SBM is trash

KarateSponge

Parawhore
This episode reminded me of how Sandy can be the worst character in an episode.

Because she was that character in this episode.

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
I still liked it, but I agree with the whole "Game Night Gang" thing.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite SBM posts in quite a while, and honestly perfectly portrays my opinion on the episode as well, and why it simply doesn't work.

I really hope that within season 11, they learn that Squidward isn't an antagonist, he's merely put in situations that disappoint and disrupt his general life, and the things he loves to do. Club SpongeBob is yet another amazing example that the trio of SB, Pat, and Squid can be hilarious; adding Sandy to the mix is just a fantastic bonus for me, as I love her character too (Krabs I'm indifferent too, and Plankton I honestly loved as a kid; still do).

More

VIP
Growlie said:
Neptune, I despise both episodes.
Lol I thought you were President Squidward for a second, had to do a double-take there!

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
You know, I'm really surprised a SINGLE episode is compared to the episode which is already pretty overrated, IMO. And somewhere around here, Mr. Waller is crying/cursing you for your so-called "brutal honesty".
I think that you should stop discussing "Sportz" now and just take this for granted.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
RomNick said:
You know, I'm really surprised a SINGLE episode is compared to the episode which is already pretty overrated, IMO. And somewhere around here, Mr. Waller is crying/cursing you for your so-called "brutal honesty".
I think that you should stop discussing "Sportz" now and just take this for granted.
What are you even trying to communicate here? We should stop talking about this episode because you said so? I don't know if what you said is just you making up stuff to prove your point or true but if Mr. Waller doesn't like we say about this episode that's his fault. It would be rude to go on his twitter to say this episode sucked, but saying this episode sucked on SBM is perfectly fine as long as the criticisms are held at the episode and not the people who made it. This is an open forum about SpongeBob discussion and if we're going to discuss good qualities of SpongeBob it's also in nature for us to talk about the bad stuff too. Fair, negative opinions on SpongeBob shouldn't be censored because they're negative.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
What are you even trying to communicate here? We should stop talking about this episode because you said so? I don't know if what you said is just you making up stuff to prove your point or true but if Mr. Waller doesn't like we say about this episode that's his fault. It would be rude to go on his twitter to say this episode sucked, but saying this episode sucked on SBM is perfectly fine as long as the criticisms are held at the episode and not the people who made it. This is an open forum about SpongeBob discussion and if we're going to discuss good qualities of SpongeBob it's also in nature for us to talk about the bad stuff too. Fair, negative opinions on SpongeBob shouldn't be censored because they're negative.
Well, it wasn't a REALLY painful episode to start a big separate discussion about it. I mean, it could be much worse. It's not good, but it's nothing offensive, either.
And I think this is the biggest thing that "Sportz?" simply fails at where "Patrick! The Game" excels: throughout the entire eleven minutes, there's not one scene where the entire quartet is in the same setting and have a speaking role. If you don't believe that, I was shocked too.
What about the ending, where all four are in the same shot? This counts as a scene.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Thanks, More_Starco, for the best topic on this website since I joined. :thumbsup: I completely agree with you on Patrick the Game and it being the best Post 2nd movie episode and one of the show's overall best episodes. I haven't seen Sportz yet, but from how you describing it, it seems like a pretty bad episode.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I agree with this analysis completely. I found the episode to be watchable at best, and that's not exactly a compliment.

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I honestly miss episodes where Squidward tried to be nice to SpongeBob, like in Dying for Pie, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, and Christmas Who? These days, all he does is try to trick him through some scheme that, predictably, blows up in his face.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Imagination said:
Naughty Nautical Neighbors
Squidward wasn't exactly trying to be nice to SpongeBob here throughout. He immediately regretted that he said thanks to him when he fixed his back and called him friend and kicked him out after his horrible viola performance afterwards.
Then, he tried to make SpongeBob and Patrick friends again, but in a mean manner, still: he gives them water, and even when they drank too much, he went to bring some more.
So I don't see your point about this episode.
Plus, the episodes when Squidward was nice to SpongeBob in one way or another were present in a small amount throughout the WHOLE SHOW.
Fools in April, Born Again Krabs, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Demolition Doofus (the opening with him in the garden), Hello Bikini Bottom, Squid Plus One (despite how it turned out in the end, he still took him to the gallery), The Sewers of BB, Two Thumbs Down.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
More_Starco said:
Lol I thought you were President Squidward for a second, had to do a double-take there!
yes because I would totally have an avatar of Squidward in Squilliam's hand :P (not judging growlie in any way, it's a great drawing of hers, it's just I'm not into Squidward and Squilliam rivalries :sbface:)

Growlie

Best Boy
yes because I would totally have an avatar of Squidward in Squilliam's hand :P (not judging growlie in any way, it's a great drawing of hers, it's just I'm not into Squidward and Squilliam rivalries :sbface:)
To create further confusion in the future, we should have both have matching avatars;)

Then the double take will be real.

Imagination

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Squidward wasn't exactly trying to be nice to SpongeBob here throughout. He immediately regretted that he said thanks to him when he fixed his back and called him friend and kicked him out after his horrible viola performance afterwards.
Then, he tried to make SpongeBob and Patrick friends again, but in a mean manner, still: he gives them water, and even when they drank too much, he went to bring some more.
So I don't see your point about this episode.
Plus, the episodes when Squidward was nice to SpongeBob in one way or another were present in a small amount throughout the WHOLE SHOW.
Fools in April, Born Again Krabs, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Demolition Doofus (the opening with him in the garden), Hello Bikini Bottom, Squid Plus One (despite how it turned out in the end, he still took him to the gallery), The Sewers of BB, Two Thumbs Down.
Most of the episodes you listed were less "being nice" and more "standing in the same frame without yelling".

Back