Episodes that felt like they belonged in different Cartoons

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Okay, bare with me here. The title may seem a little complex. This thread is to discuss episodes that felt either too similar to a cartoon, or they felt like they would work better in a different cartoon (And no, parodies like Squidward in Clarinetland don't count). Alright, here it goes.

Snail Mail feels very much like a Mickey Mouse Work cartoon (Aka: The Cartoons on House of Mouse). Just the interaction alone between SpongeBob and Gary in this episode feels like the relationship between Mickey and Pluto in certain cartoons of that series. It has a more generic plot than most SpongeBob episodes, which feels like a plot you'd see in a Mickey Mouse cartoon, rather than a SpongeBob cartoon. Heck, you could make the same episode with SpongeBob as Mickey, Gary as Pluto, and Patrick as Goofy, and it'd hardly change!

Every since I witnessed Tutor Sauce when it originally aired, it has always reminded me of a classic Looney Tunes cartoon. Just the timing, and the absurd amount of gags really feels like something straight out of Looney Tunes.

What about you? What episodes of the series do you think would fit better in different cartoons?

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Which cartoons in particular? Is this referencing how the animation style is similar to that of The Ren & Stimpy Show. I do find Whirlybrains to be much similar to a Ren and Stimpy episode.

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I don't know Mimic Madness would belong to a cartoon... but I don't know what it would be... if could belong to something that doesn't even exist yet or is a cartoon which name i should not mention.

I honestly got nothing all of them feel like SpongeBob you like it or not.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Squid's Visit, One Coarse Meal, A Pal for Gary, The Splinter are not SpongeBob episodes.

I don't know what they are.

toasterstrutel said:
Not a cartoon, but Clams sort of reminded me of Jaws.
McSponge said:
(And no, parodies like Squidward in Clarinetland don't count). Alright, here it goes.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
The Splinter feels like a Johnny Test episode, honestly. JT did an episode about a wart (That talks), so I'm not surprised I'm reminded of this.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I agree. Except for the ending. The ending feels like Ren Needs Help from Adult Party Cartoon.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
IDEK why but ''Code Yellow'' reminds me of Looney Tunes....like SpongeBob being Bugs Bunny performing a nose surgery to Squidward (the bald guy from Bugs Bunny ,idk his name)

Loopers

Sportz?
SquiddlyPie said:
IDEK why but ''Code Yellow'' reminds me of Looney Tunes....like SpongeBob being Bugs Bunny performing a nose surgery to Squidward (the bald guy from Bugs Bunny ,idk his name)
elmer fudd

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I'll go with the most obvious choice and say Reef Blower. Since SpongeBob is all about dialogue humor, I think it's wrong for there to be an episode with no speaking. Feels like a Loony Tunes episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
McSponge said:
I agree. Except for the ending. The ending feels like Ren Needs Help from Adult Party Cartoon.
I mean the episode was very bad but it wasn't Ren Seeks Help bad. Nothing is Ren Seeks Help bad.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
SquiddlyPie said:
Doesn't sound like you're too sure which cartoon it belongs to.
Honest Slug said:
I mean the episode was very bad but it wasn't Ren Seeks Help bad. Nothing is Ren Seeks Help bad.
he didn't say anything about it being as bad as Ren Seeks Help

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
SpongeCob said:
Doesn't sound like you're too sure which cartoon it belongs to.

he didn't say anything about it being as bad as Ren Seeks Help
Saying something feels like Ren Seeks Help is not a compliment. Unless I'm missing something.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Honest Slug said:
Saying something feels like Ren Seeks Help is not a compliment. Unless I'm missing something.
Or maybe the scene just reminded them of ren seeks help...? they both feature characters going on an insane rampage.

Back