SpongeBob airing on a non-Nickelodeon channel?

dmandaboi

I love SBM
I remember this from a while ago, but nobody else I know has. A few years ago (I want to say around 2009-2011), I saw SpongeBob airing on a channel that wasn't Nickelodeon (or anything related to the Nick name.) For any of you that had channels 56, 57, and 58 be Disney, Nick, and CN respectively, the show was airing on channel 59 (don't remember the name). The episodes specifically were "Squid on Strike/Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm", and I thought Nickelodeon had just switched channels for the time. But no, a bumper came up saying more SpongeBob was up next, and there was no Nickelodeon name or slime or anything. Does anyone else remember this? Because that's all that I remember.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I remember those episodes, along with Hooky/Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy/Pickles, and Your Shoe's Untied/Squid's Day Off airing back-to-back on TV Land in summer 2009. Is that what you mean?

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
kite man said:
I remember this from a while ago, but nobody else I know has. A few years ago (I want to say around 2009-2011), I saw SpongeBob airing on a channel that wasn't Nickelodeon (or anything related to the Nick name.) For any of you that had channels 56, 57, and 58 be Disney, Nick, and CN respectively, the show was airing on channel 59 (don't remember the name). The episodes specifically were "Squid on Strike/Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm", and I thought Nickelodeon had just switched channels for the time. But no, a bumper came up saying more SpongeBob was up next, and there was no Nickelodeon name or slime or anything. Does anyone else remember this? Because that's all that I remember.
he's right
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?287648-SpongeBob-on-TV-Land

Why do I recall there used to be another kids channel that would occasionally play Nick shows in the morning?

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Puppycat said:
SpongeBob has aired on MTV, Spike TV, TV Land, and VH1 in the past; usually in late-night timeslots.
That sums it up.

I wish SpongeBob would reach syndication, being a high-profile show with many episodes. It would be interesting to see it on network TV. In fact, I believe I've made a thread about it before...

Vladimir King

Blue Neighbor
Cartoon Network Actually Aired Spongebob Squarepants 3 Times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgW0Ub_IEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybfI78_ZsU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiE8AQRu8s

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
In the UK, we have a channel called CITV which also used to show SpongeBob, despite not being a Nickelodeon channel. Also showed Phineas and Ferb along with some other cartoons. Not sure if they still air it though.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Sometimes they'll play Spongebob episodes on MTV because MTV and Nick are both owned by Viacom.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
I think I remember seeing SpongeBob on a completely different channel when my family went on vacation to Canada some time ago. I don't even know if they have Nickelodeon there.
Puppycat said:
SpongeBob has aired on MTV, Spike TV, TV Land, and VH1 in the past; usually in late-night timeslots.
Well they are Viacom channels after all.

Puppycat

Floating Shopping List
patfan200 said:
I think I remember seeing SpongeBob on a completely different channel when my family went on vacation to Canada some time ago. I don't even know if they have Nickelodeon there.
Nickelodeon Canada launched in 2009, but that channel would've likely been YTV. They've been showing SpongeBob since 2000, and it used to be pretty much every Nickelodeon series aired on there.

(Also, unlike Nickelodeon, YTV isn't specifically aimed at 2-11 or 9-14 year olds, aiming up to the age of 18. Meaning they've also shown the likes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daria, and various uncut anime. It's times like this I wish I lived in Canada.)

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
Was it YTV? But thats a Canadian channel. It's between Cartoon network and Nick

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Puppycat said:
Nickelodeon Canada launched in 2009, but that channel would've likely been YTV. They've been showing SpongeBob since 2000, and it used to be pretty much every Nickelodeon series aired on there.

(Also, unlike Nickelodeon, YTV isn't specifically aimed at 2-11 or 9-14 year olds, aiming up to the age of 18. Meaning they've also shown the likes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daria, and various uncut anime. It's times like this I wish I lived in Canada.)
That's honestly really cool.

coft

happy hopping moron
Actually, in the uk, this channel called viva would air SpongeBob episodes from Seasons 3-7. Also Channel 5 used to air SpongeBob at like 10 o clock

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
"It's A SpongeBob Christmas!" aired on both CBS and Nickelodeon during the first year it premiered.

SpongeBob SquarePants (as Bob Esponja) airs on both Televisa's broadcast TV network Canal 5 and the cable TV/satellite network Nickelodeon Latin America in Mexico.

Anyone living near a Mexican city in a U.S.-Mexico border city/town on the American side can watch SpongeBob SquarePants over-the-air on a local Canal 5 affiliate in English simply by using a pair of rabbit ear antennae, and switching to the English secondary audio from Spanish on your TV or DTV converter box. One such example is the local San Diego, CA/Tijuana, BN Canal 5 affiliate XETV-TDT channel 6.

Canal 5, from what information I gather, feels like a poor-man's version of Canada's YTV during the daytime and early evening, due to the strong presence of youth-oriented programs...

Back