Dr. WhoBruh's Top 15 Best Post-Second Movie Episodes

And I thought I'd never make a SpongeBob list again. Guess I was wrong. :3

Yep, I'm making this and hopefully I'll be darn good at it. I'll talk about how I feel about the show these days in some other time but right now, I wanna talk about the PSM episodes I loved more. Now that we have enough PSM episodes, it's time to count them all for which episode is the best of the best. I definitely plan to finish this this year and I hope you all enjoy it. It's coming soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Well, we've got a year and a half worth of episodes to cover. I suppose I'll check this out. Heck, maybe I might try to make a list.

time to start this eh?

0.png

I'm not going to lie. This episode had me worried. Scratch that, this episode had potential to be exteremely awful and annoying. If there's one thing I hated what they did with Mr. Krabs is that he loves money more than anything else. His love for money was always there at the begining of the series but as the show went on (even in pre-movie era), Mr. Krabs cared more about having little money and not spending it at all than his actual life. Remember Penny Foolish when Mr. Krabs would do just ANYTHING to get a penny that he doesn't even need since he has a crap ton of money and that penny doesn't exactly exist? Or SpongeBob, You're Fired when he fires the guy that makes the most money for him for one f**king nickle? That crap right there shows how unhealthy Mr. Krabs is. He'll even commit crime to get one dime that doesn't matter that much when he's filthy rich. Heck, he doesn't even spend his money. What kind of richness is this? We are going off-topic here heh. The point is that marrying with a money is actually the next level for Mr. Krabs' horrid characterization over the past year. What did this episode do? THEY ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE. Well, sort of. It doesn't exactly call out Mr. Krabs for his money obsession but it does tell us that Mr. Krabs is one lonely person. I liked the fact that money is a reminder of Mr. Krabs' loneliness. Of course he has a daughter and an employee that adores him but that's not enough for him. Eventually Pearl will start her own life AND SpongeBob has a life aside from being a fry cook. All Mr. Krabs have is money. He doesn't even seem to connect with his navy friends or anything. His grandpa is greedier than him and he doesn't care about him that much, that also explains his love for money and not caring for anthing else. He is desperate to find true love, so he doesn't have to be alone. He meets a money named Cashina and he falls in love with him because she's just a money. Turns out it's Plankton in disguise, he manipulates Mr. Krabs, so he can spill the beans about the formula. We see at the end of the episode that Mr. Krabs starts crying and his tears ruin Plankton's disguise and s*** hits Mr. Krabs. Plankton tells Mr. krabs he's crazy when Mr. Krabs asked him If he felt the same. That right there was a big gut punch. Mr. Krabs sort of becomes aware that his obsession with money makes him more miserable. That right there is a fine character study for a silly kids cartoon. This show is full of nonsensical, unreal and weird stuff; so Mr. Krabs actually being hurt because of his obsession with money works and it's totally in character. This episode could have gotten ugly if Mr. Krabs married with actual money that doesn't speak and he starts being jerk to everyone else but they took the sad road and that developed Mr. Krabs. This show doesn't need continuty or character study at all but when they make episodes of studying on characters, often they are some of the show's strongest aspects (Band Geeks, Have You Seen My Snail, Dying For Pie, Christmas Who, Texas etc). And I appreciate that they actually pulled off a sad ending. I prefer the show being optimistic and happy but this one time ending when not everything is solved is completely fine If you write your story well for the characters (reminder most of bad episodes of this show end with misery, so yea.). Also one small detail but after this episode, Mr. krabs started to hook up with Mrs. Puff more. Like I said the show doesn't need continuty and I'm not sure if this was done intentionally or not but I love that Mr. Krabs is kind of in the right path with Mrs. Puff because he actually have feelings for her and that's not because of her money. I do hope they are together more (with no drama of course), that's the only continuty I'd be happy for. So this episode is a great because it develops Mr. Krabs' character and it uses sad ending so d*mn well.

Squid_noir.jpg

You can not tell me otherwise that this isn't the best Squidward centric episode in years because it is. I mean I liked Squid Plus One but it wasn't all that great. What about others? Sold was pretty mediocre to me. Sportz was a big empty space at worst. Is Snooze You Loose really a Squidward episode? Even if so, painfully mediocre. No other choice, this episode rocks!!! Except for the beginning, which played out like a typical annoying and loud SpongeBob episode. After they turned the episode black and white, that's when the episode knew what It meant to be. I've read in episode discussion topic that after Squidward sees his clarinet is stolen, that changes the tone into a serious one. The episode is still comedic but everything feels sad, quiet and disturbingly calm for the most part. That shows how Squidward values music. Granted, he sucks at it and he has an ego that he's good with music but he does have a passion for music and clarinet brings the brightness in his life. When that gets stolen, colors fade away, joy stops and boom, you have a detective story. It's quite interesting actually. SpongeBob is also in the episode as Squidward's detective partner but Squidward is still the center of the story, yet his presence is delightful. I'm a sucker for SpongeBob/Squidward dynamic when it's done right and this episode nailed at that. It knew what their roles were supposed to be. SpongeBob is the optimistic and playful guy and Squidward is the pessimistic and moody guy. Neither are jerks to each other and they highlight each other. SpongeBob shows goodness and optimism to Squidward's face without hurtng him of course, whereas Squidward makes sarcastic comments on SpongeBob's goofy behaviour without being mean. The comedy is so on point. It wasn't all gut bustingly funny but it gave me enough laughs and chuckles to remind me that even when it parodies a serious genre, this is still SpongeBob. SpongeBob telling suspects are friends who haven't been charged? Genius joke right there. SpongeBob vs Bubble Bass and how that turned out? Good fast paced gag without being over the top slapstick. Playinh both good cops to Mr. Krabs? It turns SpongeBob/Squidward dynamic into comedy. I can not praise enough for doing nearly everything right here. And Squidward actually got a happy ending. I knew it was coming judging by the non-audio leaked video but it makes me smile that even someone as grumpy and egotistical as Squidward deserves happiness in his life. I liked how SpongeBob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs supported him, even though they had to plug their ears. It's a bit disrespectful but I can't blame them for not wanting to hear bad music. Ther presence still matters. I can't talk too much about how they handled the mystery here since again, I saw how it ended but I assume jellywishes stealing Squidward's clarinet isn't all that predictable lmao. One last thing. Praise to Roger Bumpass for voicing Squidward calmer to fit the tone of a crime noir film. I really expect them to parody more genres if they make it as enjoyable and funny as this episode. You don't even need to see crime noir films to love this. This is a good piece of work.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I actually thought this was even better than #14. That episode was great.

Excluding exact number placements though, I agree with both of these so far, both with them being on this list and what you said about them.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
If I did a list like this it would probably be called "Top 15 season 9b episodes, guest starring Feral Friends and Teacher's Pests" lol.

Anyways Married to Money and Squid Noir are both very good episodes (Married to Money especially) even if they wouldn't make my top 15. Married to Money is a great character piece for Mr. Krabs and Squid Noir has a great detective style even if the beginning is overly zany.

I find it kinda funny how ever since Pieguy said he didn't like Married to Money it's become more and more of an unpopular episode but I stand by me thinking it's a great episode. (The ending works people)

0.png

If somebody told me that SpongeBob was doing an episode about social websites, I'd tell them "welp, the show has run out of ideas". For a show that has been going on for almost two decades, injecting modern culture into the show and ESPECIALLY focusing on that would be a big mistake. If you really want to keep this show going on for years, at least make it timeless. Or else, adding modern culture would be a big cringe. Remember Fairly OddParents with duck lips, twerking or Poof being Donald Trump? Nobody wants that. So I was a bit worried when I've heard of this episode. Luckily enough, they managed to make this work. This episode tackles on people talking on social websites, yet there's no one using any smartphone or there's no wifi in Krusty Krab. There's just a bulletin board, which Bikini Bottomies use to add some comments on Krusty Krab. Later on, bulletin board is used to hurt people's feelings with unnecessary criticism and that's actually true in social websites. We criticise people that we don't know for no reason, other than to hurt them. That's when Patrick had a role here, he's the big troll of bulletin board. And I gotta say, I loved the fact that Patrick wasn't a complete jerk. He still hurted people but he felt regret towards it. He even decided to destroy the board. People said Patrick being the troll was predictable, I mean yes it was but it was meant to be obvious. You see Patrick dropping those comments and not feeling so great about it mostly. There was no mystery behind who was the troll, so I can't exactly complain that the twist was predictable because there was no twist. Patrick felt like a real person in this episode, instead of a one dimensional dumb jerk. I loved they used Bubble Bass here too. I'm a bit overgrown by Bubble Bass cameos but he was used properly here. If you remember Pickles, he was the guy that made all these mean comments on SpongeBob, so it shouldn't be a big surprise he wouldn't have a role in bulletin board. I haven't seen this episode in a while but I remember how clever and funny the entire plot was. The commentary on social websites and trolling was spot on with the show keeping its tone and characterization of Patrick was a big plus. I'm so surprised how this episode managed to be one of my all-time favorite Post Second Movie episodes and I give a big credit for Jack Pendarvis, this episode was his last episode and he left the show with a gem.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
The modern touch to this would really place it in my top 5 post-sequel, nothing wrong with it at all unless you hate the troll being extremely obvious but if it wasn't then some of the plot in the middle of the episode wouldn't have meshed well so I can forgive it, and it was easily one of the funnier episodes in recent memory.

Trophy said:
The modern touch to this would really place it in my top 5 post-sequel, nothing wrong with it at all unless you hate the troll being extremely obvious but if it wasn't then some of the plot in the middle of the episode wouldn't have meshed well so I can forgive it, and it was easily one of the funnier episodes in recent memory.
If they fit it in SpongeBob's silly world, I'm perfectly fine with some more social commentary on this show.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
That's another one that I think should br even higher. That's my second favorite post-sequel episode. I'm actually amazed that they made an episode that's basically a metaphor on the internet, and actually made it really good and about the problems of the internet and how people act, rather than making it super cringe. Espicially considering it's Nickelodeon, the last company that I'd expect to do this right.

Also, isn't this episode written by Mculloch?

Wintermelon43 said:
That's another one that I think should br even higher. That's my second favorite post-sequel episode. I'm actually amazed that they made an episode that's basically a metaphor on the internet, and actually made it really good and about the problems of the internet and how people act, rather than making it super cringe. Espicially considering it's Nickelodeon, the last company that I'd expect to do this right.

Also, isn't this episode written by Mculloch?
no, it's written by Jack Pendarvis.

Back