flash games

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Squidzy

Baby Clam

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

In this topic, you can discuss the good (and the bad) about flash games. You can post links or whatever as well. Have fun!

#2 EmployeeAMillion

I'm the opposite of an idiot

• Members
  • 1880 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Since I haven't had a working PC in ages, I haven't been able to play flash games for 5 years. Most of the ones you'd find on those "FUN! KIDS! FUN! GAMES! HAPPY! TOTALLY LEGAL!" sites were alright, and some would even hold my attention for more than 10 minutes, which when you're 7, is a majority of your allowed time on a device per day.

#3 almaolsen

Baby Clam

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Flash Games are my preferable way of procrastinating (not sure if that's bad English/spelled wrong or anything, not looking it up right now). A lot of the ones I play are probably too violent to link here since I'm a fan of shooters, but Enough Plumbers is a fun puzzle-platform game.

#4 SpongeOddFan

lel

• Members
  • 2681 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

rip Adobe Flash 2020

#5 BatteryMill

Moby Dollar

• Members
  • 1475 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

One of the best things to come out of the internet, seriously. I've wasted countless hours in my younger years playing these on all the sites, and still do on places such as Coolmath and Club Penguin Rewritten. I could elaborate some more.

rip Adobe Flash 2020

TBH, please don't take that away so soon. I almost had a headache seeing all those tech journalists cheer with "Flash is finally dead" headlines that day, that forget all these great games (mobile/HTML5 favoritists?).

#6 The Drifter

Some person.

• Members
  • 6713 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Rebuild 2, Last Stand Union City, Sword and Sandals 3, and Caravaneer 2 are some of the best games I've played, that I dare say that they're comparable to full blown games in quality.

Edited by The Drifter, 30 October 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#7 Tais

Part Computer Or Something

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

The best ones I played where run 2 and 3, and the two pixel quest games.

Also the bootleg mario star scramble games are alright.

#8 TheGreatServer

The Loud House is a good show.

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

In my opinion, most flash games are just bad, They completely take away from the culture of actual games in my opinion.

#9 almaolsen

Baby Clam

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

One of the best things to come out of the internet, seriously. I've wasted countless hours in my younger years playing these on all the sites, and still do on places such as Coolmath and Club Penguin Rewritten. I could elaborate some more.

TBH, please don't take that away so soon. I almost had a headache seeing all those tech journalists cheer with "Flash is finally dead" headlines that day, that forget all these great games (mobile/HTML5 favoritists?).

I have to say, it sucks to see people legitimately happy about the end of flash. When you're the kind of person who just watches stuff on YouTube or messes around on social media, then sure, it's no problem. But for those us that grew up with sites like Newgrounds, Albinoblacksheep and others, it's not just a program being killed but a whole generation of internet also

#10 BatteryMill

Moby Dollar

• Members
  • 1475 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

I have to say, it sucks to see people legitimately happy about the end of flash. When you're the kind of person who just watches stuff on YouTube or messes around on social media, then sure, it's no problem. But for those us that grew up with sites like Newgrounds, Albinoblacksheep and others, it's not just a program being killed but a whole generation of internet also

Definitely... these people don't even acknowledge the culture and think only the modern stuff presently exists. I could respect how they say Flash has numerous security holes, has been around for ~25 years, and is quite slow in addition to lack of mobile support. The main problem is there's just a lot of games, videos and other web apps that likely won't make the jump to HTML5 with programming complexity or a lack of creator involvement presently.

TL,DR; smartphones ruined everything. I just don't really like the present mobile culture versus the 2000s computer years.

#11 Squidzy

Baby Clam

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

Definitely... these people don't even acknowledge the culture and think only the modern stuff presently exists. I could respect how they say Flash has numerous security holes, has been around for ~25 years, and is quite slow in addition to lack of mobile support. The main problem is there's just a lot of games, videos and other web apps that likely won't make the jump to HTML5 with programming complexity or a lack of creator involvement presently.

TL,DR; smartphones ruined everything. I just don't really like the present mobile culture versus the 2000s computer years.

I'd have to agree. Smartphones/Apple kinda ruined some things (not saying Apple is necessarily bad, either)

#12 Puppycat

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Newgrounds was great. I was way too young to be on it though.

#13 Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

I am with the people who are sad to see all the Flash content go. I even signed a petition to make Flash an open source. I know that petitions do not always work, but I feel like its worth a try.
Link: https://www.change.o...er-open-sourced

#14 ElectricPikachu

I don't need this shrimp. I don't need some limey FP talking to me like that. Without skipping a beat, I'll go back home, I'll work. Anybody would hire me to work in their kitchen, and they’d be proud to have me there.

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Y8.com, Miniclip, Flipline Studios, McLeodGaming, Newgrounds, CoolMath Games, were some of the gaming websites I used to play Flash games in. I don't have a computer anymore, so I can't play them again.

#15 spongie33

Cupid BFF

• Members
  • 2672 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Flipline Studios, and Primary Games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users