Super Mario Odyssey

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Now that the most anticipated Mario game for Nintendo Switch is out, I thought I'd make an official topic for it. So, for those who got this game today like I did, how are you loving it so far? Remember not to post unmarked spoilers!

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Only played a little bit so far yet, but it still seems really good. One question though: the game always mentions stuff that tell you to use some weird detached control scheme that uses motion controls. Is it possible to play the game just fine without those, or do I have to use them?

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Godly game so far. I just beat the wooded kingdom a couple of minutes ago. Better than Mario 3d land and 3d world for sure

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
MASSIVE SPOILERS
The ending where you capture Bowser was phenomenal! The 64 bit costume was a lovely addition! The Mushroom Kingdom, though small as it is, is gorgeous! It's also great they added Yoshi to capture!

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I wish I could get ahold of it and a Switch, unfortunately at the moment buying those feel like an afterthought right now. I mean, I'm not sure if there are so many issues with stock in the stores but I may have some of the money and I haven't made any big purchases in a while.

About the game itself... I can't wait to see the gameplay and the Cappy functions. Otherwise, my only gripe is that I don't get the story... hopefully I can see all about it later on.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Remove a bunch of the garbage posts from this thread. Don't bring it back

Anyways... just started Odyssey. Played if for a few hours. Spent a ton of time on the first level and went through a couple more a bit quicker. Really awesome so far. Cool worlds to explore and check out. I was using the pro controller so I might have to try out the motion stuff some too to see what that's like.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wintermelon43 said:
Only played a little bit so far yet, but it still seems really good. One question though: the game always mentions stuff that tell you to use some weird detached control scheme that uses motion controls. Is it possible to play the game just fine without those, or do I have to use them?
You can play it fine without them. Motion controls do give you extra ways to throw cappy but I've been able to do everything I need to perfectly with a pro controller.
Deadpool said:
The Poor Speaks: "Who needs this game anyways"
If you can pirate this game do so, then pay for the game when you have the money. This game must be played by everybody.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
You can play it fine without them. Motion controls do give you extra ways to throw cappy but I've been able to do everything I need to perfectly with a pro controller.

If you can pirate this game do so, then pay for the game when you have the money. This game must be played by everybody.
Oh good. I hate motion controls, I didn't want to have to use them.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Oh wow. That has to be one of the best games I've ever played. The Lost Kingdom, Luncheon Kingdom, and Metro Kingdom in particular are really fun. I'm excited to go back and see what else I can find! Unfortunately, I won't be at my mom's house until Sunday, so I just gotta wait it out until I can play some more.

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Got the game today. I'm really enjoying it so far, I really like free-roaming games and since it's Mario it's automatically one of my favourite free-roaming games because it's so different to other 3D Mario platformers. Anyways I got up to New Donk City and the final task before you leave is very fitting to an end of a session.

Back