Best and Worst Episodes of 2017

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Since 2017 has ended, what do you think are the best and worst episodes of the year. Here’s my lists.

Worst

5. Plankton Retires - Pretty dull and boring episode with no humor and a stupid twist.

4. House Worming - Again dull and boring episode. However this one is also pretty disturbing as well. The short was okay but doesn’t save the episode.

3. Out of the Picture - Mr. Krabs is extremely unlikeable here. I felt uncomfortable watching this one.

2. Pat the Horse - Really stupid episode. Beginning felt childish. Was not very funny. Pretty bad way to end off the year.

1. Sportz? - Terrible. Nothing redeemable. Just characters hurting each other over and over again.

Dishonorable Mentions
There's a Sponge in My Soup
Man Ray Returns
Scavenger Pants
Krabby Patty Creature Feature
Patrick's Coupon
Cuddle E. Hugs

Best

5. Spin the Bottle - Pretty underrated episode with some funny parts like Plankton making everyone’s wish come true and the ending.

4. Spot Returns - An amazing sequel to Plankton’s Pet. This one took the Pet or Pests plot and did it right. Karen’s cute overload was pretty funny, as well as Mr. Krabs watching over Patrick. It’s also pretty adorable and my favorite of Season 11.

3. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? - A fantastic special and 200th episode. While not really funny, it has an amazing story. I really appreciate that. And in the same season as ScumBob You’re Fired, that’s really amazing. Overall a fantastic way to end off a great season (in airing order).

2. Feral Friends - Felt like a Season 2 episode through and through. We get good Patchy segments, and a very weird yet amusing main plot. I really liked the adventure here. The ending is questionable but doesn’t take away from this brilliant Season 10 masterpiece.

1. Mimic Madness - Absolutely phenomenal episode. Has clever humor, likeable characters, an amazing song, and a great story. Overall a fantastic episode and the best of Season 10 and 2017.

Honorable Mentions
Teacher's Pests
Burst Your Bubble
Unreal Estate
SpongeBob's Place
The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom
Squid Noir

That’s my list. What’s your list? I’m very curious to know what you think of 2017 as a whole in terms of SpongeBob.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Favorites:

1. Squid Noir
2. Feral Friends
3. There's Sponge in my soup
4. Teacher's Pests
5. Mimic Madness (while good, really overrated)
Honorable mentions:
(Plankton gets the Boot, Krabby Patty Creature Feature, Spot Returns, Man Ray Returns etc. We had many great episodes in 2017! :D)
Stinkers:
1. Pat the Horse (you can't imagine how much I hate this one)
2. Sportz

Just Weak:
1. The Clam Whisperer
2. Patrick's Coupon
3. Cuddle.E Huggs

Dishonorable mentions:
(Snooze your Loose, WhirlyBrains)

2017 was prerry good year for SpongeBob. While we had two really bad episodes, even those had energy and lighthearted tone, things that season 5-8 lacked. I really excited for the rest of the season and looking forward to the news about third movie.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Top 5:

5. Goodbye Krabby Patty: Really amazing story, fairly emotional to some extent, perfect charatization, and accurate to problems today in the real world. Very well-done episode

4. Feral Friends: Great plot, very funny, and we got to see Sandy be the main character for once and it works well. The characters turning into their de-evolved version was great and a very good idea, as was the stuff they did with the french narrator. Quite funny too.

3. The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom: Amazing visuals and atmosphere, and a very funny episode with perfect charatization. There wasn't much of a story in the first half, but the story was great in the second half

2. Squid Noir: Absolutetly amazing atmosphere that really gets the atmosphere of an old mystery movie right, amazing plot that always does it right, and having it be the jellyfish is both realistic and probably pretty unpredictable (I already saw a few pictures from the color week thing before it aired, so I already knew it was the jellyfish. But it seemed pretty unpredictable), very funny (espicially the scene with Bubble Bass and the action figure fight), PERFECT charatization of everyone, espicially Squidward, it all worked amazingly. Defitenly top 50 of the whole series! Best episode of Season 11

1. Mimic Madness: This episode is truly amazing and I was blown away by it's amazingness the first time I watched it. The episode has perfect charatization again, while also using all of the main characters except Gary for an important use in the episode, very funny, amazing visuals, great atmoshpere, amazing song, emotional, great plot, and great voice acting! This episode is so amazing! It has everything and no major flaws! Not only the best episode of the year and of Season 10, but one of the best episodes of all time and is in my top 10.

4 and 5 are basically interchangable

Honorable Mentions:
Teacher's Pests
There's a Sponge in my Soup
The Getaway
Lost and Found
Man Ray Returns (IDC what people say about this episode)

Worst:

(Not gonna go to much into depth on a lot of these since I want to finish this post now)

5. Snooze you Lose: Just meh. Honestly, this episode could have been just average to me if it weren't for one thing - the horrible terrible abomination that is the burping in the first three minutes. The sound of burps is absoluteltly unbearable to me, I serisualy
can't stand it, and this episode has constant extremely loud burping for the first three minutes that ruins the entire episode for me. It's extremely under-talked-about. Even outside of that though, this episode is really very unspecial and forgettable, although there were some very good jokes here, such as "You know, normally I jump up and scream when you do that. But I'm so tired I'll just take your stupid advice".

4. Whirlybrains: Just a great example of pure meh to me, Poor story, not very funny, not a fan of the animation style (while the animation is good, I don't like the style very much), very bland, little too childish, and so on...... honestly I have very little to say about this. Average and Meh episodes usually give me the least to talk about unless my opinion is very unpopular.

3. The Clam Whisperer: Another episode that is extremely meh to me. It wasn't outright terrible to me, but I can't say I enjoyed it at all. Very annoying, same plot as its sister episode but executed way poorly and with clams instead of a cave sponge, not very funny (I liked some of the Mr Krabs wanting the pearls gags, and the Woe Is Me gag, but that's it), poor charactization (Patrick and Squidward being the two worst charactized), bland, boring, etc.

2. Patrick's Coupon: Bad episode disguised by the absolutetly amazing visuals that are so great even by Season 10-11 standards that it brings the whole thing up to just a meh. I have two major problems that harm the episode for me. One is that the whole episode has mostly little kids type humor that almost nobody past like the age of 8 would enjoy. The second is that the plot is executed poorly. Patrick randomly ruins Spongebob's ice cream so that he can "nicely" get Spongebob an Ice Cream using his coupon, and the rhe rest of the episode makes you want to feel for Patrick and make you really want him to get that Ice Cream for Spongebob, But Patrick rudely causing the whole problem in the first place just ruins it, and it doesn't help that, outside of one joke, the episode's humor is that little kids type thing that I can't find funny.

1. Sportz?: You can just tell that this episode was made entirely as an advertisement for the Kids Choice Sports Award. They hyped this episode about as much as Spongebob Roundpants back in the day when that garbage aired, and this episode was hyped just as much as the awards show themselves (Hmm........ maybe the awards show sucked too?), and was hyped even more than The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom, which was a SPECIAL! And this episode really failed. Clearly rushed, very annoying to watch, terrible charatization, bad humor as it's the same jokes over and over again, bad plot, boring, poor pacing (Sandy doesn't even show up until the last four minutes), Spongebob and Patrick go through so much pain for no reason, and, while the visuals and animation were still pretty good, it was defitenly worse than the rest of Season 10-11. So many things done wrong with this, should as Spongebob and Patrick being way too stupid, from doing all these sports and letting themselves be hurt, to not even checking all sides of the box to see that it was intended for Sandy, Squidward being an unlikeable jerk here who hurt Spongebob and Patrick so much here for no reason, the whole episode is really nothing but bad slapstick jokes, and so on. I'm not sure whether to call this a bad or terrible episode, but yeah, very bad episode :patboo:

I have a theory that this episode was both forced to be made as an advertisement and then rushed as well, severly hurting the quality of the episode, but yeah....... I'll go more in-depth maybe another time unless somebody really wants me to.

Dishonorable mentions:
Out of the Picture
Cuddle E. Huggs
Stuck on the Roof
Plankton Retires

(Oh, and sorry for the poor spelling with some words in this that makes the reasons look really stupid)

Wow, I wasted a lot of time on this.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Favourite: The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom
Least Favourite: Out of the Picture (you’d think they’d learn after One Coarse Meal that Mr Krabs wanting a character dead wouldn’t be a funny joke)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Best:
1. Teacher's Pests
2. Feral Friends
3. Goodbye, Krabby Patty?
4. Squid Noir
5. The Checkup

Worst:
1. Sportz? (2nd worst episode ever)
2. Code Yellow
3. Patrick's Coupon
4. Krusty Katering
5. Man Ray Returns

(Haven't seen Pat the Horse)

Over all this was a bad year for SpongeBob. Only 2 of the top 5 episodes impressed me much and there was a lot of bad episodes to choose from for the bottom 5. Although the season 11 episodes were more tolerable than the season 10 ones.

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Favorite: MermaidPants

Worst: Sportz?,Mutiny on the Krusty,Plankton Retires
Mutiny and Mermaid Pants were 2016.
Top 5:

5. Goodbye Krabby Patty: Really amazing story, fairly emotional to some extent, perfect charatization, and accurate to problems today in the real world. Very well-done episode

4. Feral Friends: Great plot, very funny, and we got to see Sandy be the main character for once and it works well. The characters turning into their de-evolved version was great and a very good idea, as was the stuff they did with the french narrator. Quite funny too.

3. The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom: Amazing visuals and atmosphere, and a very funny episode with perfect charatization. There wasn't much of a story in the first half, but the story was great in the second half

2. Squid Noir: Absolutetly amazing atmosphere that really gets the atmosphere of an old mystery movie right, amazing plot that always does it right, and having it be the jellyfish is both realistic and probably pretty unpredictable (I already saw a few pictures from the color week thing before it aired, so I already knew it was the jellyfish. But it seemed pretty unpredictable), very funny (espicially the scene with Bubble Bass and the action figure fight), PERFECT charatization of everyone, espicially Squidward, it all worked amazingly. Defitenly top 50 of the whole series! Best episode of Season 11

1. Mimic Madness: This episode is truly amazing and I was blown away by it's amazingness the first time I watched it. The episode has perfect charatization again, while also using all of the main characters except Gary for an important use in the episode, very funny, amazing visuals, great atmoshpere, amazing song, emotional, great plot, and great voice acting! This episode is so amazing! It has everything and no major flaws! Not only the best episode of the year and of Season 10, but one of the best episodes of all time and is in my top 10.

4 and 5 are basically interchangable

Honorable Mentions:
Teacher's Pests
There's a Sponge in my Soup
The Getaway
Lost and Found
Man Ray Returns (IDC what people say about this episode)

Worst:

(Not gonna go to much into depth on a lot of these since I want to finish this post now)

5. Snooze you Lose: Just meh. Honestly, this episode could have been just average to me if it weren't for one thing - the horrible terrible abomination that is the burping in the first three minutes. The sound of burps is absoluteltly unbearable to me, I serisualy
can't stand it, and this episode has constant extremely loud burping for the first three minutes that ruins the entire episode for me. It's extremely under-talked-about. Even outside of that though, this episode is really very unspecial and forgettable, although there were some very good jokes here, such as "You know, normally I jump up and scream when you do that. But I'm so tired I'll just take your stupid advice".

4. Whirlybrains: Just a great example of pure meh to me, Poor story, not very funny, not a fan of the animation style (while the animation is good, I don't like the style very much), very bland, little too childish, and so on...... honestly I have very little to say about this. Average and Meh episodes usually give me the least to talk about unless my opinion is very unpopular.

3. The Clam Whisperer: Another episode that is extremely meh to me. It wasn't outright terrible to me, but I can't say I enjoyed it at all. Very annoying, same plot as its sister episode but executed way poorly and with clams instead of a cave sponge, not very funny (I liked some of the Mr Krabs wanting the pearls gags, and the Woe Is Me gag, but that's it), poor charactization (Patrick and Squidward being the two worst charactized), bland, boring, etc.

2. Patrick's Coupon: Bad episode disguised by the absolutetly amazing visuals that are so great even by Season 10-11 standards that it brings the whole thing up to just a meh. I have two major problems that harm the episode for me. One is that the whole episode has mostly little kids type humor that almost nobody past like the age of 8 would enjoy. The second is that the plot is executed poorly. Patrick randomly ruins Spongebob's ice cream so that he can "nicely" get Spongebob an Ice Cream using his coupon, and the rhe rest of the episode makes you want to feel for Patrick and make you really want him to get that Ice Cream for Spongebob, But Patrick rudely causing the whole problem in the first place just ruins it, and it doesn't help that, outside of one joke, the episode's humor is that little kids type thing that I can't find funny.

1. Sportz?: You can just tell that this episode was made entirely as an advertisement for the Kids Choice Sports Award. They hyped this episode about as much as Spongebob Roundpants back in the day when that garbage aired, and this episode was hyped just as much as the awards show themselves (Hmm........ maybe the awards show sucked too?), and was hyped even more than The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom, which was a SPECIAL! And this episode really failed. Clearly rushed, very annoying to watch, terrible charatization, bad humor as it's the same jokes over and over again, bad plot, boring, poor pacing (Sandy doesn't even show up until the last four minutes), Spongebob and Patrick go through so much pain for no reason, and, while the visuals and animation were still pretty good, it was defitenly worse than the rest of Season 10-11. So many things done wrong with this, should as Spongebob and Patrick being way too stupid, from doing all these sports and letting themselves be hurt, to not even checking all sides of the box to see that it was intended for Sandy, Squidward being an unlikeable jerk here who hurt Spongebob and Patrick so much here for no reason, the whole episode is really nothing but bad slapstick jokes, and so on. I'm not sure whether to call this a bad or terrible episode, but yeah, very bad episode :patboo:

I have a theory that this episode was both forced to be made as an advertisement and then rushed as well, severly hurting the quality of the episode, but yeah....... I'll go more in-depth maybe another time unless somebody really wants me to.

Dishonorable mentions:
Out of the Picture
Cuddle E. Huggs
Stuck on the Roof
Plankton Retires

(Oh, and sorry for the poor spelling with some words in this that makes the reasons look really stupid)

Wow, I wasted a lot of time on this.
Whirly Brains was 2016.

Back