Christmas is Coming

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Growlie

Velma.exe Has stopped working.

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:23 AM

The holidays now are all about shopping! If people just ordered online, then Black Friday would stop. I can't even believe this Gray November shrimp that was announced. When did the holidays become about getting some stupid deal and getting in fights with people? 

#27 SpongeBobfan1987

Bright as a sunny day.

• Members
  • 2410 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:03 PM

The holidays now are all about shopping! If people just ordered online, then Black Friday would stop. I can't even believe this Gray November shrimp that was announced. When did the holidays become about getting some stupid deal and getting in fights with people? 

I agree. The fights over the last Nintendo Switch console in the store need to stop before someone gets hurt! They should not worry, as there are other stores that carry it and, soon, more consoles will be back in stock. There have been times when the fights escalated, leading to police intervention.

#28 President Squidward

england is my providence

• Clips Mods
  • 12517 posts
  • Location:Seriously ? with spong bob way ! Limited t-shirts !! Buy now !

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:20 PM

I would order online if sites like Amazon actually had things I wanted that's store exclusive. I mean, yes, stores have their own sites and my mom usually orders things online during Christmas, but some things I get were bought inside a store. It amazes me how Amazon is doing better than stores such as Macy's in general when...

A: Amazon doesn't have everything

B: If you bought clothes from a store than online, you can go in the dressing room to see if it fits you instead of buying something online, doesn't fit and you have to return it and buy another size and wait more days on it.

Also, people should just buy stuff on another day. That's what my family does. :P

Edited by President Squidward, 12 November 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#29 spongedude

The Librarian

• Admins
  • 3542 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

Or...

Christmas isn't really about buying a bunch of junk, is it?  :unsure:

#30 Growlie

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

I would order online if sites like Amazon actually had things I wanted that's store exclusive. I mean, yes, stores have their own sites and my mom usually orders things online during Christmas, but some things I get were bought inside a store. It amazes me how Amazon is doing better than stores such as Macy's in general when...

A: Amazon doesn't have everything
B: If you bought clothes from a store than online, you can go in the dressing room to see if it fits you instead of buying something online, doesn't fit and you have to return it and buy another size and wait more days on it.

Also, people should just buy stuff on another day. That's what my family does. :P

Well, I kinda meant online shopping in general. I don't expect everyone to shop on Amazon. And yes, I've gotten only acouple of things from Ebay that I couldn't find on Amazon.

#31 Mister Absorbency

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

I'm not sure if our British friends can corroborate this, but when I lived in England almost ten years ago, Thanksgiving wasn't a national holiday like it is in America. Obviously, American ex-pats & students abroad like myself celebrated it in our own way, but we essentially had a two-month lead into Christmas. Which didn't upset me much. I love the holiday cheer. :)

But if you want to get technical, the Christmas season starts with the beginning of Advent. Black Friday is a perversion of the Christmas spirit, in my book.

Yes,it does start with advent

I agree. The fights over the last Nintendo Switch console in the store need to stop before someone gets hurt! They should not worry, as there are other stores that carry it and, soon, more consoles will be back in stock. There have been times when the fights escalated, leading to police intervention.

I agree that there shouldn't be fights over it,but if people want it they should wait for Raincheck or pre-ordering it like I did

Or...

I agree,even though i'm getting presents what matters that day is That Jesus was born

#32 TheLocalAquatic

Yaoi Shipper <3

• Members
  • 1283 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

Or...

Considering people celebrate commercialized Christmas regardless of faith (should they even have one in the first place)...I'd say it is, yeah.

Doesn't mean Christmas can't still be meaningful in some other way; Christians have Jesus, and others may use it as a means of signifying the importance of family, companionship and the subsequent togetherness.

#33 spongedude

The Librarian

• Admins
  • 3542 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

Considering people celebrate commercialized Christmas regardless of faith (should they even have one in the first place)...I'd say it is, yeah.

Doesn't mean Christmas can't still be meaningful in some other way; Christians have Jesus, and others may use it as a means of signifying the importance of family, companionship and the subsequent togetherness.

I'm certainly not trying to push the "Jesus is the reason for the season" shindig. That's part of it for me, but a lot of the season is, as you say, about coming together with those whom we love. I, for one, will likely be spending the holidays apart from my family this year – but I will certainly feel close to them in spirit (and we'll phone one another, obviously).

Christmas is a wonderful season for giving. I just don't believe that everything you give has to be bought from a store. That said, I realize that I'm at least 10 years older than most of my fellow members here, and I'm not saying that getting a lot of presents for Christmas is bad – the good Lord knows that I was showered with gifts as a boy. Now that I'm older, I understand how much effort my parents (and grandparents) put forth to make sure my siblings and I had happy Christmases.

Over the years, most of the toys have been broken, thrown out, or sold; but the generosity with which they were given stays with me. :)

#34 SpongeBobfan1987

Bright as a sunny day.

• Members
  • 2410 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Retailers who have brick-and-mortar locations (example: Walmart, Target, Costco) have decided to charge $1.00 or $2.00 extra to those who shop online. The reason they're doing this is because it is cheaper to deliver the merchandise to the store than to a person's home.

#35 Growlie

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

Retailers who have brick-and-mortar locations (example: Walmart, Target, Costco) have decided to charge $1.00 or $2.00 extra to those who shop online. The reason they're doing this is because it is cheaper to deliver the merchandise to the store than to a person's home.

https://www.youtube....h?v=3yEKgisVJm4

My new name for Walmart now is Walnut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users