Unpopular Opinion: I like Mario Kart Wii more than Mario Kart 8

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
BenPaz said:
I have never seen that complaint of people saying mario kart wii sucks. Most people agree they're about equal.
Interesting. To be fair, I haven't seen many people online talk about these games since early 2015, so things may have changed since then.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
What are you even talking about? Nearly aeveryone thinks MKWII is better than MK8.

Kimberly

call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me
Everyone everywhere says MK Wii > MK 8

Wii had great characters and great tracks, MK 8 had good characters but the tracks were a little too vanilla. Plus it didn't have Bowser Jr, my main, which is absolutely criminal!

I know he's in Deluxe, but I haven't played that one yet

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Wintermelon43 said:
What???? There's VERY few people that I've seen say MK8 is better than MKWII
Well, apparently we talk to different people, because for me it is the opposite. Glad to see people agreeing with me, though!

Kimberly said:
Everyone everywhere says MK Wii > MK 8

Wii had great characters and great tracks, MK 8 had good characters but the tracks were a little too vanilla. Plus it didn't have Bowser Jr, my main, which is absolutely criminal!

I know he's in Deluxe, but I haven't played that one yet
I completely agree. The tracks in Mario Kart Wii are so much better. I miss playing that game online...

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Mario Kart 8 >>>>>>> Mario Kart Wii imo.

Mario Kart Wii's balance is complete trash. I'm no graphics ::dolphin noise:: but the fact that Mario Kart Double Dash has much better graphics is sad.

Mario Kart 8 blows Wii out of the water with tracks, balance, and polish.

Imo Mario Kart Wii is one of the worst while 8 is the best.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Honest Slug said:
Mario Kart 8 >>>>>>> Mario Kart Wii imo.

Mario Kart Wii's balance is complete trash. I'm no graphics ::dolphin noise:: but the fact that Mario Kart Double Dash has much better graphics is sad.

Mario Kart 8 blows Wii out of the water with tracks, balance, and polish.

Imo Mario Kart Wii is one of the worst while 8 is the best.
I agree that Mario Kart 8 has better polish, but I just like the tracks in Mario Kart Wii more. Those tracks more fun, creative, and challenging. A lot of Mario Kart 8's tracks were too easy and did not take use of the potential they had. The game in general was too easy. The computer players are too easy, and I hate how now when you fall off the track you get picked up immediately. Don't get me wrong, I do think Mario Kart 8 is a good game, but it could of been a lot better.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I agree with you. I know it MK8 was a little easier, but the tracks, graphics, and characters are the best ever. I love playing as the Koopalings.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The E-Man Guy said:
I agree that Mario Kart 8 has better polish, but I just like the tracks in Mario Kart Wii more. Those tracks more fun, creative, and challenging. A lot of Mario Kart 8's tracks were too easy and did not take use of the potential they had. The game in general was too easy. The computer players are too easy, and I hate how now when you fall off the track you get picked up immediately. Don't get me wrong, I do think Mario Kart 8 is a good game, but it could of been a lot better.
I feel like we played different games. Mario Kart Wii's tracks were pretty boring and soulless to me. Mario Kart 8 has much more in the way of variety.

I don't think Mario Kart Wii was challenging in a good way, more like bad game design. Having to stay in first place most of the time, not use bullet bills, not hit walls, and get first place 4 times in a game with rubber band AI and blue shells to get a character is a good way to make me play Double Dash and Mario Kart 8 instead.

Kimberly

call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me
I mean I play 8 with my brother and that AI rubberband junk still happens to me

I'll be in first, get hit with some bs the AI pulled out of thin air, and never be able to catch back up to him no matter what I do

Back