottom to chase SpongeBob & Patrick in an angry mob (For some odd reason) is confusing, and makes me miserable (Okay, that's a lie, but it could make me miserable). I remember when Nick promoted this special, I saw it in its original airing, and to this day, I still find this episode to be a failure. Oh yeah, I like how there's a Goofy Goober reference, but no reference to Mindy. What!? It's a horrendous episode, special, ratings trap, whatever you'd call it! It's got no funny jokes, unlikable "protagonists", awfully paced scenes, and just a horribly executed episode. This is definitely the worst episode of SpongeBob's sixth season.

https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=toFSEKiIBwVO6aj2Rj6Mxd3nyxeNP1BMCOM%2F%2FPLk6oU%3D

That being said, Season 6 definitely has some of the worst episodes in the entire series. But the good news is, Season 6 does not lack Good episodes, either. There are actually a lot of good episodes that I will be covering next time in my Top 10 Best Season 6 SpongeBob Episodes.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

SpongeBob's Sixth Season is widely regarded as the absolute WORST season in the show's history. But, for every bad Season, there will always be at least a handful of Good Episodes. Considering the fact that there's 47 episodes in this Season, I'm not surprised there's plenty of Good Episodes in this Season. The writers can't possibly botch every single episode, now, could they? Today I'm counting down the Top 10 Best Season 6 SpongeBob Episodes. Keep in mind, this is based on my opinion, and how I deem the quality of the episode to be. So, let's get started.

10. Spongicus
Original Airdate: 3-29-2008
Plot: Plankton builds an ancient Greek styled fighting arena, and steals Krabs' business. But even worse, who is the sea lion's opponent in the arena? Patrick Star.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Plankton, Patrick, Mr. Krabs
Fun Fact: The ending is a jab at cliche laughs that occur at the end of episodes.

This is definitely the most underrated episode in the entire Season. Never do I ever hear this episode being talked about. I hear plenty about a good amount of episodes on this list, but never this one. And may I ask, why? This is a really great episode! I love this episode! This episode is a lot more exciting than your regular SpongeBob episode. There are actual stakes in this episode, Patrick's life is in danger, and it makes for some very entertaining, fast-paced sequences. The episode's plot is pretty interesting, not the most creative thing, but the writers managed to make it fit within a SpongeBob episode really well. You'd think this episode would feel different with a whole different vibe going on, due to the change in scenery, but the writers managed to keep the episode within the series' boundaries, and I believe they did that very well. It doesn't feel like an episode of a different show with the characters in them, no, it feels like a true SpongeBob episode. The episode is more story driven than joke driven, and I'm fine with that. The story is very entertaining, and the writers did a great job presenting it. There are a few good jokes here and there (Like Krabs' mom attending the arena, or the customer's reactions to the food). This episode isn't really 1 standard plot, it's more along the lines of 2 subplots that correspond with each other. Krabs' plot is interesting, because there's nothing Krabs can do. SpongeBob's plot is exciting, because he wants to save his best friend from being killed. This episode is very well done, and I highly recommend checking it out.

9. Chum Bucket Supreme
Original Airdate: 7-19-2009
Plot: Karen leaves Plankton, after Plankton puts all his focus on a robot army, in an attempt to retrieve the formula.
Main Characters: Plankton, Karen, Robots
Fun Fact: I screwed up this review, by doing a review of not Chum Bucket Supreme, but of Komputer Overload. What do I think of Chum Bucket Supreme? It's a hilarious episode with lots of great jabs at marketing and foolish customers. Anyway, here's my review of Komputer Overload, enjoy!

When I think of one of the better, more creative episodes when Plankton tries to steal the formula, this is the episode I think of. Before this, we're not used to Plankton and Karen really "fighting" that much. Sure, they seem to despise each other at times (Like in Enemy-in-Law), but this is the first real fight we witness, and I think the writers really handled this well. How is this episode creative? Well, the robots. I really love their designs, they're very memorable, and easily one of the best aspects of the episode. So, how does the plot go down? Well, I believe it goes well for the most part. I think this episode perfectly represents why Plankton needs Karen. Sure, it's not as great as other episodes like Single Cell Anniversary, when this type of thing occurs, but this episode does it good enough. I think this episode gets pretty exciting once Plankton targets the Krusty Krab. I don't know, I have positive feelings towards this episode. It's always stuck out to me, as one of the more interesting episodes, and I definitely think this is a really great one to watch. Also, I do like the ironic way Plankton is defeated in this episode. In pure Plankton fashion.

8. A Life in a Day
Original Airdate: 6-4-2008
Plot: After Larry tells SpongeBob & Patrick to start living on the edge, Patrick starts living life to the extreme, while SpongeBob remains cautious and fearful.
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Patrick, Larry the Lobster
Fun Fact: "Living Like Larry" is the one of the closest quotes in this Season to being as popular as the iconic "Hi, how are ya?" from Not Normal.

Probably one of the most memorable quotes from this show "LIVING LIKE LARRY!"

This episode is very entertaining! While it's more story driven, there are definitely some jokes which really get me laughing. First of all, the concept of this episode is interesting. Patrick trying to live more on the edge, like Larry allows for some very entertaining scenes to occur. Especially when things get comical, due to some of the absurd feats Patrick attempts in this episode (And fails at), allowing for some good comedy to occur alongside the episode's main story. And the story is intriguing. SpongeBob doesn't understand Patrick's drive to insanity, and tries to live on the edge in his own terms (Such as categorizing socks). This allows for a good conflict to take place between the two main characters. And they don't treat each other like jerks, either. This conflict is done in a relatively mature manner, and it keeps the story moving along too. Not to mention Patrick's antics keeps the story fresh, and exciting as well. The main plot point of the episode is done in a peculiar, but interesting way. Patrick is chased by bikers, after knocking over their motorcycles down, and he begs SpongeBob to help him. This is a nice change of events, now that Patrick understands the consequences of living on the edge. But, SpongeBob gets a rush of energy, and excitement as the angry bikers do donuts around him (A great setting for SpongeBob's character to change). SpongeBob goes overboard afterwards, in a completely insane, yet funny way. I really like the climax of this episode. The excitement, and suspense in this part of the episode is enjoyable, and I really like how Larry (Who caused all this), informs SpongeBob & Patrick what he meant by living like Larry, not doing something insane like this. They end up in the hospital, and the episode ends on a funny note. In a way, Larry kind of deserved this. He started all this trouble, and got his comeuppance. This was a really entertaining episode, with memorable dialogue, exciting moments, and a great story. You definitely don't want to miss this episode!

7. House Fancy
Original Airdate: 6-6-2008
Plot: The Host of Squidward's favorite show, House Fancy, is coming over to check out Squidward's house, along with Squidward's arch rival, Squilliam Fancyson. Squidward now has 2 hours to get his house ready. But when SpongeBob helps out, chaos ensues.
Main Characters: Squidward, SpongeBob, Squilliam Fancyson, Nicholas Withers
Fun Fact: Alton Brown guest stars as Nicholas Withers in this episode.

Man, I love this episode! This episode has always been one of my favorites of this Season. Why? It's just so funny! "How is it funny?" you may ask. Well, the sheer corniness of the House Fancy show, from the host's behavior, to the generic CGI animation at the beginning of the program perfectly parodies the sheer corniness of House Hunting shows (Even though this isn't a house hunting show, it's still relatively similar, presenting such a fancy house). I don't know why people never address this, the TV program's corny nature is gold! I don't know if it's really "satire", or more along the lines of just a parody. Whatever it is, (We'll call it satire), it's done very well. As one who has witnessed the sheer fake dialogue in House Hunting shows from time to time, I can say this episode does a great job parodying it. Anyway, onto the episode itself, it's a nice change. Rarely do we get a Squidward v. Squilliam plot (Goodness, the last time before this was in Season 3!), and this was a nice change from a regular episode. It has an interesting premise, not yet done on the show before, and I think the episode gets pretty creative at times. I really love looking at Squilliam's house. The writers/storyboard artists must've had a fun time designing Squilliam's house, because it is an awesomely designed house. From the elevator with a bath, to the constant gilded doorknobs, it's really funny to witness, as well as interesting to look at. As for the rest of the episode, it's a standard SpongeBob episode. There were a few really funny jokes, like Patrick using the toilet, followed by the toilet somehow coming to life, and dying in Squidward's arms. Honestly, if I had to say what the worst part of the episode, it'd be toe-SpongeBob. SpongeBob doesn't really provide anything new to the table (That's a weird metaphor). It's just him doing things wrong, resulting in bad things happening. It's happened in so many other episodes, it's not that grand at this point. Anyway, the episode ends with a great plot twist. Nicholas loves the mess that Squidward had created, and not in a lazily written way. No, it's because...

"What you have done here harkens back to the illustrious post-primitive movement popularized by famous designer Saul Limpkins. Say, was he a big inspiration for you?"

It's a great ending, and really wraps up on a nice note. After all the nonsense Squidward went through, he ends up beating Squilliam thanks to the nonsense. Ultimately, a funny, and great episode to watch.

6. Not Normal
Original Airdate: 3-4-2008
Plot: After Squidward tells SpongeBob he isn't normal, SpongeBob tries his hardest to become normal. But, is normal worse than his regular self?
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick
Fun Fact: This is the only episode from Seasons Six through Eight to feature a gag that evolved to a common Internet Meme ("Hi, how are ya?")

Probably the most famous Season 6 episode, Not Normal is a real beauty. The plot differs from regular SpongeBob episodes, as SpongeBob actually tries to change his ways, allowing for newer, more interesting scenes to take place. Not to most original plot, but the execution of it was brilliant. I really like how this episode managed to evolve SpongeBob, by both design, and character. SpongeBob is very entertaining about him. I don't know what it is about "Normal SpongeBob", but he does move the plot along, and his interactions with the other characters can be entertaining. I especially like how the writers gave him a cubicle to work in, just to make a point to prove how normal he's become. I especially like Squidward in this episode, I think he's a really great character in this episode. Is there that many jokes? Not necessarily, but it's SpongeBob's interactions which really makes this episode amusing. There's just some sort of charm with SpongeBob's character that I can't put my finger on. Regardless, I really like the turn this episode takes. How Squidward ends up following his own advice becoming freakisly normal was a perfect way to end the episode! His normal appearance scaring SpongeBob back to his old self was a hilarious plot twist indeed. I really do like the 2nd half of the episode. The first half established SpongeBob's character well, whereas the 2nd half is the main conflict, where SpongeBob tries to revert back to his old self. It's a very entertaining episode overall, and is certainly one of the more memorable ones of this Season.

5. Krabby Road
Original Airdate: 3-3-2008
Plot: Plankton ends up forming a band with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward, in an attempt to find out the Krabby Patty formula.
Main Characters: Plankton, SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward

This is a nice change from a standard Plankton episode. Heck, this is one of the best Plankton episodes out there. It starts with an unfamiliar setting, within a prison (Showing off the aftermath of what happens to Plankton after stealing the formula). I like the mood and tone in this part of the episode. It plays up to a somewhat dark, suspenseful scene, leading up to a hilarious quote "Sure, it helps to lock it."

This episode is a nice treat. When most Plankton episodes focuses on him trying to physically stealing the formula, trying to get the formula out of SpongeBob was a nice little twist to allow the plotline of Plankton forming a band to occur. Not to mention, I enjoy how Plankton formed a band of his own as a kid, with bad results. Ultimately, this episode is a great blend between a fresh, new plot, and tons of funny jokes. A lot of the attempts Plankton makes to get the formula are really funny, something not too common in a SpongeBob episode (Multiple attempts_. I really like SpongeBob in this episode. I think his naive nature, and excitement to be in the band allows for a lot of great jokes to play out, as Plankton tries to fool SpongeBob, which usually backfires. I really do think all the characters in this episode are very well written. Patrick is amusing, and I really like what the writers did with him. I'm really happy to see Squidward join in on the fun, and it's both funny and entertaining to see him get ripped. Ultimately, this episode is a true beauty. There's a lot of great elements in this episode forming a really solid episode. The plot doesn't drag on too much, and it allows for a lot of great jokes to come into play. The characters are fun to watch, and sure, while the climax/ending is predictable, there are still some new elements added to that making it ultimately, a really great episode.

4. Chum Caverns
Original Airdate: 7-18-2009
Plot: After trying to drill a tunnel to the Krusty Krab, Plankton discovers a beautiful, giant cavern, and decides to make it a part of the Chum Bucket to steal business from the Krusty Krab.
Main Characters: Plankton, Mr. Krabs, Karen, SpongeBob, Cave Dwellers
Fun Fact: Since Squidward wasn't trapped underground with the rest of the gang at the end of the episode, in an ironic turn of events, Plankton actually ends up working for the Krusty Krab (The only other episode Plankton actually worked for the Krusty Krab was The Algae's Always Greener).

Chum Caverns has always been one of my favorite episodes from Season 6. Right from when I originally saw it airing, I always found this episode to have a great setting, and atmosphere. It's more a charming episode, rather than a funny episode. The plot itself is creative, and is definitely a nice little twist of a regular Plankton episode (Kind of like Krabs a la Mode done in a different direction, if you ask me). The setting of the caverns is well designed, and I even like the Cave Dwellers. They are nasty creatures, and are supposed to be gross, yet I've always found them to be charming characters. I just find this episode appealing. The story is simple, and it's enjoyable. There are definitely some jokes I like, such as how much of a slob Patrick is when eating, as well as the ridiculous hat SpongeBob picks up from the Gift Shop. Though the episode does have kind of a sloppy climax, and a weak ending, the majority of this episode is well done and enjoyable. Definitely one of the most memorable episodes of the season/

3. Suction Cup Symphony
Original Airdate: 3-6-2008
Plot: Squidward tries to write a Symphony for a contest, but SpongeBob and Patrick keep distracting him.
Main Characters: Squidward, Patrick, SpongeBob
Fun Fact: Patrick goes through at least 8 different procedures in the process of fixing his rear end.

Oh my, I don't believe there's ever been a Top __ Best Episodes of Season 6, without this episode being on the list. This definitely one of the greatest episodes of Season 6, and is one of my personal favorites of the entire series! Suction Cup Symphony has a brilliant mix of funny jokes, great visual gags, a memorable song (Even if it's instrumental), an original plot, and a fantastic ending! This is one of the best quality episodes in the Season! I think this episode is completely amazing. Everything that makes an Amazing episode amazing, is done perfectly in this episode. First off, the plot of this episode is a new, original plot not yet done in the series. The plot itself pretty decent, and it perfectly fits Squidward's character. But the jokes...oh, the jokes. There's a subplot in this episode, and that is that Patrick broke his butt, after Squidward had pushed SpongeBob & Patrick out his window. So, rather than have the 2 intentionally annoy Squidward, SpongeBob plays doctor, and tries to help out Patrick, while causing tons of ridiculously loud noises to occur, distracting Squidward from writing his symphony. I believe the middle of this episode was paced very well. It doesn't drag on, yet it doesn't feel as if it's completely short. Then, Squidward's symphony is excepted. What starts out as a serious performance, out of nowhere, SpongeBob & Patrick appear, and reenact what they did earlier. This is not done in a frustrating, random way. Instead, it's done in a very clever way. How? Squidward wrote their noises into the Symphony, so that means, they show up, and make all the noises they made while Squidward was writing. The Symphony adds on to previously funny jokes, and corresponds it with the music itself allowing for a funnier, fresh take on previously done gags. This climax is done very well, and the writers did a great job not only composing Squid's symphony, but also making it funny at the same time, but not to the point where it's super annoying. In the end, everyone surprisingly loves it, and cheers on Squidward's name, exactly what Squidward wanted. It's a grand, satisfying ending, to an awesome episode.

2. Krusty Krushers*
Original Airdate: 11-28-2008
Plot: Mr. Krabs puts SpongeBob & Patrick into a wrestling match to win the big cash prize
Main Characters: Mr. Krabs, Giant Wrestlers, SpongeBob, Patrick
Fun Fact: Ironically enough, despite breaking his butt in Suction Cup Symphony, the strongest bone in Patrick's body is his Gluteus Maximus.

Oh boy, what a funny episode! The story itself is a nice change of scenery, with this newly introduced Wrestling Center. The plot is simple, and allows for a lot of hilarious jokes to occur as a result. I really love SpongeBob & Patrick in this episode. They're both really funny characters, what with them being so naive to their actual danger. The Giant Wrestlers are very memorable characters, and I really find them amusing and entertaining. The episode is just constantly pouring out new jokes. Just the way the Giant Wrestlers fight is funny itself. Even better, the fact that SpongeBob & Patrick successfully manage to defeat these wrestlers, thanks to the hilarious Iron Buns makes the episode even more hilarious. This episode just cranks out nonstop comedy. Even better, Krabs gets his comeuppance at the end of the episode, for putting SpongeBob and Patrick into a dangerous situation, when SpongeBob & Patrick chose to attend Wrestle Camp, rather than choosing the cash prize is hilarious. By far one of the greatest episodes in this Season!

Before we go to our Number 1 pick, here are a few honorable mentions.

Ditchin'
Highlight: The exciting climax with SpongeBob in the swamp
Worst Part: Patrick's disregard for SpongeBob

Grandpappy the Pirate
Highlight: The attempts SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs make to fool Grandpappy into thinking Krabs is a pirate.
Worst Part: Krabs breaking down

Overbooked
Highlight: The execution of the plot
Worst Part: Krabs and Patrick treating SpongeBob like a jerk

No Hat for Pat
Highlight: Patrick's character
Worst Part: Squidward's suffering

Single Cell Anniversary
Highlight: The Song
Worst Part: SpongeBob teaching Plankton how to say love

And, the Number 1 best episode of SpongeBob's Sixth Season is...

1. Sand Castles in the Sand
Original Airdate: 3-16-2009
Plot: SpongeBob & Patrick have a war after a fight breaks out between the two regarding their Sand Castles they built at Goo Lagoon
Main Characters: SpongeBob, Patrick
Fun Fact: The Sand General SpongBob designs is modeled after a human, strangely enough, instead of a fish.

By far, the most creative episode in this entire series. The writers go full out creative when it comes to this episode. From small little details that form into memorable gags, like the sand General, or the sand Gargoyles, to the big details that are important to the episode's plot like the sand robot, or the sand pilot. The writers did a marvelous job creating this episode, as it's full of great jokes and visual humor. The conflict itself is set up naturally, with the fight breaking out between SpongeBob and Patrick in a manner that's similar to sibling rivalries. This works out perfectly, as it is the type of childish behavior you'd expect with SpongeBob and Patrick's personality. The episode itself is exciting, full of great action packed sequences, and a lot of great jokes to blend in with the story. The story itself is kind of like an Ed Edd n' Eddy, or a Rugrats episode. It manages to take something familiar from your childhood (In this case, Sandcastles), and manages to make it into something much bigger, and more grand than reality can handle (In this case, all the things sand can do in this episode). The episode's pacing is done very well too. Never do I ever feel like things are dragged out, or too fast to handle, it's done in a perfect pace. Outside of the main theme, there's even some funny jokes during the plot's setup. Patrick kicking sand in someone's mouth by accident, the joke about Frisbee being a copyrighted name, the destruction of the lifeguard's stand, a lot of these jokes are really funny, and help set up SpongeBob and Patrick's sand castle building. Patrick isn't a gigantic jerk in this episode either. He's a jerk in a way that you can understand. It's like a sibling rivalry as mentioned before. SpongeBob destroys Patrick's castle to help him build a better castle, but Patrick takes it personally, and destroys SpongeBob's following castle. The 2 then start competing each other to create a bigger, and better castle. The castles are very creative and well designed. The 2 start to battle, and really the rest of the episode is just the two battling. I really like watching the battles. They're well done, creative, and entertaining. Eventually, after the 2 are injured severely, SpongeBob & Patrick decide to make a truce after all the chaos they've caused. But, they get the consequence they deserve for wrecking the beach with their antics, and the two start another rivalry to see how fast they can clean up the beach. It's a perfect episode, and does a great job being creative, funny, and relatable in a way. It's definitely the best episode of SpongeBob's Sixth Season.

https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=NCwPOuad5vdyzF1OM1%2BKfm%2FejcjScJ6JSph2Z2dr2X4%3D

So there you have it. My picks for the Top 10 Best Season 6 SpongeBob Episodes. While SpongeBob's Sixth Season is highly regarded as the worst Season in the show's history, I personally believe the show's Seventh Season is the worst one in the show's history. And that's just what we'll be covering, next time, on my picks for the Top 10 Worst Season 7 SpongeBob Episodes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

While my Top 10 Best list certainly wasn't that good (Heck, I screwed up Komputer Overload with Chum Bucket Supreme), I'm still proud of my bottom 10 list. Any thoughts, comments, or opinions, just share them, and stay tuned for my best list, the Top 10 Worst Episodes of SpongeBob's Seventh Season.

Klu

Moby Dollar
The top Best list was... surprising, to say the least.
It's just I really hate this season I hardly can find 10 good episodes in it, but my opinion is more biased and less rational, so yeah.

I was surprised not to see "Gone" in "best" list, btw.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
At least you were trying to be more analytic around this time. I hope the Season 7 list isn’t predictable as all get-out though. Yes, the worst episodes have gotten all the flak they’ve deserved, but when most of the season is bad, the honourable mentions will seem to pile up.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
EmployeeAMillion said:
At least you were trying to be more analytic around this time. I hope the Season 7 list isn’t predictable as all get-out though. Yes, the worst episodes have gotten all the flak they’ve deserved, but when most of the season is bad, the honourable mentions will seem to pile up.
I checked, there are definitely some predictable choices, but there are some surprises, especially higher on the list.

Back