I got my wisdom teeth out!

The DS Guy

Banished
The surgery went so well and I feel great. I give God every bit of credit for how well this all worked out. Does anyone have any stories about getting their wisdom teeth out?

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
i just discovered a few days ago that i have my first wisdom tooth growing in.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I had 'em out 10 years ago. They should have prescribed you at least a week's worth of heavy-duty pain-killers. That'll keep you feeling good for a while. ;) Just make sure you wash out any food particles that can get stuck in the back of your mouth, since your gums will still be healing for a couple weeks. (Your dental surgeon, of course, should have gone over all of this with you.)

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
i've never had my wisdom teeth removed. I only have one right now, but it's probably not going to grow outside my gums and I most likely won't get them removed.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I got them out two years ago. I was prescribed expensive medication that only made me throw up the first day, before switching to cheap Tylenol and realizing that worked better in the first place. Oh, corporate greed...but yeah, having my mouth be swollen for a week was no fun. Bring on the makeshift ice packs (a frozen bag of peas)! Actually the swelling lasted longer than it should have for me, and I thought I might have to go back and have them go in and fix a nerve (eek!) but thank goodness that wasn't the case.

Yeah. It's not fun. I'm glad it went well for you though.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I remember when I got a molar off when I was 12 years old. I have 2 wisdom teeth that are currently growing and they are making my other teeth next to them change their position. This means my teeth are getting slightly less straighten, especially the place where I got my molar removed. I'm extremely scared to take my wisdom teeth off. I never had a surgery before and I'm really afraid if something like this happens to me. It sounds very awful to me. =/

BobCarotte

meep
I have two wisdom teeth that just started growing and the other two are under my gums. My dentist said she could take them off but it's not that necessary as long as they don't hurt.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
For the record, I had my wisdom teeth removed well before they started to erupt from the gums. My teeth weren't in immediate danger of becoming impacted by them either, but I had just finished wearing braces for two years, and my parents (rightly) decided that I might as well get them out and prevent any possible issues in the future.

The DS Guy

Banished
toddphillips said:
do you feel better now? i had all four of mine removed last year i feel better now.
I feel great, which I couldn't believe. I thought I might feel groggy and weak, but not at all. I was of course tired after the operation and I took a nap, but since then, I've been feeling so great.
EmployeeAMillion said:
Same here only a couple months ago. Remember to not talk much and have a decent amount of ice cream until you feel alright again.
I actually can talk very well. I thought I was going to need to take a break from recording my Loud House reviews for a few days, but I was able to record four more episode reviews today. I ate about five bowls of ice cream today, and that's all I had. I had strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and chocolate with peanut butter ice cream with chocolate syrup. Tomorrow I will eat macaroni and cheese. And maybe more ice cream.
Big Meaty Claws said:
credit the doctor too
Yes, he was very helpful. He answered all of my questions. He gave me some gas to make me relax and then a shot to put me to sleep.
There are of course other soft foods I can eat, such as smoothies, yogurt, and cottage cheese. But I'm not very fond of either of those, so I go with ice cream.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Haven't had em removed yet, but it's gonna need to happen soon (along with my gallbladder, haha).. this thread has really died down my anxiety, honestly, glad it's gone so well for others!

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. It was painful! I also had an infected molar removed a few years before that meaning I only have 31 out of 32 of my teeth left. I also had one of my cavities patched up with porcelain a few years later at a dentist located on a technical college campus. I remember the buzzing and whirring of their drills and needles well.

Back