it's time to boycott the nfl

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
You're really going to boycott something just because they don't do the national anthem. That really dumb. I really don't get why people are making such a big deal over this, or hell, why is this even newsworthy worth protesting about? It may be the national anthem, which is important to the country, but still.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Boycott the NFL my butt!

I'm with the protesters on this one! If they don't want to stand, DON'T LET THEM!
Let's focus on other issues that need to be addressed, like how Trump is a poor excuse for a president!
You may not think so, but I do!
He's the main reason why the USA is so divided politically!
Ever since he was elected, all hell broke loose! :facepalm:
:torch: :torch: :torch: :torch: :torch: :torch: :torch:

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I am literally resisting the urge to be sarcastic. I don't even care about American football, and yet this is so petty and pathetic I can't help but see what it's all about.

People are just choosing not to stand!!!! Why are you freaking out over this? It's not that big of a deal! It has absolutely nothing to do with actual sport - come back when the NFL is making actual bad decisions.

Did you stand for the Anthem? Of course you did. Good for you. Now stop judging others and just mind your business; people have a right to choose whether or not they want to stand.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Trophy said:
If there's an actual reason to boycott it, it should be the game itself such as officiating, the league issues with Goodell and suspensions, quality of play declining in close games, etc. Not over something inane as being upset with peaceful protests.
This.

The National Football League has had serious ethical problems for decades, and they are just coming into sharper focus. As a sport, football can be fun, competitive but friendly; but as a business, the NFL rakes in billions of tax-free dollars, covers up the worst deeds of its players and owners, and runs a woefully hypocritical public relations scheme.

I personally couldn't care less if you stand, kneel, or even sit for the national anthem. I do all three at church, and each can be considered a sign of respect. Now, just because you stand or kneel doesn't mean I owe you my unending adoration – you're a freakin' professional football player, one of a select few, so just do your job. Grandstanding (on either side) will only get you negative points in my book.

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
My problem with this situation isn't about not standing for the national anthem. That's a matter of free speech. It's about doing it in support of stupid causes, and I reserve my own right of free speech to criticize anyone for that.

A little reminder for everyone here, on both sides of the problem:

4v1cN5Y.jpg

Mantis

killer queen best stand
The national anthem sucks anyways. The Soviet anthem for the win

Katniss

totally coral
AlphaWarhawk said:
My problem with this situation isn't about not standing for the national anthem. That's a matter of free speech. It's about doing it in support of stupid causes, and I reserve my own right of free speech to criticize anyone for that.

A little reminder for everyone here, on both sides of the problem:

4v1cN5Y.jpg
I don't think not standing to protest police brutality is a stupid cause.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
toddphillips said:
all of this mess is obama's fault.
Please shut up. You only hate Obama so much because he's African-American. I don't see you talk about other Democratic presidents as disrespectful as you do with him. This is on Trump. He wants people like you to boycott the NFL for stupid reasons.
Katniss said:
I want to like this so badly but I think I surpassed my like limit

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM

You think that's all there is to it? This is an act of kneeling to social justice, and going "::dolphin noise:: YOU PRESIDENT" in the most glaringly obvious way possible. And if you're one of those people who advocates killing cops as well (looking at you, BLM and Antifa), I have no respect for you.

To quote Kevin, only in America could you throw venom at the country while getting paid billions of tax-exempt dollars in the exact same process.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
NFL has already lost a lot of ratings because of a few guys kneeling during the anthem. Now that a bunch of players are doing it, imagine how much ratings they'll lose now. This whole situation is ridiculous. What Trump said was dumb, the NFL players were dumb for doing this, and people's reactions are dumb. Everything about this is stupid. Here's a good article about this: http://www.dailywire.com/news/21472/trump-vs-nfl-6-things-you-need-know-about-ben-shapiro

Back