when did spongebob went downhill?

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
HrHkXkK.jpg

It was a freezing, sub-zero day in 1994. The winds were roaring, the ice was fleeting, and the snow was glistening as the already rushed residents of New York City were even faster. The people here were ill-equipped to handle -20 F windchills as this was one of the fashion capitals of the world, and style trumped function. Unfortunately, SpongeBob is a hoe and literally only wears square pants so when he attempted to take a modest walk from SoHo to Jackson Heights--he really loved himself some biryani--he unfortunately froze to death and died. And that was when the show went downhill because that Vincent Waller gurl had to make a new SpongeBob or something but I mean he can never be the same tbh because 90s > 2000s.

BobCarotte

meep
season 2 but started to improve in season 5 and became great in season 6, season 7 was the best season. a pal for gary is my favourite episode and it's from that godly season

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
In all honesty, the show was at it's worst in 2010. The sheer amount of horrendous episodes is more of that than other years the series was around. A Pal For Gary, Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful, One Coarse Meal, The Play's the Thing, Rodeo Daze, Summer Job, The Clash of Triton, Grandma's Secret Recipe, Yours, Mine and Mine, You Don't Know Sponge, etc.

While the series did start to go downhill around 2008, 2010 was when it hit rock bottom.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
"Downhill": Beginning of Season 1
The show was dying after Season 2 & 3.
The show improved since the legendary A Pal for Gary.

OK, in all honesty, it's near the end of Season 4. It's still a great season, nonetheless, but it was a slight downgrade. Nothing too effective or anything though, but I believe that Season 5 is the season where things have changed differently, especially iin episodes like To Love a Patty. I find this topic to be extremely old now, as Seasons 4 & 5 are literally over a decade and it's tiresome to talk about this, considering the fact that each season is different and everything is old news and nothing special at all. =/

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
The second half of season 4. From what I've heard, most of the beginning of season 4 were episodes written for season 3, but pushed back. The second half is when there were the episodes that were made after Stephen Hillenburg's exit. Those were going down in quality.

Back