What do you think of Nickelodeon as a whole?

Is it?

• Total voters

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I don't find anything enjoyable about this channel since 2012, so...

...what do you think?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
As a whole, I'd say it's okay, but as of now? Oh boy... the channel is still in a huge rut. Not as bad as it was in 2013-2014, but it's still bad. Lack of variety, too many awful or cheesy sitcoms, and so little cartoons that barely get enough airtime and, after 5-10 episodes, get shoved on Nicktoons. The only two animated shows that get proper treatment are SpongeBob and The Loud House, and, personally, the only current live-action show I actually like is NRD&D. Plus, the network still makes horrible decisions like pandering the the current generation with cringeworthy memes and other things like that upcoming Henry Danger movie...

Frozo

Floating Shopping List
well currently they're (poorly) milking their old sitcoms on their new sitcoms for ratings so that's pretty much the state of nickelodean nowadays

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
As a whole, I guess okay. In it's overall existence (Much longer than that of CN), it hasn't had as many glory years as CN had. 70's Nick is lame, and 80's Nick just feels lackluster, and unoriginal. 90's Nick definitely stepped up their game, and became a much better channel, and 2000's Nick released a lot of great content. The current decade seems to lack as much great content that the 2000's and 90's had. This isn't me being biased against modern Nick, and nostalgic for older Nick, I just think the content that happened to be released in recent time just isn't that good (Not comparing it to the older stuff, I mean in general).

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I voted all 3, since Nick USED to be good back before 2007. I know that I may sound like I am jumping on the bandwagon a bit, but MOST content on Nick was great pre-2007. After shows like Mr. Meaty and Naked Brother's Band aired, I could sense that there was a decline in Nick's content (which was right where SB started to lose his luster) and the shows were not as enjoyable. 2009-2011 was another decline for Nick, since SpongeBob was at its worst and there were some terrible shows that aired on the network including Fanboy and Chum Chum, but I still had hope since there were a few good sitcoms like iCarly that were still on air.
When iCarly and Victorious ended, the sitcoms started to get revolting. I mean, I don't find myself enjoying and of these sitcoms and it all feels the same. There are some days where I wished that Nick would just give Dan Schneider a break already. And even in 2016-now with shows like The Loud House, I still feel that the network is just awful. Not in their content, since SpongeBob has gotten better, I'm talking about the way that they treat shows that are not SpongeBob or Loud House. I love SpongeBob, but there is no need to air it 6 hours a day. And of course, we have the worst use of memes that I have ever witnessed: their advertising. I have no words for Nick using le outdated maymays to try and stay hip. I'll just leave it at that.
So yeah, I am ambivalent about Nickelodeon as a whole. The 70s and 80s Nickelodeon were pretty forgettable, 90s Nick, while a bit overrated, is still great since the NickToons started to give the network life, 2000s Nick is where they stepped up their game and made it the best years ever, while 2010s Nick is lackluster.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The 90s through early 2000s were good, 2006-2008 were mixed but still had good qualities, and 2009-2017 are absolutely dreadful with a few gems like Korra, Harvey Beaks, and SpongeBob Season 9b (Stretching it there since that's only half of a season of a show that's been around way before the 2010s but it was still something worth watching on Nick which is beyond rare) And that's not even mentioning the horrid scheduling, sitcoms, and pandering.

It still had a good run through the 90s and most of the 2000s so I can't quite say it's bad but it's been bad for almost a decade at this point, and mediocre for even longer.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Am i the only one who thinks Nick is improving? I mean, if they keep making more shows like The Loud House and Welcome to the Wayne, i'll probably enjoy Nick again.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I'm kind of mixed on what to say about Nick as a whole since it's drastically changed over time, but here's what I'll say:

The stuff from the 1990's was usually great. There were a few shows I didn't care for (Rugrats, Kablam, Rocket Power), but Rugrats still had some quality to it and the other two shows, while I don't like them, are better than a lot of stuff Nick has put out after 2005. The early 2000's shows were also pretty solid. Once again, I wasn't a huge fan of every show, but I don't think any of them released then were bad and they all had some quality to them. Catscratch was the last Nick show that I would consider part of the classic era. After that, Nick went downhill. I wouldn't say it became terrible until Fanboy and Chum Chum started airing (When was that? I'm thinking 2008 or 2009.), but since Catscratch, the majority of their shows were terrible. I do think they slightly improved the past few years since Harvey Beaks is good and The Loud House, while I think it is just okay, is a lot better than people on here make it out to be and it's actually tolerable, we're still not in a good state. Probably just okay as a whole.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I don't care for Nickelodeon anymore.
The only Nickelodeon show I like is SpongeBob, and aside from their Store in London (and the fact that they're apparently coming to Intu Lakeside Shopping Centre which is only a drive away from where I live), I just...don't...care.

I voted for Okay anyway. I don't hate them but I don't love them, as it very much were.

I'd say it's a decent channel. There was a time when the network was great, but I feel the ship started sinking around 2005 or 2006. While the channel has received moderate improvement since 2015, I think that the effects of the 2007-2014 era are still strongly felt.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Nick overall is just meh. 70s and 80s Nick doesn't do for me. 90s Nick is better because of Nick Toons. A whole lot of memorable shows came on around this time. Same thing with early 2000s. The mid 2000's were alright, there were more forgettable cartoons from 2003-2008, but it still had good shows. Then around 2009, the channel became just bad at this point. A lot of the shows that were still on at the time started to turn down on quality. And it's still pretty bad to this day. There really isn't a whole lot of variety to the scheduling for Nick. As of 2017, it's either Spongebob, The Loud House or some crappy sitcoms like. Their current shows are really not very memorable and are often treated poorly if it doesn't have the same quality as Spongebob. There are a few decent shows like The Loud House, but that doesn't save this network from being trash.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Honest Canadian Cartoon said:
I don't buy into this Nick is getting better conspiracy. To me they're the same they've been for the last decade, I actually think 2017 is the lowpoint of the Network.
Why ls 2017 the lowpoint and not 2013 or something?

Back