Favorite Writer/Storyboard Artist

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Who is your favorite writer/board artist on SpongeBob? If they wrote your favorite episode, have a distinct style you like, just produce QUALITY CONTENT, etc.
Keep in mind two things
1. It's pretty hard to judge because making an episode involves so many people and I don't mean to give any one person too much credit
2. Just because you like a certain person's work does not mean anyone else is bad! This isn't a platform for stuff like "MAN EVERYONE BESIDES X WRITER SUCKS NEW WRITERS NEED TO STEP UP THEIR GAME" (inb4 post saying that exact thing lol) just celebrating people you thank for their contributions to THE CLASSICS.
hope this isn't too "divisive"
Personally, mine would have to be C.H. Greenblatt. Paired with Aaron Springer and later Kaz, he worked on Dying for Pie, Band Geeks, Wet Painters, Krusty Krab Training Video, Something Smells, The Algae's Always Greener, Shanghaied, Squidville, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, Fear of a Krabby Patty, etc. many of which I would consider some of the funniest episodes.
I also really like Sherm Cohen's work.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I feel like the Luke Brookshier & Tom King pair-up was pretty underrated. If you look at their work in seasons 4 and 5 it's almost classic episode after classic episode. Which I find really impressive considering they came into the show during a time when classic episodes started getting more rare.

OWM

XD
Besides C.H. Greenblatt, I was always a big fan of the Jay Lender/William Reiss episodes. Life of Crime, Biggest Fanatic, Pressure, Big Pink Loser, Krusty Love. All great, memorable and quotable episodes. Shame they only lasted for one season though.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Pre-Movie: I guess any Aaron Springer episode in s1-2, then later Paul Tibbitt and Kaz episodes in s3.

Post-Movie: Zeus Cervas and Erik Weise

Post-Sequel: Kaz or Andrew Goodman, John Trabbic

Reactions: Reg

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
Jay Lender being paired with everyone i.e William Reiss, Dan Povenmire and Sam Henderson resulted in epic episodes imho. :) Also Paul Tibbitt and Kent Osbourne, C.H Greenblatt and Aaron Springer/Kaz and Zeus Cervas and Erik Wiese (okay, this pairing should have stayed for much longer, they did create some classics, such as Selling Out!)

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Oh man, there have been a lot of good writers on this show. One of my, favorites is Kyle McCulloch (A criminally underrated writer), whose written tons of great episodes like Skill Crane, Pull Up a Barrel, The Sewers of Bikini Bottom, Sharks vs. Pods, Mall Girl Pearl, Bulletin Board, Sandy's Nutmare, and The Whole Tooth. It's a shame he left the series, but I am interested in seeing what he and Paul have in store for the third movie. C.H Greenblatt is also another favorite of mine, writing tons of a fantastic episodes around Seasons 2-3.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
McSpook said:
Oh man, there have been a lot of good writers on this show. One of my, favorites is Kyle McCulloch (A criminally underrated writer), whose written tons of great episodes like Skill Crane, Pull Up a Barrel, The Sewers of Bikini Bottom, Sharks vs. Pods, Mall Girl Pearl, Bulletin Board, Sandy's Nutmare, and The Whole Tooth. It's a shame he left the series, but I am interested in seeing what he and Paul have in store for the third movie. C.H Greenblatt is also another favorite of mine, writing tons of a fantastic episodes around Seasons 2-3.
Kyle McCulloch only wrote 2 of these episodes. Some of these were written by Jack Pendarvis, Clare O'Kane, Andrew Goodman, and Solomon Georgio.

I do like most of Kyle's episodes though. Especially Patrick! The Game and Sold!

Klu

Moby Dollar
McSpook said:
but I am interested in seeing what he and Paul have in store for the third movie
Now I'm not worrying about third movie anymore. Movie will be funny.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
Kyle McCulloch only wrote 2 of these episodes. Some of these were written by Jack Pendarvis, Clare O'Kane, Andrew Goodman, and Solomon Georgio.

I do like most of Kyle's episodes though. Especially Patrick! The Game and Sold!
Yeah, I thought Jack wrote Mall Girl Pearl. I shouldn't have trusted using the SpongeBob Wikia for this information, but I couldn't find Kyle in the "Cast & Crew" section of this site, so I had to resort to one of the fakest information sources out there.

Back